40 years from now will 4k uhd look shit just like films from the 70s look shit to us now

40 years from now will 4k uhd look shit just like films from the 70s look shit to us now

Humans won't exist in 40 years. Not that they exist now since this is a crude simulation.

I prefer the way older films look

this.

films look best in the 70s-90s

I heard that in the silent and black and white era when people saw their movies fresh they were in better quality and the copies we got deteriorated

Even if humans don't die then I doubt if human eyes can distinguish 4K from higher definition

We definitely can on larger screens. Watch 1080p on a laptop and then watch 1080p on a 72" TV

70s-90s films are patrician tier though.

Don't you have some capeshit to watch OP?

>films
>Holo-vids

We will either have some multi layered 3D shit or TV will go away entirely and got replaced by glasses or direct brain connection.

You're not one of those vapid, worthless pieces of shit who fell for old movies look bad meme ARE YOU user?

RIGHT user?

4k movies/shows look like shit now.

Seeing every wart on their faces at sanic speed strip shows of any magic.

I remember watching the new season of Narcos, which is in 4K, on a new tv and a character lights a cigarette and it looked like it was right in front of me-- but in a bad way. It's not like being there in Columbia in the 80s, it's like being on set with the actors and seeing the crew and lights.

No.

Older films can look amazing though, especially those shot on 65 mm film. Sony did a restoration for Lawrence of Arabia some years ago, check it out if you can

modern camera tech makes films look like fake plastic trash compared to older films

You actually can't differentiate much beyond 720p on a regular sized TV at standard viewing distance.

This is true and not a meme like the 30fps thing.

It is also the reason most TV is broadcast at 720p.

4k is as far as we need go.

Film looks much better than digital.

The only thing digital has going for it (other than price) is that a director can rewatch what he just shot and make an adjustment really quickly.

You do realize film has a higher resolution than that? You grew up watching 480p dvds so that's what you're used to

4k is probably the highest that will be broadcast for a good while, but the resolution cameras can capture will keep going up

Digital has hundreds of advantages over film, it just doesn't look as nice

>just like films from the 70s look shit to us now
This is an 18+ board, boyo

I do as well. No idea why since I didn't start watching 70s films on a regular until well into my 20s.

35mm film has an equivalent digital resolution of about 4k, you dumb fucking pleb.

Lawrence of Arabia (in the pic) was shot on 65mm though

I know, but it's the best example I could think of for a 4k digital remaster.

They're right though.

I wish someone did something similar with Ben Hur

Film is definitely superior in terms of quality, but most instances of people watching movies shot on film is just a 1080p digital scan.

LOL this looks like from GTA:SA with the pimp car.

ok

>People born in 2000 will be 18 years old very very fucking soon

We don't need to wait 40 years, it already looks shit because of the low framerate.

Wtf 70s movies look nice. Need more explosions and lens flare bruh?!