The Mummy

Just saw it
It aint that bad but it felt like a comic book world and russel crowe's group might be as well be called BPRD from hellboy because its damn similar
and i kinda liked it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J150XsV4WAg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't cruise the Cruise

Should i give a summary and spoilered it?
Sup Forums is not really my main board

Go ahead if you feel like it

Do it.

Might as well post the summary before the thread dies
It has a lot of comedy moments btw
>scene starts with knight templars burying a knight with a jewel
>then crowe starts narrating about the mummy princess who was jealous because her pops, the emperor doesnt want to give her the empire but instead gave it to her little brother
>mummy prayed to the egyptian chaos god then recieves a knife with jewel and recieved power from it
>kills whole entire family then go with her chosen one/lover so she can resurrect chaos god
>failed like a bitched then got mummified by egyptian guards
And the jewel and dagger got seperated
>in present, tom cruise is a recon soldier in iraq with his partner
>goes uncharted style because he has a map about a treasure from crowe despite the area is full of isis
>fucked up terribly
> partner calls an airtstrike
> isis retreats and army backup arrives
>but the airstrike created a hole that leads to mummy tomb
> blonde girl arrives and comes to get back the map that cruise stolen
>cruise, partner and blonde goes below to recover tomb
>partner was bitten by a spider below
> after recovered the tomb, cruise sees visions about the hot mummy
>he was chosen as her new lover/chosen one
>tomb was taken in the plane
>partner was having a fever then goes almost zombie mode
>kills the soldiers in the room until cruise shoots him thrice (it was kinda funny moment)
>the scene from the trailer happend where the plane crash
> cruise cant die because his cursed and his partner always haunts him about the curse cant be broken
> scene cuts to the crash site where the tomb is
> police opens it then got sucked their lifeforce by mummy

Part 2 next
After i take a piss

>egyptian chaos god

....Kek...?

>Egyptian chaos god
Kek?

Something like that
It was a death god

Tom Cruise becomes The Mummy at the end

>mummy gets younger when she suck lifeforce
>tom cruise sees a vision of her crawling then summoned shit ton of rats then pinned cruise down
>blonde interrupts cruise's vision while he was crossing the road
>blonde tells him about crowe that he can fix him
>cruise wont go because he wants to see the sarcophagus of the mummy in the crashed site
>cruise and blonde took a taxi then stops on a church
>blonde complains that the church is really near the crashed site
>mummy creepily crawling like spiderman in the dark room where cruise is
>mummy summons her zombified policemen
> cruise got caught
> mummy carried cruise near the altar then broke the statue that hids the dagger but without the jewel
> mummy noticed the jewel is missing and got pissed
>blonde came to the rescue but fucked up
>cruise rescued her instead and escaped with a car
>cruise didnt realized that he drove back in the church because mummy was influencing his mind because he was her chosen one
>got pursued by mummy until russel crowe's BPRD came to the rescue and caught the mummy with harpoons
>crowe's soldiers tranquilized cruise
>woked up then got introduced to crowe, but crowe is preparing an injection because if he didnt he will transform into a weird evil guy (i really dont know what the fuck is the story behind this) then crowe injected himself then returns to normal

part 3 next

What kind of monster can hate that man and his movies?

>crowe explains that his group capture the evil/monsters and study them then kills them
>cruise saw where mummy is captured
>mummy is captured while being injected by mercury (it repels evil and shit)
>cruise and mummy talked to each other in egyptian then english
>mummy explains that she was offering her chosen one to become immortal egyptian chaos death god who can control who lives and die and she will become his queen
>scene cuts to blonde thanking cruise for saving her by giving the last parachute but cruise replied that he thought there was another parachute
>mummy summons a mind control bug
>crowe then invite cruise in his office to tell on how to cure his curse
>blonde figures out that crowe is gonna kill or use the knife ritual on cruise so they can kill the chaos god
> crowe tries to prepare his injection but cruise took it and tries to argue that there are other ways to cure the curse
> crowe transforms into a weird evil dude
>rekt cruise's shit but was able to inject crowe
>blonde and cruise escaped

part 4 next

keep it coming OP

>mind control bug goes inside a soldier's ear and got mind controlled
>mind soldier turn off mercury injections then released the mummy
>while cruise and blonde escaped crowes office they were pursued by mummy
>crowes group managed to find the jewel inside a templar cemetary and was instructed to guard it because mummy escaped
>blonde realized that if they destroy the jewel there will be no curse
>cruise and blonde goes to find the jewel
> mummy summons sandstorm in london while cruise and blonde runs like hell
> mummy then summoned the templar zombies inside the guarded cemetery then killed crowe's soldiers
>mummy was able to complete the knife and jewel
>commands sand zombies to find cruise and bring him to her
>cruise and blonde was tackled by a zombie into a underwater tunnel
>cruise fights them but mummy took blonde underwater
>cruise swims below but found blonde dead
>cruise panicked then got grabbed by sand zombies
>sand zombies disappear in the wind
>mummy tries to convinced cruise to join her to rule the world
>cruise got pissed because she killed his waifu
>tries to cqc her but failed horribly but was able to snatched the dagger
>then smashed the jewel in the dagger (the jewel is the hilt of the dagger)
>mummy panicked then convinced cruise that if he destroy the jewel, he cant be a god of chaos/death and he cant revive blonde
>cruise decided to stab himself
>became chaos god
>stuggles to control it
>defeats mummy by sucking her life force
>mummy is dead
>chaos god cruise revives blonde
>cruise keeps telling to get away from him but he will meet her again someday and escapes as crowe's group arrives
>crowe narrating that cruise even though he is a monster now he still has a heart of man but he will be challenged by other evils (maybe monsters?) and he will be always looking for the cure to his curse
>cruise goes to egypt and resurrect his partner
>goes adventuring
>end

dont know if theres an end credit scene, didnt checked

its done

Thanks OP.
Sounds pretty retarded especially the ending

No problem

I think I'll skip reading all this for when i see it myself but thanks bro.

just dont expect too much

They are really trying to create a franchise/universe with everything these days...

thanks mate.

Do we get to see Sofia Boutella's ass or did the trailers lie

This is supposed to be the flagship movie for the Universal monsters series,right?

many times and side boobs also

yes
they say bride of frankenstein is next

Good because she's pretty much the only reason I'm considering watching it.
Also the scene in the forest looks kinda cool.

I wonder what Universal's gonna do if this bombs

Was he autistic?

They're doing a Bride of Frankenstein movie before an actual Frankenstein movie? That's kind of odd.
Also who does Sup Forums want to play the bride

>revives blonde

Fucking christ these movies are so gutless. Just from the description i can tell this bitch is a completely useless character thrown in by execs to appeal to the 50's Hollywood accounting archaic notion of "the female demographic" and they don't even have the balls to kill her to add some stakes and emotions to the plot.

Fuck cinematic universes.

unbelievable review, you didn't even tell me what I thought of it.

Regarding Russel Crowe and him being a monster, you seriously don't know who Jekyll and Hyde is?

Wrong,here is the list:
The Mummy-2017
Invisible Man-2018(Johnny Depp)
Bride of Frankenstein-2019(Angelina Jolie?)
Frankenstein is said to be played by Javier Bardem.

I hope that the Dracula movie will be filmed in Romania. Untold is not canon.

oh fuck it was a novella?

Basically this. Sounds like popcorn fare and stunts.

Ill probably watch it. Cause it is for her.

>BPRD
oh that's kind of neat
>with these scumbag last century monsters on steroids and shit cast
nevermind. I thought this was part of dracula untold universe and maybe Lucas would savage this shit show but i believe he's a different property.

What does Mr. Hyde look like?

From what I've heard Dracula Untold was originally supposed to kick off the universe (and they actually rewrote the movie so that it would), but they scrapped it being canon.

how are they going to have a monster cine universe if the mummy is gone?

well cruise is the new egyptian death god

Haven't seen the movie yet but Egypt has a lot of death-related gods. Are we talking Osiris or Anubis here? Anubis is the god of death itself but Osiris is the king of the afterlife.

Like regular Russel Crowe, only with a little more makeup and lower cockney voice.

i think its anubis since i remember mummy was worshiping a statue of anubis

and cruise can revive people and can suck lifeforce

That's actually more accurate than the hulking out these movies usually portray

>Invisible Man-2018(Johnny Depp)
Will this revive depps career? Seeing as he wont be seen much only heard im going with no

>No Monster Squad?
>No Critter of El Lago Negro?

>Will this revive depps career?

he still has Pirates though

Holy fuck he's actually a character and not a Hulk knockoff?

So universal monsters are going to unite on film. Why,to fight Pyron?

No to fight a big CGI lightning storm in the middle of a city at night

>It aint that bad
worst reason to see a movie ever. I'd rather watching something that's fucking terrible than something that "aint that bad".

I read the comic only recently. Holy fuck did it show how stupid the movie was

go ahead no one's forcing you

cruise has been in a meme cult for so long he knows a few things about how our magic works

hush now, this archaic world of male gaze and patriarchy is already dying. wonder woman made more in 3 days (103 million!!!) than this tripe will make in its entire domestic run

do you think this dark universe will lead into a new league of extraordinary gentlemen movie??

LGX is owned by Fox while the DU is at Universal so that is extremely unlikely. they may do something similar and just call it by another name though. just like penny dreadful on TV...

There is, actually. Its about dr jekyll and the invisible man (yes, depp is in the movie), but i wont go spoiling every detail

Chris Cuckmann at it again
>muh damsel in distress
youtu.be/J150XsV4WAg

Stop posting this retard

I thought Dracula Untold was relatively good for a vampire movie. Everyone is experiencing franchise fatigue but as long as they made a series loosely connected/not mandatory viewing I'd been down for watching the classic monsters.

t. normie popcorn flick consumer

Chaos God Tom Cruise. 10/10 best movie ever

It wasn't relatively good. It was trash.

I've watched the trailer talking about the organization in this movie and they said the monsters will have science around their nature, what's the science to explain the mummy in this film?

Yeah. That would be really bold by summer movie standards to just leave her dead actually. That reading felt a little cheap.

I still want to see it. Mainly cause I talked myself into it and its summer.

Also the mummy is cute.

Agreed. Kept my interests with his power levels and how big it was. You can see how he'd rule a country and become so feared.

A lot of people like to keep vampires so small scale. Hunting a few people in alleways or picking people off one by one. This was a neat take for a super powerful vampire. Neat motivation that can allow the character to be a believable chaotic neutral. Good way to explain why he may not one shot all the protagonists and drag out a cat and mouse game in a future movie.

Wouldn't mind a sequel.

So Cruise becomes a mummy?
Called it.

Success of wonder woman... Need to tap into that market

>new league of extraordinary gentlemen movie??
There is new one planned, the bad news, it is a hard reboot.

This movie looks so tasty, it should be called the YUMMY kek

>here is new one planned, the bad news, it is a hard reboot.

Nothing of value lost there.

and the Potter prequels

>There is new one planned, the bad news, it is a hard reboot.

i assume a new one being planned is the bad news, since a hard reboot can only be good news.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

What's the science to explain the mummy in this film, or did the Prodigium trailer simply lied about making the monsters a bit grounded?

>doesn't waifu the mummy

But why?

She made a deal with an Egyptian god for immortality. No more grounded than any Mummy movies ever.

>What's the science to explain the mummy in this film, or did the Prodigium trailer simply lied about making the monsters a bit grounded?

So is Tom the main villain of the Dark Universe now? He's basically Satan?

I'm waiting on wolfkino. There's like barely any of it. Better not be like the The Rock or some shit. Like I actually liked the dude who played Dracula in Untold.

They're saving it for wolfman

Well, the lesser mummies seen in the film could be due to some sort of parasites, don't know how to explain the more sentient female mummy though, maybe it has something to do with that knife he wields.

she*

The same bs science that explains Thor and Loki in the MCU

See

>we will never get a mummy movie like this again

i like it
thanks OP

Literally

>It's 2017. Strong women

I posted this in a different Mummy thread and still think it's dumb when regarding J&H.

lol

lol, this sounds like crap. could have saved money just making small, atmospheric horror movies that connected. had a descendant of van helsing helping each hero in each movie to defeat the monster or learn about it. mummy should have been like this, franken stien could have been body horror and a character study, the creature of the black lagoon a straight up b monster movie where it kidnaps a hot chick or even better and fitting of the new trend make it a girl raping guys like in species only no tentacle boobs and more gil face.

He's got "the power of a monster and the soul of a man". The final narration flat-out states he'll use his monster powers for good and fight other monsters.

I don't think it is explaining the science of the mummy. The trailer is pretty clear that Hyde buys the existence of the metaphysical, but based on the posts here, he also understands that given that the mummy has some ammount of physicality to it there will be an interaction with scientific principles.

>minus the character study