/who/ - Doctor Who General

War Doctor edition.
Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of Big Finish's War Doctor series?

Last:

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08sks49
cytu
radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-06/doctor-who-writer-mark-gatiss-says-he-doesnt-give-a-monkeys-when-fans-complain-about-changes-to-the-series
doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-empress-of-mars-advance-review-85219.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

By the nulbdr, lediocre and disappointing.

why do so many people have their minds made up about the chibbers era already?

i remember everyone hating on matt smith before he'd so much as opened his mouth and he turned out to be the definitive nuwho doctor to a lot of people (probably still second to tennant but still incredibly popular) and was on the show when it really broke america

conversely everyone was hype for capaldo and his has indisputably been the worst era (whether or not that's his fault is irrelevant - it's the end product that matters. i don't tune in every week to watch one good actor desperately try to bring life into awful scripts)

everyone turned their noses up at matt lucas/ catherine tate/ billie piper based on their pre-who fame as well.

everyone thought moffat who would be as GOAT as his pre-showrunner eps...

face it, you can't make any worthwhile predictions based on chibbers writing a tiny handful of eps (but nothing for 5 years) and marshall starring in a shitty sitcom over ten years ago. just wait and see what we actually get

I couldn't finish the first season and the last.

But what I heard I enjoyed (Until Obsidian Lady which was just non-stop exposition about the dumbest shit)

Not the horse shit that everyone else thinks, but not particularly memorable aside from a couple scenes. I know Shearman still has writer's block, but it's a fucking shame they didn't bring in someone like Parkin to write a story.

The Doctor should always be played by someone who is male, white and British.

>nuldbr

I agree user but it's fun to speculate

But we've had three Scottish Doctors already.

WHOVIANS EPISODE 8 DOWNLOAD WHEN?

Just reposting the Moffat interview from last thread for those who did'nt catch it

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08sks49

Talks about the Christmas special regeneration twenty-seven minutes in

don't forget more recently people were hyping the monk trilogy up to be GOAT series-saver

the sad truth is, /who/ is retarded and falls for its own hyperbole

Fuck off amerifat.

tl;dr: it's gonna be a whopper

covfefe :p

Doctor Who? More like

I still think Pyramid was OK.

STREAMING THE SPACE PIRATES
cytu be/r/casualwhostream

DOC

Doctor Poo.

Dr. Who

Capaldi's era has indisputably been the best of any nuwho doctor if we just include series 8 and 9 which were masterpieces, far better than anything from tennant

TOR

Doctor Woo

POO!

"Strawberry blonde! I'm no longer chalky blonde!"

will you fuck the fuck off already? I've had it up to hear with your insults and I can't fucking stand it any longer, Doctor Who oesn't deserve to be treeated like this, WE don't deserve to be treated like this, just take your dirty, trolling callous ways and get out of here, I'm deadly serious, you've made me angry and I am good at hurting people when I am angry, so GET OUT before I seriously harm you!!!!! I won't warn you again GO AWAY!!!!!

thanks user. just reminding the others whose territory this is

Based Whovian Guardian.

Admittedly I was pretty apprehensive about Matt Smith. By the end of the eleventh hour though I was pretty sold and he's probably one of my faves now. As for Chibnall I'm not really sure what to expect. Haven't seen BroadChurch and his NuWho episodes were pretty much just ok and Dinos on a spaceship was pure _fun. As much as I don't care for change, this time I'm kind of looking forward to a clean slate. The rumours of him wanting a tennant clone for the doctor rubs me the wrong way, but /who/ nose, it could be great. or shit. Either way I doubt I'll drop the show. There will always be something to like or hate to post about. Very sad that Capaldi is leaving though. It sees like we've just gotten to know his doctor.

Dr. Poo

>Haven't seen BroadChurch
get on it man. if nothing else it's a great reminder that chibnall can do characterisation, which will be refreshing after moffat's recent output imo

I'll check it out sometime before series 11 surely. I've been curious since it came out, just been saving it for a rainy day in which I can marathon it. I want to wait until the next doctor is cast I think. In the off chance that he casts someone from broadchurch as the doctor, which an user speculated/brought up the possibility of.

OK three questions.

1. Is pic related the most wasted opportunity to have a great companion?

2. Do we know if episode 12 is Capaldi's last or will it be the Christmas special?

3. Serious answers - why should the doctor NOT be a white British male?

1. Yes
2. We know Capaldi is in Christmas special.
3. Because good actors exist outside that range too.

Nooooo, like all good /who/res you're supposed to complain about the major plot hole.

>Bill: " Doctor! Send me a photo of the number dial, then I can help you up/down the numbers"

>Doctor: "Bill! I can't! I adjusted the camera on the sonic shades so I could have limited vision, but I'm still blind dammit"

>Bill: "Oh shi--"

It was paced better than most of S10 and had an okay, not rushed conclusion.

TARDIS more like TURDIS

1. Shame.
2. Ta.
3. I know but why should that mean the Doctor shouldn't be a white British male when he always has been?

Docturd Poo

The Doctor should always be played by someone who is male, white and British...

He will be........

This only reminds me how fucking GOAT Perkins was in Mummy

Funny how there's never an actual reason attached to this claim

based Gatiss
radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-06/doctor-who-writer-mark-gatiss-says-he-doesnt-give-a-monkeys-when-fans-complain-about-changes-to-the-series

Don't question Terrance Dicks please.

The Doctor should always be played by someone who is male, white and British.

it really annoys me that they don't do the mid-season companion thing more often like they did with captain jack and adam in s1

in fact i think the only random character that has temporarily joined the tardis crew mid-series in the moffat era is fucking courtney woods. give me a break

What are all those dark spots around his neck? Is he OK?

those are the remnants of the negros he crushed and absorbed

Why do kids ruin every episode?

What this user said.

He's 82. Age spots: should've used sun block when he was young.

>listening to big finish
lol

Why do kids ruin everything?

What, you read the scripts instead?

1. yes
2. supposedly regenerates in ep.12 but is still in the christmas special, dunno how
3. dunno

Doctor Who? More like Doctor Poo.

Would it have been good, lads?

That's it. That is the gosh darn straw that broke the frankly patient camel's back. You choose to come in here, a place where we have poured hours of our lives into watching, analysing, and theorising about one of the, if not THE greatest science fiction fantasy drama world history has ever known. Were it not for the relatively small size of our island nation and its population, Doctor Who would be a world phenomenon that would astound the viewing masses with its intelligence and brilliance. I don't exaggerate when I say it's probable that, were the show to be aired in China it would bring the nation to its knees. And yet, in spite of all that, you choose to come in here, in the midst of our dialogue, and spout your HATEFUL, INCORRECT AND SLANDEROUS WORDS LIKE IT'S NO BIG DEAL! Well guess what mist: it IS a big deal. Bigger than you'll ever know. I can't begin to describe how furious I am at your comments; I was prepared to let them slide the first few times, but this has gone on far too long. You're going to know punishment like you've never known before. I know who you are buddy; my uncle is a high-ranking moderator on this site, and my dad has connections with the police. We're coming for you, and it ain't gonna be pretty. I'll set upon you with instruments you'll wish you'd never see again. Know what a sonic screwdriver is? You'll wish you didn't by the time I'm finished with you. You just sealed your own grave; the only thing you can do for yourself now is run. Run, and pray to whatever Gods are out there that I'll extend some mercy upon you. This is it kid. The worst ordeal of your life, and it begins now.

First Matt in Secret Diary of a Call Girl now this... just how many Doctor cocks did Billie freshen, I guess this confirms the guy from Lewis as No. 14.

Based Whelan

Leave my son alone. I'm telling the police

Whelan browses here kek

Doctor Mysterio

IT'S ME NARDIE

1. There was never an opportunity really, he wouln't have done a full series
2. Christmas
3. Because only a british white male can portray that Doctorrness

He looks like Gareth. Is this picture of him just after he was erased by Moff and going back in time to stop Doctor Who by acting in show?

I made that joke before I realised that it its photoshoped. Sorry, I'm retarded.

Can I? Where can I find them?

easily the single worst thing about this season

>McCoy appears on Sense8
>It gets cancelled
What did netflix mean by this?

I think you mean easily the best thing about this season

normie out

Fuck off. Nardie brings the party.

>he isn't a nardolechad

Just fuck off, Matt.

GOAT

THAT SORT OF BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY FEEL
doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-empress-of-mars-advance-review-85219.htm

at least we're only a week and a few days away from an episode 11 trailer

CONFIRMED FOR SHIT
"All in all, “Empress of Mars” is at best, a slice of old-school fun. Like with most Gatiss scripts though, it’s unlikely to top many fans’ lists, unless you’re a hardcore Ice Warrior fan"
IF DWTV ISN'T JERKING IT OFF, IT PROBABLY SUCKS.

Matt Lucas and Pearl Mackie both leave in The Doctor Falls.

Capaldi regenerates at the end of finale. Kris Marshall appears and collapses onto the TARDIS floor.

The Christmas special is set in the Doctor's mind palace and stars Capaldi - it centres around the traumas of regeneration - it's similar to Heaven Sent. David Bradley appears in a fleeting cameo as the first Doctor. At the end of the story, 12 has a conversation with 13 about acceptance of moving on. 12 fades away and we cut back to the TARDIS. 13 is there, but still has Capaldi's eyes which glow gold and fade into Marshall's - this is to mirror Capaldi's first appearance in The Day of the Doctor

Is it from GB? Fuck offerino but looks like true I must admit

Fuck, I'd love this.

what is a "bank holiday Monday feel"?

The only feel I get on bank holidays is pissed off because everywhere's busy

explains the lack of an announcement so far

Sounds really great too bad you made it up.

I hate this meme

Moffat said he worked with Chibnall to make the regeneration different. Think this is true

I'd honestly love for it to be kept hidden until the moment, but I don't think they could keep it secret for so long

>the Doctor's mind palace
I'm so glad I don't watch Christmas specials

You are the true kind of retard.

If Nardole gets turned into a Cyberman, he'd better go "IT'S ME, NARDY"

Kris Marshall doesn't just appear and collapse. He goes full STRAWBERRY BLONDE!!!

>"I was a good Doctor."
>"Goodbye, Doctor."

Conceivably, a Doctor who is Welsh, white and male could work

It's the eighties schedule all over again, basically...run.

Time Lords have this little trick. Sorta a way of treatin' death. Except...It means I'm gunna change.

This would be GOAT, but sounds unlikely.

if that guy were the doctor he'd only last under a minute because the companion would immediately shoot his ugly mug when he came into existence.