Introduce the main villian

>introduce the main villian
>10 minutes later he is dead

Yeah, this movie has some serious paicing problems

thats like saying Gozer was only introduced in the last 20 minutes of Ghostbusters.

really reaching for something ain't yeah, marvel Paki?

This is what Marvelcucks actually believe

Mousketeers on full shill force this month.

Big budget action movies are basically Power Rangers at this point. Both the main heroes and villains are insanely overpowered, so they have a dumb reason to keep them apart until the end, then they fight and it's over.

Reaching for that mouse cock

>time for a dance off

>ares
>dead

>not realizing the real villain of the movie was mankind and all of its hatred

ares is literally given an origin story in the first 5 minutes

The ending had three problems:
>why did Ares have that shitty scrap metal armor instead of badass greek shit with real weapons (he had this stuff in the comics even)
>why did her sword break? it seems like they were trying to avoid having to coordinate sword fight scenes, which is a shame because the cgi flinging magic shit at each other looked terrible
>her father Zeus couldn't fucking kill Ares but somehow she could? Why not just seal him away again or whatever, and leave it open for a WWII sequel or something.

>Gal will NEVER look at me like that
;_; it hurts so much bros

She might be as flat a board but damn she has a nice smile

That face just exudes happiness

>>her father Zeus couldn't fucking kill Ares but somehow she could?

I guess Zeus weakened Ares and making a new person with his powers would refresh them somehow and Diana would be OP.

Also at the end when Ares says "the child he had WITH" Diana's mom, does that mean that they banged and the clay story was a lie like in New 52?

She says "goodbye brother", and Zeus loves to bang everything he sees so they're probably going with the new story.

>186KB

couldn't you make the web any worse?
thanks yify!

She's just that good. ^.^

>Dat post pregnancy fat on her arms

HHNNGGGGG

Technically he was introduced in the second act.

>Dead
>WW2 still around the corner
nope

Something I wasn't clear on, I seem to remember other versions of this story Ares actually drew power from war, it actually made him more powerful the more violent and hateful mankind became. I'm not really big into comic lore though so I dunno if I'm mis-remembering that. Could explain why he was able to overpower the other gods and fight Zeus to a stalemate though.

Making her a demigod is a convenient way to explain her powers I guess.

>>her father Zeus couldn't fucking kill Ares but somehow she could? Why not just seal him away again or whatever, and leave it open for a WWII sequel or something

Zeus made her with the ability to be able to beat Ares. That was the whole point of the godkiller sword misdirect. The sword was not the weapon, Diana was the weapon.

That was a pretty obvious twist though. They go out of the way to say that she was a gift from Zeus and then tell us about how "Zeus left us a weapon to defeat Ares" and we already know she has superpowers while most Amazons obviously didn't. Not hard to add up even if you know dick about comics.

This "antagonist" meme needs to end. You can have a conflict in a film that doesn't involve a physical threat. The villain in these films doesn't have to be some sort of foil of the protagonist, it can be something like the setting itself going against the hero's line of thought (ie. Civil War, Wonder Woman)

>sword breaks in 1917 in WW
>she uses the exact same sword on 2016 to fight doomsday
BRAVO SNYDER

Or even if you don't know dick about the comics. 'The power was in you the entire time' is one of the oldest storytelling conventions in the book.

What annoyed me the most was the portrayal of WWI Germans as basically Nazis, even though their goals were in actuality no better or worse than anyone else's.

Civil War was dogshit though

I had heard their portrayal was like that but it didn't seem that unfair to me. Germany was one of the major aggressors in the war so it makes sense that an American working for the Brits would see them as "the bad guys" as he puts it. And Diana whose only knowledge of the war is filtered through Trevor's perspective would come to see them that way too. I thought the ending scene where the German soldiers took off their helmets and masks and grieved over their dead, and Trever's group came together with them, was a good way to humanize them after 2 hours of treating them like stock bad guys.

>humanize them
That shit was just awful.

I don't get the complaints then. First it's bad because the Germans are made to be orcs essentially, then it's bad when they're made into ordinary people?

That kind of conflict doesn't make for a very satisfying opening movie for a character though. There was a point in the film where they could have gone down that road after she killed Ludendorf, but they chose to rein it back in and give her a villain to clobber.

Are you retarded?

Frankly, the Amazons were worse, being antagonistic and then opening fire on the Germans in the beginning with no provocation.

if they didn't want to be portrayed as the bad guys for all eternity they shouldn't have invented those spiky hats

So why did Diana decide to abandon humanity for 100 or so years after she had just told Ares she chooses love and believes in humans.

They're a warrior culture and their island refuge was being invaded.

Isabel Maru did nothing wrong.

>the portrayal of WWI Germans as basically Nazis
Only Ludendorf was, and if you take in consideration which historical figure he was based on, it makes sense.
Didn't you see that scene where the German commanders were trying to negotiate peace and Ludendorf killed them?
And, in the other hand, they showed the British commanders as total douchebags.
I think that, considering it's just a superhero blockbuster, it was pretty fair and subtle in the treatment of its characters (for instance, that scene with the Chief explaining Diana that Steve's people took his land from him, that avoided turning into some preachy monologue).

>with no provocation.
They were armed and invading their island.

Except you're completely wrong you blind autist.

Some ships full of men who were lost washed up on their shores, and instead of active like proper Greek hosts and showing Xenia (hospitality) as was required by *all* Greek gods, they instead decide to rain fire arrows down on these poor bewildered men and start a big battle in the beach. Fuck those Amazons.

Yeah I thought it tread around some delicate issues very well. Ludendorf and the creepy chemist lady were the only really "evil" Germans I can remember seeing and I thought Ludendorf was Ares for most of the movie so that explained why he was such a cunt. That reveal was actually a real surprise to me, though I thought something was up after how anticlimactic his death scene was. The rest were just sort of faceless soldiers until the very end.

>She will never crush your head like a walnut in between her thighs

>that pic

Ludenhorf would have been detained the second he murdered another German officer in front of a bunch of other people.

It is forbidden by law for any man to set foot on Themiscyra. Just by being there, they were sentenced to death. Protecting the secrecy of their island is of paramount importance to the Amazons. The only reason they didn't execute Steve Trevor as well is because of Diana's interference, and the fact that they wanted to question him.

Also they were obviously an armed party, they were invaders by the reckoning of the Amazons.

I hated Ares so much it ruined the movie for me. He isnt a super badass in the comics but he is cool looking and pretty menacing.
>I dont want to destroy humans, I want to convince them to destroy themselves, dont you see im the good guy?
fucking awful motivation. If he's not going to be a good character he should be cool, instead he is well kept middle aged british man. When he started shouting "I WILL DESTROY YOU" I literally fucking chuckled. Jesus christ what a let down.

Didnt she though? The film was unclear whether or not she was evil or being manipulated by Ares. If evil she was an awful character, if manipulated her confrontation with Wonder Woman (where they just stare at each other then she dies) was totally meaningless. In my head I was thinking the movie was going for the manipulation aspect and we would get a classic Wonder Woman forgiveness hug but she just explodes and thats it for her character.

Just came back from the movie. So this movie has a very high rating on rotten tomato yet its shit. Does this prove the agenda pushing is real?

I prefer some of the other Amazonians more tbqh

Did she bomb him with white phosphorus?

Thats another problem I have with it. Those two are the only real evil germans, we aren't given a reason to hate the german soldiers Wonder Woman slaughters aside from real world history that I, and many others dont know. Maybe one scene where the soldiers looked up to Dr Poison would of done the job but they come off as just as evil as any other side of the war.

>in front of a bunch of other people.
Who?

You should go with the Users Score instead.

Wait, that's also higher than your favorite Marvel movie?

Well then, I don't know what to tell you.

>yay we killed ares now we will have peace forever!
>ww2 happens

but I hate marvel

wow I didn't know Chloe Moretz was in Wonder Woman

>wow I cant wait to see why Wonder Woman stopped doing anything for a hundred years till BvS
>speech about love and being heroic
>defeats ares
>stops doing anything after this
>doesnt return to themyscira
Its not a bad movie it just had a lot of little things that annoyed me.

>we aren't given a reason to hate the german soldiers Wonder Woman slaughters
You missed the story about what was going on in that town she liberated?
I'm not saying it was a totally balanced movie, but in several moments they sort of broke that image of the Germans as proto-nazis that should be killed anyway, mostly at the end. It surprised they even made an effort to somewhat humanize them and also throw some shit towards the British and Americans considering the kind of movie it is.

No you're right, it just seems like that kind of thing was happening on all sides of the war so we needed to extra hate the germans.

That's because they're obviously slowly steering away from Snyder's clusterfuck.

It's almost as if you completely missed the whole point of the movie.

>wow I cant wait to see why Wonder Woman stopped doing anything for a hundred years till BvS
?
What was that final scene all about then?

That's obviously set after BvS you fucking idiot. How else would she know Bruce Wayne?

You tell me, because it came off as an origin setup for her to continue being Wonder Woman after said scene. Unless you mean the future scene which was...obviously in the future.

Ares was such a shoehorned villain, honestly the movie would have been better without him in it

Well, they needed a reason for that action scene, but she was never about killing Germans but killing Ares and stopping the war. It was actually a moment where she left aside her mission because she really felt the need to help those people, even though until then she was complaining about every little detour they took.
At the end, I think most of the audience feels that the villains weren't the Germans but Ares, Ludendorf and Maru, and that was a good thing.

The point was that it was pointless. Ares did nothing.

I can't wait for them to retcon this shit from BvS so they can make a WW sequel

Not pointless. Ares did influence them and pushed them towards war, but it wasn't all him. She realizes mankind is capable of both the best and worst action under the right or wrong influences. That's why the whole "she gave up on mankind" thing makes no sense, and why I think they're gonna slowly slip that one under the rug.
With Whedon in charge of JL now, I think they're just trying to get rid of Snyder and his plans once and for all.

You really couldn't wait for a movie about a hero giving up? You really thought this was gonna be it?
That was just Snyder thinking he was being so mature and cool by basically destroying all the characters he's touching upon, without having anything interesting to say and without taking in account these are big budget movies that actually need some sort of general appeal and make money.
He's one of those guys who read Watchmen and thought Rorschach was cool and edgy, and wanted to be like him when he grew up.

Bad guy was war itself, without Ared the pointlessness of WW1 becomes clear and people stop fighting. Pay attention next time, this isn't a marlel flick

I am hipster man who liked Wonder Woman before it was cool, so yes I thought deconstructing her in this film by the end was going to be interesting. It woulda been fine if they ignored the bvs ties but they still included the future scenes

>thinking there won't be a sequel after /ourgal/ BTFOing Winter Soldier and GotG1 with less budget and marketing

>overpowered meme
God all these new capeshit tards just dredge up long dead opinions.

You know those shitposts where people go
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
with a webm or picture?
That's how I felt several times during this movie, I had to stop myself from laughing
>when they make a shield for her to fucking boost and take out a sniper
>bad guy just appears in an opposing building
>lupin grows armor and swords from fire
>the ending shot where wonder woman is leaping towards the camera

Yeah, because they still want the Extended Universe money.
And I always liked WW so the last thing I wanted for her first movie was to be some edgy shit born out of Zack Snyder's stupidity.

Good cam when? 123's is shit.

this scene

I fucking hate Johns for shoving this shitty scene in every single piece of media he can. He's like Jon Peters and his fucking spider at this point.

I assume a sequel will be in a contemporary setting, something makes me doubt they will elaborate on why she gave up and do another historical movie. They are a bit limited since they established she made a life for herself and became wealthy.

Top cute, cereal king does it again. 7/10 movie by the way, just like the critics are saying. On par with Logan and better than Guardians 2

I wonder if Zack "the hack" sat down with Patty Jenkins and tried to sway her decisions
>Wonder Woman, brought to you by Zack Snyder

>7/10
yikes, dangerously low standards there my friend. In terms of just, movie making, having fleshed out characters, a plot that ties everything neatly together, and a satisfying third act, on top of the director having his own actual style, I dont see how someone could say WW is better than GotG2 which I loved. But im a comic nerd so that is my bias.

>I wonder if Zack "the hack" sat down with Patty Jenkins and tried to sway her decisions
Well, the visuals in the climax reeked of Zack Snyder (specially that Christian imagery out of fucking nowhere), so I guess he did have some input after all.

Gal gadot couldn't act to save her goddamn life, christ

>save MARTHA!!!

Because it had a clearer plot, the quips were contained and not movie ruining, no baby grewt character, when a character sacrifices himself it's within the arc of the character and not some asspull ruined by a reference quip and the plan of the villain made sense. Visually and acting wise GotG2 was better but overall this movie is just a better movie

If you come from the state of mind that comedy is a bad thing and you're supposed to hate things because you're being told to like them, I would understand. But James Gunn is one of my favorite writers/directors and Guardians of the Galaxy is a very good comic book. I personally loved the plot and how it all ties together at the end whereas I hated the third act of Wonder Woman and Patty Jenkins doesn't have much of her own style yet. Ares's plan really doesn't make sense whereas I get a god with the perspective of the entire universe not valuing human life. Ironically both villains are gods so they both had the challenge of giving them motivation and one did a much better job than the other. Hint, not the one that shows up as am average looking British man in the last twenty minutes. Also it has beautiful visuals and Wonder Woman didn't to say the least.

movie is retarded and wants it both ways
>man did all this themselves!
>I only give them ideas!
but as soon as ares dies you have german and allied soldiers literally stop killing and start hugging each other which suggests it actually was ares influencing humanity..... oh but nope WW2 and every bad thing after that still happens whoops teeheee

shit flick.

>I can't into nuance

you can't have it both ways ya fucking retard

So a god of war planning to prevent the Armistice and perpetuate a World War by playing both sides is a worse motivation than some guy who wanted to be alone in the universe for some reason? Lmao

>catches herself openly biting her lip
Even a billionaire can't keep a woman, what chance do we have?

Yes you can, ya fucking retard. He was just giving them a little push to show they were capable of the worst shit on their own, but right there at the end he fucking lost it and went into full God mode.
So yeah, he was influencing them but they listened to him because they had it in them to begin with. But they also had good in them, that's why under the influence of Diana, Steve's shitty friends become noble.

The funniest moment was when Dr Poison and the Ludendorff kill the other generals and then just laugh like maniacs, it was so comical

>>not realizing the real villain of the movie was white mens and all of its hatred
fix

?
She literally doesn't explode. Wonder Woman spares her after realizing she is just another flawed human being whose actions are borne out of pain and alienation.

>I am not your enemy Wonder Woman, humans did this to themselves. I merely told them all to do it lol
vs
>we are beyond human comprehension and can make the universe an objectively better place free of conflict
I mean, since we're shitposting now. Ares is awful, Doctor Poison is awful, neither have an actual relationship with Wonder Woman. Poison only meets her once and they literally just stare at each other.
>I have to sacrafice myself on this plane, there is no other way!
Been there, done that. There is always another way in this scenerio and its played for dramatic effect. Fine, but how is that better than Yondu's entire funeral scene that did not have a single joke in it? And care to explain how humor is inherently bad instead of acting like its so awful it should go without saying because Sup Forums said so? Side note, both movies have generic OSTs but I found Guardians less generic and more fitting.

>men are capable of war
>god of war sees his chance and intervenes to foster these instincts to create an everlasting war when both sides already wanted peace
>gets killed, his influence disappears and peace has a chance
>men are still capable of war but now they are capable of peace too
How stupid do you need to be to not understand Wonder fucking Woman?

Im sorry, my memory of the events is wonder woman was holding a tank, they stare at each other, theres an explosion and we dont see her again. So I assume she exploded. I didnt interpret that because to my knowledge Diana didnt even know she was Dr Poison because she hadnt seen her before.

That understanding doesnt make him a better character or his appearence any less shit. Thanks captain obvious.