THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

THIS CANT BE HAPPENING

That's it then, the DUCU is over.

>misses the point of its iconic character's deathless appeal
Yeah but that bat-fist, though

Good. I want cinematic universes to die. They're all glorified trailers for the next one which is a glorified trailer for the next one and so on

How did these idiots not know this was going to happen?

If Hugh Jackman at the height of Wolverines popularity couldnt do it fighting Mr Hyde, Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolfman

How the fuck was this crap supposed too?

Who the fuck thought turning the mummy into an action movie was a good idea anyways? If anything it should be a suspenseful slow burn horror movid

Dracula Untold was part of a cinematic universe?

It was their first attempt at starting it, but it ended up bombing.

>universal monsters cinematic universe

This is so retarded, I don't think ANYONE is interested in this shit, at least we are familiar with Godzilla and King Kong, and DC and Marvel superheroes, but who the fuck cares about hollywood monsters from the fucking 40s? all the modern movies involving them were flops and shit, the only one that was good was The Mummy (Brendan Fraser)

Then I'm fucking hyped becuase Dracula untold was one good movie.

Just fuck my universe up, senpai.

>Who the fuck thought turning the mummy into an action movie was a good idea anyways?

This was adventure horror. There's a difference

it's no longer canon, user

I would be interested if they did it right

And yet they didn't learn.

brendan always wins

dubs of truth

>DUCU
>Dark Universe Cinematic Universe

They just need to make one with a female lead

It was action adventure, you fucking nimrod.

The problem is simple: There is no way to top Fraser's Mummy. It's a perfect movie.

Oh wow, what a fucking surprise. I would bet money this will be one of the biggest flops of Tom Cruise's career. Why won't Universal stop raping their classic monster movies? Van Helsing flopped, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor made less money than Sommers' Mummy movies, the 2010 Wolf Man massively flopped and Dracula Untold underperformed. The Mummy Returns was the last time a Universal monster movie was a smash hit and that was over 15 years ago.

So apparently it's worse than being buried alive

Dracula Untold
>Vlad is a literal white knight with vamp powers
>movie is basically "Vampire-man"
>no clear main antagonist
>bat-fist
>literally no attempt at horror
>modern day ending just cause le cinematic universe

What were they thinking

>What were they thinking
>Comic book movies are a license to print money but all of the rights are taken so let's do the next best thing

>misses the point
I don't get this criticism

They turned Dracula into a boring good guy even though that's the exact opposite of his character. He's supposed to be a seductive monster, not a superhero.

Not the same user, but the first one clearly was adventure horror. Too many morbid deaths and suspense moments for it to be an action movie.

Does Universal envision an eventual Avengers-style movie here? Who would the villain be?

The one eyed one horned flying purple people eater

>30%

RAAAUGH! RAAAUGH!
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUU

That's why it's action/adventure. It is by no means scary.

Down to 26% now.

This is autistic, but the Brendan Mummy was absolutely adventure/horror. There's some genuinely spooky imagery there, especially for younguns.

>Scarab beetles
>disjointed jaw before that was cliche
>being locked in a tomb alone with the lights going out

dareksid, duh.

THE ELDER GODS

or just men

Is the Mummy returns worth re watching?

agree with this. I remember first time I saw it I was made to by my cousins and sister cause I was scared it would be a terrifying horror movie. It definitely starts out on the horror vibe and then when Imotep gets back his human form it becomes action-adventure.

Dracula

>yfw Dom Toretto and the FF crew cross over into the DU

Might as well at this point.

I really liked Dracula Untold except for the last 30 seconds t b h

Movie studios are like clueless virgins that spend their entire lives trying to recreate that one moment ten years ago when an attractive woman gave them a friendly kiss on the cheek. They have NO IDEA why it happened the first time so they end up only replicating the situation superficially and in such a way that their failure is guaranteed.
>What, a fantasy movie made lots of money?!? Clearly people love monster movies! Make ALL THE MONSTER MOVIES!

>N-no, see it's the NEXT movie that starts the shared universe! Heh, heh, honest!

The irony is that I guarantee that there are people saying what needs to be said and they're being ignored by 75 year old executives who got their job in the 70s from their uncle

Indiana Jones movies also had lots of terrible ways to die and having to travel in spooky tombs/caves

Nah, this is it. It's easy to sweep Dracula Untold under the rug seeing as it starred Luke Evans and not a huge star like Cruise.

I bet another medium/low budget Brendan Fraser movie would have done well. They weren't great by any means, but they were solid kitschy entertainment.

I thought they said it would Dr. Jekeyl/Mr. Hyde (played by Russell Crowe)

I guess I could see that. Wolf Man can fill the Hulk role on the hero's side.

>who the fuck cares about hollywood monsters from the fucking 40s?

Me, but I know I'm in the minority. This is a stupid idea.

Neo Armstrong Cyclone Jet Armstrong Cannon

it will do fine because it stars no-bomb tom

>YOU stay, we belong dead

Same here. I love the old Universal monster movies but they're doing a terrible job trying to appeal to modern audiences.

The regressives don't want anything hurting Wonder Woman's box office.

I liked Dracula to be honest. Vlad massacring the Muslims was glorious.

>i want tv shows to die, every episode is an advert for the next one
Think of these as cinematic series and you will find peace, my edgy friend.