This is objectively the best Batman movie to date

This is objectively the best Batman movie to date.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOI34R4iw0
youtube.com/watch?v=drfDHun7jc4
youtube.com/watch?v=MMuiQd__uUg
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
youtube.com/watch?v=qUH0D6dzx9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Disagree

>when Terry starts laughing and Joker gets butthurt as fuck

HOLY INCORRECT CHOICE OP!

not even the best animated Batman movie.

The entire thing is garbage except for the Robin indoxrination scene

The flashback scene is legit batkino.

I thought Under The Red Hood was great. It's the only one that has been about the no killing rule in a way that I find interesting and logical. Batman Beyond doesn't come close really.

Give me animated Batkino. I've watched The Dark Knight Returns and Year One. Where should I go from here?

see

A great scene in a mediocre movie.

> That's not funny. That's... not...

Batman 1966 returns

I lieked this one

Mask of the Phantasm is the best Batman movie

while Return of the Joker has the best scene

The flashback does not make up for the rest of ROJ being average

while MOTP is pure Kino

>batman willing to die to make sure joker doesnt escape
>joker's laugh at the end

This is only a fraction. This movie was godlike.

Forgot link...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEOI34R4iw0

I've been meaning to watch this one, does it feel pretty close to the 60's series?

Mask of the Phantasm is objectively the best Batman kino. Even including live action.

This movie kicked ass

youtube.com/watch?v=drfDHun7jc4
youtube.com/watch?v=MMuiQd__uUg

I wish all those Batman animated movies from the 90's and early 2000's would get a blu ray release already.

Batman the animated series is the best batman incarnation to date.

Paul Dini is the GOAT batman writer and it's a shame no one else can write like he does.

Mask of the Phantasm is the best Batman movie. I still remember seeing that in the theater as a kid and being blown away.

Under the Red Hood is really good for a direct to video animated movie.

I take it you haven't seen The Killing Joke. I envy you.

What's your thoughts on Dark Knight Returns?

I think it's a good watch there's a lot of nice references to the original series it reminds a lot of the Brave and The Bold Cartoon in style but also the 60's show

I read the comic you faggot

I feel like Killing joke got fucked by the studio...too much hype and they tried to change too much of Alan Moore's original vision.

Last I checked DC wasn't taking the greatest care of its characters or their histories...but that's for to decide I haven't followed any of that shit in years.

It was really good, I enjoyed the older Joker in that movie a lot.

>that whole fight to the death between Batman and Joker

The movie is pretty faithful to comic,Batman is bit too brash for me.They do a nice job overall also Batman is Robocop

I think only Phantasm has a native 16:9 format since it went to theaters
I have the blue-ray of BB:ROTJ and the black bars piss me off and I'd rather just watch dvd

Maybe not best but easily top five animated (not sure out of everything).

That movie shattered my expectations and proceeded to dance all over them for the remainder of the movie.

>I feel like Killing joke got fucked by the studio...too much hype and they tried to change too much of Alan Moore's original vision.
Preach. I think attempting to provide more background on Batgirl was a good idea to help build sympathy but they went about it all wrong.

Because they went out of the way to show Batgirl's decision to retire and then immediately transition to the main story it became FUCKING OBVIOUS that something terrible was going to happen to her (thus removing impact of when she is shot). If they were going to add the Batgirl scene, at least add a couple scenes or two devoted to the rest of his family to obscure what will happen later on by making all of them fair game.

Also they fucking changed Joker's emotion/tone in key scenes and there's no way it was a "mistake", the accompanying art conveyed everything it needed to the director's of this one fucked up. Also it would have required Hamill to go more somber and if anything I think his age would add to the scene.

I've been drinking so these may not be the most well formed thoughts.

Paul Dini had nothing to do with that. Bruce Timm and Brian Azzarello get the blame.

There is absolutely no way that DKR is even in the top 5.
an absolute faggot of a Joker and an absolute idiot morally bankrupt Batman destroys anything this movie/comic had going for it.

Girl Robin is cool though.

I hate that snyderfags actually think snyder properly emulated the comic in BVS

This

>hating fag joker
>not getting the whole purpose of the comic was to show Batman can't save the city on his own and his experience shows that his principles aren't concrete

May be half drunk or drunk but your killing joke opinions are on point.
There's this dramatic reading of it I downlaoded off Youtube that's better than the movie in every way, if only because the direction was so on point.

The comic didn't need to build sympathy because anyone buying the comics as they came out most likely knew who Barbara was and what her relationship to the rest of the family was.

So much hype for so much let down

I wish Mr. Freeze got used more in the animated series, I notice they never paired him up with any other villain in it.

Totally get your point, but I was just thinking about the average movie goer that may not have that prior knowledge.

I really like Snyder Bats but I would say he's only taken the look and physicality of Miller Bats, not the morality that separates Batman from the villains he goes up against.
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho

=D.

The Joker's sexual ambiguity has to do with him being a foil for Batman in every way.

Grant Morrison does a fantastic job writing him in "Serious House on a Serious Earth" and writing Batman as a righteous but ultimately flawed hero who is repressed by his sense of justice. All that shit where he's slapping bats on the ass and strutting around in heels and a dress is perfect for where that character would end up.

I don't hate Fag joker in principle, execution is definitely terrible though.
When I said Morally Bankrupt I was trying to say that when he forgoes his old principles, which in and of itself is okay to do, he never replaces them with anything. He just becomes somebody who breaks people arms and legs needlessly and doesn't even think twice about it. Face it without Alfred, Bruce turned into the monsters he originally fights against. That's fine for a story if done well, but it's never brought up once, and even shown as a good thing.

He was only ever evil to help his wife. I think he was smart enough to know that none of the other villains gave a shit.

>Killing Joke is bad!
>Yeah it followed the comic, but it wasn't in the voices I read it in!
>Yeah it needed more story to make the movie long enough to be worth making, but not THAT story!
>I can't believe they used Batgirl's story to build hype, literally ever single person knows every single thing about the characters in Killing Joke!
>Wha-what do you mean people have been waiting for that Babs story since Batman Beyond?

Mask of the Phantasm is better by far.

>Yeah it followed the comic, but it wasn't in the voices I read it in!
Literally nobody has made this criticism nor the one about it being too short, most of these animated movies are only 80-90 minutes long.

I'm pretty sure the main thing people deride it for is having absolutely terrible animation when the comic is known for its vibrant colors and excellent pencil work.
Just look at this boring, uninspired garbage.

Have you read the thread?

>They fucking changed the Joker's emotion/tone

This is the kind of animated movie that makes you wonder just what the fuck the creators of other animated movies are doing with their time to peddle out such comparative shit.

There's nothing wrong with a little leeway in an "adaptation" but the original writing was awful (see Nostalgia Critic) and when they get to the actual killing joke it's pretty much word for word and they take almost no liberties. What bugged me most about The Killing Joke, is it wasn't consistent.
They did, and with the rest of the movie, it felt inconsistent and felt like there were *Gasp* two writers that never talked to each other writing the same story!

>(see Nostalgia Critic)
nice try douge

Being a fan of both animated series at the time, this shit was awesome. Way better then BvS.

World's Finest was fucking great, I agree it's what BvS should have been.
I can't imagine how much weirder that would have been with Leto's Joker working with Jesse Eisenberg in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qUH0D6dzx9U

This is a fucking cartoon.

OP is a faggot.

that's because it is the only true and objectively undeniable cape kino there is

if only WB had the balls to commit to this instead of pussing out and relying on straight to home video sales

So the RotJ flashback where Robin was kidnapped happens when in Justice League Unlimited continuity?

Here's your (you). Have a nice day.

Graphic Novel.

>I didn't count on being happy.

TRuth

It had a lot of lewd scenes like the Mercy/Harley fight and pic related

Not really imo. When BB was at it's best it was in the series. Best Batman movie is Batman '66.