Hey Sup Forums what is the story that to you best exemplifies what Superheroes are about

Civil War I and II

All-Star Superman

Jesus Christ, new frontier was so good.

Superman: Beyond

Superheroes? Superman:Brainiac
Comics? New Avengers

This tbqh.

All-Star Superman too, but even that doesn't capture the spirit of super-heroism as adroitly as New Frontier.

Marvels

Rebirth is literally DC realizing that Kingdom Come was Right.

Which is hopefully the last we'll see of Man of Murder.

You already chose it my friend.

This too.

And this.

>All DC

>t. someone who didn't actually read N52 Superman comics

Miller's Batman: Year One and Daredevil best represent the Vigilante Hero.

>Implying that shit wasn't storytimed on Sup Forums
>Implying I'd pay money for Jim Lee and Geoff Johns wanking garbage.

Even Johns is apologizing for the Nu52, you don't have to keep pretending it was good.

Please tell me you at least read Action Comics.

>Even Johns is sweet-talking you into taking another one up your ass again after the rough night that was Nu52

ftfy

>read

This is Sup Forums talking about Superman. Of course they didn't read it.

Easily Ultimate Spider-Man

Everything else here is so grand and big or central to a character's mythos but USM was just one big story about a kid with super powers

Invincible was a better re-take on the classic Superhero Genre than all of the Nu52 combined.

Fite me.

I'm not one to buy into over glorifications of super heroes as modern myths, precious figures, or revered iconics anymore, so that eliminates like 90% of cape comics done by people across the pond.

Honestly, can't go wrong with the Masterplanner Saga from Spider-man. It has everything cape comics are about: angst, secret identities getting in the way of real life, action, melodrama, and the tease of the saga never quite being over and more adventures to come

This, New Frontier is everyone being "SO ICONIC" and fighting the good fight against Le Generic Ebil Threat, after the requisite Superman/Batman pissing contest.

It's so large that it never really portrays what makes them individually great besides "Nevar Give Up, Row Row fight da Powah".
It's enjoyability is directly proportional to your nostalgia levels, which can also be said of Kingdom Come.