Anyone else noticed that superhero comics are juvenile and shit?

I don't understand how these shitty wank fantasies are so popular here, why not give a comic that aspires to be more than a soap opera with punching a try?

That is literally the worst argument for reading non-capes I've ever heard.

Personally, I always found it very hard to take something seriously when the main character is running around in colored undies.

it is the truth, big 2 comics never aspire to be more than shallow entertainment apart from a handful of very rare exceptions

Comic heroes are the true American gods. Its theyre panteon.
Its a cultural thing.

>i only read mature comics for mature individuals such as myself

I don't read comic at all.

is there something wrong with preferring comics that arent literally written for preteens?

Post more anime girls

indie shit is even faggier

Of course there is.

what an intelligent thing to say! you realize that this is an 18+ board?

No, but you don't have to be a douche about it.

im not saying anything about you as a person i just think theyre juveline shit wank fantasies

There's nothing wrong with having personal preferences. There is something wrong with acting like an elitist about it though.

Also Death Ray is Clowes worst work.

can do.

And then those morons whine up and down why nobody wants to read their shit.
Can mods please perma-ban all those arrogant pieces of shit? They're as bad as Sup Forumstards.

>Sabagebu
Good taste.

Why do 99% of none big three comic artist (or "cartoonist" as they like to refer to themselves) have to act like such pretentious elitist assholes most of the time?

its not personal preference, it's objective truth that comics made by passionate artists in their own time are better on average than comics cranked out monthly for a big company with tie-ins and initiatives. and Death Ray is way better than Velvet Glove or Lloyd Llewellyn as well as more appropriate for the thread subject.

I like punching in my soap operas.

most of them could not give less of a fuck about big 2 if they tried user, the best cartoonists are read by more people than any current big 2 writer.

>opinions =/= facts
no.

>comics made by passionate artists in their own time are better on average than comics cranked out monthly for a big company with tie-ins and initiatives
Are you saying that no artists or writers at the Big 2 have any passion for what they do? Are you that delusional?

>Humanity Has Declined
good taste yourself.

they aren't passionate enough to do it out of their own pocket (which is how most good artists started out), they are working for a paycheck writing average stories and drawing average pictures

go to bed vollsticks

I'm just saying you can get people interested in a comic like this without acting like a snob.

Goddamnit, just sage and report.
It's obvious he doesn't want to get anyone interested in anything. He wants to flaunt his imagined sense of superiority.

if I didnt want to get anyone interested in anything I wouldn't storytime, it says a lot about you if you report anyone who says an opinion you dont like about your precious baby comics

>it's objective truth

stop saying this phrase when you want others to think you're right

it doesn't work

get out of here Synder

in what way are big 2 cape comics better than the works of great independent artists?

there's a lot of comics out there

something tells me you were exposed to some shitty ones and therefore automatically gained this notion that anything made by someone other than people like Tatsuya Ishida/the big 2 is automatically bad
I'm sorry if this is the case

you gots to understand there's always gems through the sea of bland drivel
and if you think everything made by independent artists is gold, I don't know what to say.

You're storytiming just for yourself, you unbelievable imbecile, if you believe otherwise and not trolling you're just delusional.

The only thing me reporting you says about me, is that I want to improve this board.

When capeshit aspires to be anything more it just becomes an even bigger mouthpiece for SJW rhetoric.

>If I storytime then I'm automatically right

Go away.

They're right. Big 2 comics function primarily as consumer objects; indie comics function primarily as art objects. In terms of artistic merit, indie is leagues ahead.

My only disagreement with OP is that they implied to soap genre is inherently bad - JJBA (after maybe part 3 at least), while not American, skillfully uses the format to its full potential. But Araki is obviously more passionate about making than receiving a check...

meant for
obviously.

Not having quick reply is annoying. Thanks, Hiro! You could've banned Sup Forumstards and snobbish idiots like OP, but instead you went after my country. Fuck you too.

>if I didnt want to get anyone interested in anything I wouldn't storytime
If this was the case then you would have started the thread normally. You could have said "I'm gonne story time The Death Ray by Daniel Clowes and some other non-Big 2 comics" or "This board could stand a little diversity so i'm gonna story time some indie comics for you guys today". But no, you started it with your opinion on capes because you wanted to stir the pot and get people worked up, not because you wanted to get anyone interested in anything.

Basically, you're a snobby attention whore.

I'd just like to point out that no one has posted any kind of comment to literally no one has made any comment about the comic you are storytiming, because after that opening post (and the following ones) the impression is that you are just an elitist asshole that needs to show his superior taste
Wait a day, make a new thread writing "I'll storytime one of the best indipendent comics out there" and you will gain the interest of people instead of their scorn

They really aren't

Again, I'm sorry that Civil War 2 hurt you this badly, it hurt me too but I ignore it and sieve through for the small gems here and there

but Comics have always been "SJW", the thing is that instead of concentrating on a decent story with a good message it's a shitty message

I thought I had your cancerous presence filtered long ago? How did you sneak out again?

You're attitude and snobbishness makes me not interested in this shit

Also Death Ray is my favorite Clowes (well, tied with Ice Haven and PUSSEY!) so great choice OP.

Yeah I kind of got turned off from the way this asshole is responding to people so, I'm gonna guess this comic is shit and indicative of their taste.

>admitting you're biased

bruh

i think there are some very rare good big 2 superhero comics (less than even 1 per year), whereas there are amazing non-superhero comics coming out every couple of months. And I know there's plenty of shit indie comics, but basically all of the great comic book makers right now are indie and they put out amazing comics every year that surpass anything you will find at marvel or dc

im giving you the resources to educate yourself (these comics are also more interesting and funny than 99.9% of shit 2 comics), but youre the kind of baby who reports anything he doesnt like and screams whenever hes confronted with his own inadequacies. you dont even like comics, so how can you improve this board?

>if i completely change what he said in my greentext then i'm automatically right
please learn how to debate

He wouldn't have gotten replies no matter how he started the thread. Don't even pretend otherwise. Of course Sup Forumsmblr always needs to make up excuses to appear ever magnanimous.

That's what annoys me the most.
These assholes do their best to alienate people from expanding their horizons, then whine than no one is expanding their horizons.

They're directly contributing to the problems with this shit board.

good taste man, ice haven is my all time favourite personally but I still have a lot of love for death ray. Pussey is definitely the best out of all the smaller Eightball strips.

We've had Deathray threads before filled with comments

>replies
Because that's always an indication of people reading the comic instead of shitflinging.
You fucking retard.

I said capeshit not comics. Capeshit is not only inherently leftist but has insidiously contributed if not outright spearheaded efforts to marginalize anything and everything else.

please learn to not come across as an asshole

I haven't read any current capes since nu52 Animal Man (this was also around the time I picked up my first Clowes book) - once you go indie, you never go back.

Also I love the Golden/Silver Age stuff. Some ol Ditko Doctor Strange or John Byrne X-Men does my heart good... but now it's just an ocean of shit. Nobody takes risks because they're dealing in cultural icons with cemented ideaologies abd narratives - when I saw BvS the Superman = Jesus parallels were laughable. I literally laughed constantly during that film and so many people were pissed by how could I possibly take it seriously? Give me some Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen, please....

>HAHAH You're taste in comics are for babies! not like MY SUPERIOR MATURE TASTE xD go back to middleschool kid xD xD xD xD xD xD