You know stu the UKIP

>you know stu the UKIP
>the UKIP
>the UKIP stu
>you know the UKIP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=69LSHlpilLA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm also a pessimistic asshole but this cunt is not funny.

He's like Ian Huntley to me.

Stewart Lee isn't funny. He's a bitter angry asshole that has to appeal to millenial post-ironic humour '''''personas'''' for people who don't like 'everyman comedy'. He then mocks those vastly more successful than him and pretends that record breaks are shit and he's more deserving than them.

To make matters worse, he isn't even the best post-modernist. His good mate Chris Morris is. Except Chris Morris has the intellectual and financial stability to turn down the offers he gets to do things in. 'Stu' would suck a dick if he thought it'd make him money.

>haha he told a 45 min joke about coffee
>Yeah... This isn't funny
>OMG YOU DON'T GET IT. THE JOKE IS HOW COMEDIANS IN NORMIE STAND-UP WILL TELL LONG WINDED ANECDOTES THAT DON'T HAVE ANY PAYOFF OH WHAT A WITTY AND CLEVER MAN GEE NOBODY HAS THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE

Fuck this faggot. Whenever the defence of something is 'you just don't get it' or 'you're not smart enough to understand', you know it's real dogshit. But why am I surprised? Sup Forums defends capeshit.

UKIP???

Urge to vomit into the gaping anus of christ intensifies

BUNCHA RACISTS???

>Stewart Lee isn't funny.
Then why does he make me laugh more than any other comic in the UK?
Granted that's not difficult, but Lee does it so incredibly well he's hard to ignore. Carpet Remnant World is the greatest stand-up to come out of England in decades.

>claims to be a comedian
>isnt actually funny

How does he get away with it?

I like Stewart Lee. There's such an honest sense of dread to his work. I like that in a comedian.

Christ Morrissey's let himself go

he has a lot of misses but when he hits its funnier than anyone else

Lee is funny. Go on, shit on me.

>[awkward silence]
>Lee gives the audience a wry smile to let them know he is telling a joke
>[smug chuckles]
>Lee chastises the audience for laughing
>repeats the joke
>[levels of liberal smugness reach semi-euphoric levels]
>Lee repeats the joke again letting the audience the repeating the joke is actually the joke and not the joke itself
>[crowd is now fully euphoric, individual audience members have now ascended into self-congratulatory vapor]
>Lee delivers the final blow, a condescending look to camera
>[peak euphoria: audience members begin tearing their own faces everything within a 5 mile radius is destroyed by resulting wave of forced conceited laughter]

YOU JUST DON'T GET IT. HE'S REALLY FUNNY. YOU'RE JUST STUPID. LOL. HE'S REALLY FUNNY AND A GENIUS AND HE'S THE BEST AND ALL THE OTHERS ARE SHIT LOL.

>Except Chris Morris has the intellectual and financial stability to turn down the offers he gets to do things in
What are you even talking about? Are you saying Stewart Lee is a sellout? Based on what?

No. I'm saying Lee WOULD sell out if he was offered. But he won't. Morris is offered jobs and he turns them down because he has standards.

So he hasn't sold out yet, but you think he would if he had the chance? Again, based on what?

Friendly reminder that UKIP are essentially irrelevant now.

I like this guy, just find the way he talks really funny.

>implying there's an alternative
youtube.com/watch?v=69LSHlpilLA

They always were, they only ever got support as a protest vote.

Of course Sup Forums would hate Stewart Lee

Can any Brit explain why UKIP are always the butt of the joke?

Not even in disagreement over (most of) his politics, he's just a shit comic.

>now

And no-one can ever find a criticism of him that isn't "I HATE HIM WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING I DON'T GET IT"

>audiences like you, you as good as murdered Robin Williams

They are a complete shambles held up by Farage's charisma.

>No. I'm saying Lee WOULD sell out if he was offered.
He made a point to stop doing panel shows

this motherfucker is top cheeky but i wish he could shut up about politics every now and then

Joke party. For a laugh they elected a man who struggles with such complex tasks as 'walking normally', 'remembering more than three people's names' and 'talking without drooling' to as their leader.

watch another comedian then

The fact he shits on people who have success?

Yeah when he realised he would never be accepted as some savant.

please recommend one

YYYEEEEEWWWWWWWWKIP??

Stewart Lee likes being popular enough to sell out gigs but not being too popular with normies. How the fuck do you think his humour would work if he was playing to any other audience? That's why he doesn't do panel shows.

david kay

this but unironically

he has also talked about the financial benefit of doing many smaller gigs rather than a few big gigs at wembley or the O2 or something like that, partially because of his experience with Jerry Springer the Opera.

Great thread but how are genocidal Serbian warlords on-topic for Sup Forums?

They are anti-immigration and a bunch of dodgy retards: ideal targets for the lefties.

I rarely watch comedians now; they're lazy fucks. I wonder who will be their new target. Do they talk about "alt-right" now?

I quite like Lee. He's stripped down stand-up to its bare essentials. The jokes are gone and all that's left is somebody being a smart-ass making fun of the very idea of stand-up.

Stewart Lee is actually very funny. I don't agree with a lot of his politics, but his cadences, delivery, and verbal style are really off-kilter and entertaining, and I think he has a great sense of timing. I don't think he'd be funny at all if I just read what he was saying. But verbally--and, that, I think, is what makes an actual good stand-up comedian--he's clearly really talented.

He studied drama and you can tell. His delivery and timing is perfect, even when things aren't going according to plan.

Redditors need to be sure that their brightest and best stay in Reddit and make it economically prosperous instead of coming over here and shitposting

He is very good at managing an audience.
He often does this thing where he splits the room up and plays one side against the other (in his TV show he does it as asides to camera)

I think his writing is weak compared to this.

he even jokes about that sometimes in that if he didn't add in dumb jokes every now and then it would almost be like theatre...and no one wants that. I really do like him best when he clearly takes on a different persona or character. It also gives him a type of shield to hide behind when jokes don't land well or he gets heckled. I think he has a better understanding of how to play the audience a particular way as opposed to most comedians. Plus that kind of disconnect between the actual comedian and the persona on stage seems quite unique to the other mainstream comics on the panel shows. By not being as over exposed as them he is not boxed in by expectations, making the character more believable.