ITT: Films women will never understand

ITT: Films women will never understand.

I can't tell if the ending is based or a cop-out, but the movie was great either way.

My pet theory is that the supernatural element is real, unlike almost every Hitchcock film, just not how were are presented it. In the film we suppose that madeline is being haunted by the ghost of her long dead relative, the woman in the painting. We later find out that this is just a ruse thought up by the husband and judy. But I like to think that there actually is a haunting, but it is of the true madeline, the one throttled in the belfry, and Judy is the one being victimized. By attempting to usurp Madeline's identity, culminating in her final surrender and letting her hair down, Judy is evoking the wrath of the woman she not only tried to kill, but now who's memory she is directly insulting. When she walks out in the green light, the eeriness eludes this. The nun in the belfry, while a real person, is also the culmination of Madeline's revenge, for the protagonist its just a shadow, for Judy it its a literal spectre.

ITT: People looking too deep into movies

? It is one of the best endings in cinema. The whole film is about scottie's obssesion spiraling him and her down into complete destruction. He gets another chance with her but he can't move on, can't let the perfect image of her go. Returning to tower and her now for real dying is the only way it could have ended.

Will cinema ever be this good again?

There is a reason Marvelcuck numales hate this movie

I have a different view of the ending. I believe that Scottie in the final scene is struggling with allowing himself to love Judy with the knowledge that she is a killer, and also his friend's former mistress. Keep in mind Scottie has been dedicated to the law his entire life. We are about to see him make that choice when Judy falls to her death.

Because though low, they still have better standards than you?

Wrong, because being exposed to raw masculinity in both physical and intellectual forms through a visual medium makes them angry and confused just like women would be

That makes sense considering how it seems uncharacteristic of Hitchcock to reach an ending out of coincidence, but I also have a hard time believing Hitchcock would make the supernatural interpretation true.

That's my ex gf's all-time favorite movie, nice try faglord.

meh, then just say Judy is superstitious or exceeding guilt ridden. She is every apprehensive of the makeover process, and you can see the defeat in her when she finally goes into the bathroom to adjust her hair. The specter is a projection of her guilt she superimposes onto the nuns shadow, rather then literal spiritl, your filthy materialist.

>gf

hmm

Why are you here?

>GLOWING 1000 DEGREE KNIFE VS JOHN RAMBO

My waifu Grace said that their relationship is too complicated for audiences to understand. She didn't expand on what she meant by that.

All of william friedkin's films

inb4 Drive numales

I refuse to believe someone over the age of 15 made this post

It's a shit movie made for children

>did I leave the stove on?

>I wish Jason Statham was here..

>Why didn't Col. Trautman ever write to me in prison...

The mouse is getting desperate

My mother owns this on blu-ray and loves it shitlord

No she doesn't. She's a liar.

She's like a Hitchcock devotee, owns most of his filmography

inb4 some sort of Hitch"cock" innuendo joke