The Leftovers

It was kino.

HBO should burn for cancelling it.

I miss it already lads ;_;

I like how all the black people in this are clearly retarded

>8.1 on imdb
kinda prevents me from watching it

Any of you know how Kevin was able to come back to life twice?

episode 7 is a better finale; episode 8 was unnecessary.

>episode 7 is a better finale

finally someone who gets it

I know but I won't tell.

>episode 8 was unnecessary
Wrrong. Nora's story needed closure and so did their relationship.

Name one time he definitively died.

>poison
It's was herbal shit. Not even guaranteed to kill and everything affects everyone differently.

>shot
Yeah bullets can go through you. If they don't hit an artery/vein/organ, you don't just fall over and die.

oh ok so we're going the "it was all in his head" route? you do realize that's even fucking worse than him actually being able to come back from the dead right?

it was absolute shit, but i liked carrie cute.

He got poisoned and buried m8. What are you on about.

He had an undiagnosed heart condition.

bravo damon, bravo

Funny, this footballer died from one just a couple of days ago.

If you did a venn diagram of people who like this show and people who use the word "kino" it would just be a circle.

>John
Angry father who turns out alright, if maybe a bit fanatical
>Michael
Probably the most reasonable character on the show
>Holy Wayne
Led a cult and had unlimited bitches and $$$
>Isaac
Possibly had real psychic powers
>Erika
Level-headed and caller of bullshit
>Evie
Rebellious and that bit her in the ass, sure, but not stupid
>Lily
Literally a baby

Explain your post, user.

>Buried under like half a foot of loose sand in an earthquake-prone locale

You don't really think this would kill someone, do you?

If you did a venn diagram of the people who browse reddit and you, it would be the number of people you've fucked times the shape of your mom's vagina when I fucked her.

the final episode was shit and you know it. Do the writers think we are stupid?

did you feel nothing user?

all that time nora and kevin could have had together

>people are buttmad because muh explanations

Embarrassing way of outing yourself as a pleb, to be completely honest with you, familia

>all that time nora and kevin could have had together

they would have been if the writing wasn't stupid. She says that the guy who made the machine build one because she asked him too. Why the fuck didn't he build one before her? Surly being a scientist this would be in his nature. To inform the other side that travel was possible. That people can travel to between worlds, too see loved ones that they lost. But no he only build one because she asked him too.
It's hard to feel sorry for them when the writing is so stupid.

no shit

7 was the finale
8 was the epilogue/closure for Nora episode

Nora fags are needy fucks. Give them that hour.

Kevin was never told Chris Sunday's song was actually to bring the rain before he went to the other place.

>Possibly had real psychic powers
What makes you think Isaac had any powers? He was pulling the same con that John and Laurie were
If anything who showed any sign of having real powers was Johns dad/step dad (I can't remember if it was his dad or Erikas, but the guy who sent kevin to the hotel the first time)

Congratulations now you can take a side in the debate on whether she lied or not. But that's a pleb debate.

The reality is that it doesn't matter, she's ready to give up on her kids.

she's dead and that is her hallucination before the end

No one could have possibly know that Meg's mom ordered shitty salad. He was magic.

Kevin was magic too. His father possibly too but he may have been a conduct to Kevin and not really magic. Kevin is literally confirmed to be the messiah, the second coming and immortal. Yet he chose to destroy infinity to be with Norah. Anyone who says this wasn't' a love story is a retard.

Black daddy was knowledgeable of the occult but wasn't magic itself.

Could you even be more plebbit?

What was bad about it? Because I am seeing and agree with the acclaim it's getting everywhere.

I think it's a logical assumption. Ofc if you're religious you could also make a case that she is in Heaven/Valhalla/Purgatory...

It was crap. Worst show in history. Cancelled because of low ratings. Nobody watched it.

Ended in hilarious disappointment.

Kino has quickly become synonymous with crap. You know that once something is called "kino" it has already attracted the wrong kind of audience and it's almost certainly total garbage.

says the guy that has that image saved.

You have to go back

Saying something is kino now is like saying "don't watch this show."

It's clear the leftovers had a lot of potential, but people like you drove away the audience.

thank god :]

I watched the whole series from the start, it had its moments, I really wanted it to have an ending to justify all the bullshit.

But no, it wasn't kino, it was faux-profound bullshit that retards eat up because they can't tell the difference between an authentic good mystery and a writer just ass-pulling a bunch of random shit to seem mysterious.

I should have learned after Lost, we all should have.

>gets in the machine
>actually went to the other side
>didn't immediately die
droppppped

If you guys don't like this image just downvote it and move on you're just giving him more attention

Since kino pretty much means shit these days...

such presumption that i would ever post this...go drink bleach.

ITS CANCELED FOR A REASON YOUR SHOW SUCKS HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That doesn't make any sense, user. Venn diagrams are used to compare 2+ things. You can't do a Venn diagram "of" x and y only comparing x and y.

Again, proving my point. As soon as you attract the kind of people who say "kino" your show or movie is doomed.

You've clearly drawn an audience of imbeciles and low IQ morons whose brains have been damaged by meme speak.

Just to be clear, we all agree that Nora lied about going to the other place right? She definitely screamed and got out of the machine before it actually turned on.

>actually went to the other side
but she actually didn't

>when no one feels insulted because the insult was too complicated for them

it was kino. 9.5/10

L O S T finale was good also, and is 100% plebfilter

Yes.

no

they have a history of canceling all their highly regarded shows.

this

I think who gives a fuck. It was an ass-pull right up to and especially including the last two episodes being "see? it was about this low chemistry romance all along!"

lost finale was the only time i cried while watching smth

>buried for 14 hours after ingesting poison
>implying there's a poison that wouldnt make you violently ill
>implying you or anyone alive would be able to breathe under "loose sand" for 14 hours

>also shot in the chest later

>also drowned

i bet you also didn't believe nora

look at this shit.

>It was an ass-pull
You know they wrote the ending of this season first right?

Has any show made a turn around this big?

I bet you actually believed something was gonna happen on the anniversary too, right buddy?

>i watched the entire show!! it was bad!!!!
>the opinions of people on Sup Forums ruined the path of what could've been a good show!!!!

point where in my comment i said a meme. you are just mad your show sucks major dick and you should be punished for trying to persuade people to watch this piece of shit time waster

you had the correct reaction user. i cried too

also welled up when kevin sang homeward bound

>enjoy a show
>everyone who talks about it on Sup Forums is a cunt who says kino
>reconsider

>kino started as a way for people in Sup Forums to make fun of films i.e. "is this a flick? cinema? kino?"
>suddenly newfaggots from the_donaldd and rdt come in and try to make new image macros

Leftovers was good ya cunt

no

Literally the most annoying internet slang ever
Also consistently part of the lowest energy shittiest posts on this board

>b-b-but it was bad!!!

That really doesn't make it any less of an ass-pull.

Tell me, what was the significance of the hotel? Wayne? The smoking cult? The dogs? The departure itself?

None of it is connected in a meaningful way. They are all just a bunch of superficially intriguing set-pieces that amount to fucking nothing more than stringing on the viewer with the promise that it will all somehow make sense.

Instead, all the mysterious shit meant absolutely nothing in the end, and we're supposed to forgive it because awww, it was all about love and soul-mates in the end.

well, is anyone lower energy than cucks from the_donald/pol?

Now THIS is shitposting!

>literally does not deny coming from t_d/pol
ya ok

people doing different things to cope with the unexplained dont have to connect with a neat little bow

>tfw Old Nora will never smile at you with tears running down her face as you both acknowledge you're going to spend the rest of your lives together happy

>letting people on the internet influence your opinion

u 12 m8?

i choose to believe he was special

so i just watched the last episode.

i dont get it, are there like 2 parallel universes, and in the main one 2% of the population left and then in the other one where nora went 98% of the population left?

I think she did and I will now explain my reasoning. I think the scientists knew or at least had a theory about where they were sending people and that is why they asked her the moral dilemma about the baby and cancer, and why they initially refused to send her. Knowing (or believing) that they were sending people to a largely empty world with children running around they were wary of sending dangerous people.

So you're saying despite the premise, it was all just a bunch of slice-of-life nonsense?

Bravo Lindelof

If you believe Nora was lying about going to the other side you should legitimately kill yourself

Yes, if you believe Nora

So they were crazy all along. Dropped. Also Liv Tyler deserved some divine punishment.

She got DRONED and she got shot in the head in purgatory

Matt's final monologue was beautiful.

yes, but i'm surprised there are people who didn't think that by the first episode

it's all just layers on the tower user

you're saying it wasnt?

It was literally nothing but slice-of-life. Are you retarded?

apologize

That's my point, dipshit. We weren't sold slice-of-life, we were sold a show about the departure. Hence the fucking name of the show.

1 >= 2 >>> 3

So was it real?

The book it was based on had nothing to do with the departure or its intricacies. It's a character driven book. So is the show.

Mad Men>Sopranos>Breaking Bad>The Leftovers>The wire
easily

1>3>>>>>>

Well then it failed to offer up much compelling character driven television either, with the exception of two or three episodes.

Massive pleb.

2>1>3