He literally did nothing wrong

He literally did nothing wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Death Note Anonymity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Except act like a retard and get caught

He had a very large ego.

He did everything wrong. How the fuck do fuck up so bad with such a weapon. They located him so fast. He got lucky a number of times or else L would've ended the show so in just a few episodes.

this
and this
faggot

Just rewatched this.

After L dies the show turns into such hot garbage.

Near was super cute though.

what would you rate this show out of 10?
me: 3

>write peoples name they die of heart attacks
>You somehow get caught for writing peoples names down in a note book that magically kills them.

How do you not find this wrong?

Was he /ourguy/?

No he was a retard that got caught. Explain how you get caught using a magical kill all device faggot

Tfw there will never be another anime as deep as death note

he was a retard desu

>get magical notebook
>decide to go on a massive purge of criminals
>focus mainly in a certain region of Japan
>hack police files and make it known

he brought it on himself

Phoneposters making the lowest quality threads as usual

What about killing that innocent detective guy that was simply just following him around? What about that guys gf?

to be honest, any average person would have gotten caught by L's bullshit "detective skills". He makes the most bullshit connections that even as a viewer you can't see him making but he just happens to be right. The tennis match scene was a good example of this.

who else would purge all rightwing leadership from the planet?

>Satan trips

Liberals confirmed for Satan's slaves

What sort of evidence did they get against him? How could it be upheld in a court of law?

If I got the meme eyes I would be unstoppable

I would use my powers to frame governments and start a nuclear hall of cost

>I'll take a potato chip

Raye Penber was /ourguy/

>and beat it

Why did he have to tell us he was going to jerk off?

>dat homosexual tension between L and Light

wait they're actually making it into a movie? at least william dafoe is the perfect actor to play ryuk lmao

The manga ending was so much better, in the anime he runs away like a pussy and there's that gay scene with L's ghost
And that one guy doesn't stab himself and make that retarded blood fountain, he calls Kira out on being a retard.

>Meme Note
>Deep

book 2 was a fucking mistake

Who cares, bookfag

>focus mainly in a certain region of Japan
I don't remember exactly but wasn't he caught because of his first test kill? Test kills can be forgiven.

Still, he had an immense ego trip so the bitch had to go.

>manga
>book
no picture books on /lit/ please

If you had the deathnote who would you kill first?

Op and you

Jordan Peele for making that shitty meme movie

pic related

He's literally the world's greatest detective who solved tons of serial killings with his focused autism.
All his skills were buyable, it was whenever he was outsmarted it felt like bullshit.

Is that the person that won the presidential election?

Being the the world's greatest detective doesn't give you supernatural mind reading abilities. I mean he not only guesses what Light is thinking during the tennis match, he knows exactly and at the same time he thinks he. The majority of everything he figures is is basically continuous dumb luck. He makes assumptions seem like facts. Even if his assumptions seem reasonable given what he knows, they are rarely the only reasonable interpretation of things yet he's almost always completely confident in them. Anyone that smart wouldn't be that confident in his assumptions, specially when they add on to each other they should be almost certainly wrong.

He trusts his assumptions because he's dealt with plenty of people like Light in the past. He uses his knowledge of how self-centered shitters think and actively checks it against Light's actions. We arent watching him guess, we are watching him check his hypotheses.

Honestly its a 9/10 if you stop when L dies.

The ending is pretty solid though, just should've been L in that position instead of Near.

7/10 for me, bonus points for being comfy.

Light was a faggot who sent his own father to die and didn't care. He was seconds away from killing his own sister too.

>He uses his knowledge of how self-centered shitters think and actively checks it against Light's actions
except he immediately deduces light's personality, which just so happens to be right, and makes plenty of assumptions based on that, which also just happen to be right. Him actually checking his assumptions is pretty rare, and even then it may have been a dumb explanation like how he figures out Kira needs a face and a name. Sure he checks the assumption, but who the hell would have made a supernatural assumption anyways? and again, he's basically reading his mind during the tennis match. Near took it to the extreme, he was basically the character version of deus ex. But it's clear the author had trouble fighting such a sneaky superpower long before L died.

Could a court even convict you? I mean normallly, writing a name in a book won't kill a person.
Granted, it's a magic book but how could you prove that.

Monster is Death Note for adults and Johan is basically an evolved Light

nah that kind of shit wasn't really that unbelievable

you'd be surprised

>but how could you prove that.
By writing in the book.
>normally, writting...
but he clearly knew after the first couple that it does actually kill people. Enough for intent, no matter how strange the method.

Monster >>>>> Any other anime honestly

For you.

Wishes like that are a diamond dozen kid.

Also, checked.

>He makes the most bullshit connections that even as a viewer you can't see him making but he just happens to be right. The tennis match scene was a good example of this.
Not in the least. The whole basis of this was him being right the first time in narrowing down which prefecture Kira was from. Then it was a matter of profiling who would take it upon themselves to dispense their own brand of justice to the world. Hmmm, in this prefecture lives the son of a police chief, this son is an astute student, going on to university. I'll keep an eye on him. And then from there.

killing ray penbar was wrong

I know what the point of it was, doesn't change the fact that he magically deduced that he needs a name and a face to kill. The series would have ended right there if he hadn't somehow decided to test what would basically have to be magic. I don't know how you think the train of thought example you give supports your side. He uses weak evidence at best for each of those steps in finding Kira, yet they all happen to be right. Lastly, you say a matter of profiling who would take it upon themselves to dispense their own brand of justice. Despite the fact that Light is outwardly completely normal to everyone who knows him and L, who would know him even less, should have no reason to peg that on him, that description is in no way rare.

>that description is in no way rare.
How many top of the line students do you know are the son of a police chief? Don't be dumb.
> doesn't change the fact that he magically deduced that he needs a name and a face to kill
There's a guy on TV, and he just died out of nowhere. Hmmmm

Kek

They had perfect evidence. He literally wrote their names in what he thought was a death note and then claimed he was Kira and that they are all going to die.

he is a homosexual

He proclaimed himself God and an arbitrary standard of justice. Sure, he stopped a lot of crime, but the fear he introduced was not worth the crime-free big brother utopia.

It's a textbook critique against totalitarianism aimed at young children who are quite capable of understanding it. Why aren't you, OP?

Interesting read by an autiste about Light's mistakes

gwern.net/Death Note Anonymity

It was a different time

>MISTAKE 4

>Light’s fourth mistake was to use confidential police information stolen using his policeman father’s credentials. This mistake was the largest in bits lost. But interestingly, many or even most Death Note fans do not seem to regard this as his largest mistake, instead pointing to his killing Lind L. Tailor or perhaps relying too much on Mikami. The information theoretical perspective strongly disagrees, and lets us quantify how large this mistake was.

>When he acts on the secret police information, he instantly cuts down his possible identity to one out of a few thousand people connected to the police. Let’s be generous and say 10,000. It takes 14 bits to specify 1 person out of 10,000 (log2(10000)≈13.29 log_2 (10000) ≈ 13.29) - as compared to the 24-25 bits to specify a Kanto dweller.

>This mistake cost him 11 bits of anonymity; in other words, this mistake cost him twice what his scheduling cost him and almost 8 times the murder of Tailor!

>death note
>deep

crtiticising it for this is retarded, you've gotta take into account that the authors had to produce a chapter every week that constantly pushes the story in an interesting direction
I agree with most people that it should have ended with L or sometime after rather than being drawn out in the way it was but is just the nature of most manga series

If he didn't kill the FBI agents he would have never been found.

The dumbest thing was L letting him off for so long when he was literally the only person being investigated and they had concrete proof Misa was Second Kira.

Give him a break. He's probably 14. I remember thinking the same thing over a decade ago too

why was the music so annoying and repetitive

VIOLINS DUN DUN DUN DUN LIGHT DOES IT AGAIN THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN