Thoughts on Manic Pixie Dream Girls?

I'm ignorant on why progressives hate them so much.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0thpEyEwi80
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's nothing wrong with blatant waifu bait. Emotionally distant but stunningly handsome men who have a woman bring out their sensitive side have been a female fantasy used in fiction for generations. People have fantasies, Oprah.

They're generally bland and follow a cookie cutter fantasy of basically being a pretty face with no real personality beyond being into what you're into.

Real characters and people have depth. I mean, honestly think about Ramona Flowers. Nerds went crazy for that waifu bait but she's beyond bland and it even shines through in the comics.

It plays into the idea that if you're not an asshole then that means you're a good guy, right? Nah, that's basically stockholm syndrome light. To be good you have to do good things and at that point the character is no longer "manic pixie dream girl" but cheerleader which is less of a problem when you think about it because at least the cheer leader is actually showing interest and enthusiasm for a proper accomplishment beyond being less of an asshole than "other guys" which somehow every other guy thinks the same thing. Except chad though, he's not a real human being.

Because men should break their backs to get the lonely girl out of her shell,not the other way around.

There's something so appealing about a MPDG or a shadow-spawn from beyond the stars gf. Maybe it's because I idealize women. It's rare that I find a women who I date to have super interesting personalities, I hate shallow socializing too. But, is it any different than Knight In Shining Armor fantasies?

Because they despise males, especially beta males and the MPDG is literally a beta male sexual utopia, a girl that loves them for what they are and not what they accomplished (which is usually nothing).

>pretty face
exactly. throw a few curves and obedience and you get the perfect woman

They're shit characters, it's Twilight tier pandering.

They're insufferable.

Sure they are, but so are the male equivalent, the brooding dangerous guy who's inexplicably in love with the heroine, but for some reason I don't see men flipping their shit over that archetype.

They hate the thought of anything that will make men, meek white men in particular, happy.

How dare you dream of a woman that will come along and fix all of your problems. That's literally worse than the Chief Keef song where he rapped.

>You ain't gone let me fuck and I feel you
>But you gone suck my dick or I'm gonna kill you

The same reason some men hate strong independent female characters in action movies. They see it as an invasion by the opposite sex in their escapism. If you pay attention the same way some men don't complain about male heroes kicking ass but complain about female heroes even though both are unrealistic some women will complain about the Pixie Manic Dream Girl even though the romantic comedy genre is full of male characters with that are like that.

notice how once MPDG became hated by the modern feminists Zooey's career died

Because they exist solely as the fantasy of low-test beta males. Nothing makes women angrier than that.

I don't see women flipping their shit about it too. One article in some feminist website doesn't mean anything.

Yet hating on strong independent women gets you labeled toxic but hating MPDG is heroic.

I really don't see the problem with either one. Women have the right to fantasize about being strong and men have the right to fantasize about being sexually desirable. Neither character archetype is immoral for entertainment.

Because the regressive left is full of hypocrites who hate men.

The mpdg is basically the female version of the sort of man you see in all romance movies--the guy who sweeps the girl off her feet by having a larger than life personality and breathes excitement and passion into the dreary life of the female lead, who in turn has to take the wilder/beastly/erratic components of the make leads character. The mpdg is just that for men, but when women are expected to do something for men is sexist. Granted, not all feminists hate mpdg, but the retarded ones undoubtedly do.

Do you honestly think she could have ever played an actual person? Even her music is unoriginal trash, the same twee meetcute song repeated on every track.

I've met one in real life. It took me too long to realize she was a qt and by then she had already started dating some fat guy I know

Because this is what they're like irl

Theyre whores

>I've met one in real life.

Fucking idiot.

>Because the regressive left is full of hypocrites who hate men.
Dude wtf don't blame this shit on the left. I'm a liberal and I have no problem with MPDG. Chill the fuck out.

Wow what an intelligent response...

You just admitted to meeting a unicorn in real life. You are a fucking idiot.

I'm a liberal too, but the regressive left is horrible

>tfw i'm that guy

I mean what's wrong with being peter pan? Lot's of girls get bored too and want a guy to bring them excitement. It's not feminine at all that i'm the flashy one and not the girl.

No one's talking about a unicorn except you. If you can't say anything remotely intelligent why speak at all?

Yeah, what nerdy boys need to realize is that if the girl seems flashy to you, it seems flashy to everyone, and everyone whill fantasize about her and fall in love with her as much as you.

Well meaning quirky girls instead of strong independent "quirky" girls

Nope, you just admitted to meeting a completely fictional archetype and that "she got away". This is fucking laughable.

That's fine dude. No judgement from me

I hate them because I fell for the meme and then found out they can be bitches too IRL.
Also hate that a lot of young women actually try to imitate them, "OMG I'm so quirky" type girls.

What's the last time you talked to a girl?

>and everyone whill fantasize about her and fall in love with her as much as you.

Except that not everyone thinks like you, and some of us can't stand flashy quirky hipster bitches.

All I'm saying is that I met someone in real life who met all or most of the defining characteristics of said "fictional" archetype. There's nothing strange about that actually. I guess you are just an idiot yourself.

In reality these girls are usually ugly and have mental issues...and they're still taken

It has just become a cliché and like all clichés people are gonna get tired of it eventually once there are too many characters that fit that archetype.

through facebook or face to face. Those answers are vastly different

Mildly depressive chubby nightmare girls are a dime a dozen. You're lucky.

Face to face of course

Because they think they're real women and they don't exist in real life. Also they're prettier than they are and it makes them feel bad.

No, you didn't. You met a girl. That it took you "too long to realize she was a qt" already lets me know you didn't meet a MPDG.

Today. Actual women. Not fictional archetypes. When was the last time you spoke to Spiderman?

Personalities aren't unpleasant enough

Is she one?

It reminds them of how shallow they are (like a mirror held in front of them) which they cannot stand

Nah that's a femme fatale.

>for some reason I don't see men flipping their shit over that archetype.

yeah it's not like men have contempt for Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey or anything

Watched this not too long ago; it's got some pretty solid conjecture on MPDG and the men who dream them (of whom I definitely was, and to an extent, still am)
youtube.com/watch?v=0thpEyEwi80

As someone who doesn't hate the trope, I would conjecture that people hate it for two reasons:
1.) it's a shallow, facile type of fantasy, where a barely-there characterization is used to prop up and pander to a particular kind of recurring consumer's insecurities; exacerbated by
2.) being so prevalent and endlessly recurring because the people to whom it panders tend to be the kind of people who have had disproportionate representation in Western film and television (and media in general) since their inception, i.e., the "sensitive" (read: not really that sensitive) types who go on to become writers for Hollywood.

Damn, someone with a lot of hate in their heart made this shit.

this

ramona flowers is plebian
kim pine or literally ANY OF THE OTHER GIRLS would be better gfs to have

scott deserves ramona though because hes an asshole

Thanks for this