ITT: Films from your childhood that were depressing

ITT: Films from your childhood that were depressing.

>Plague Dogs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WbW8GgAWKi8
youtube.com/watch?v=gxlj4Tk83xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9UIc6o5Z8SU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvhPhFxpaII
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>doesn't even die

Now this is depressing.
youtube.com/watch?v=WbW8GgAWKi8

;_;

Fuck, forgot about this one

I DON'T FEEL..NO PAIN NO MORE

Iron Giant's ending

I love/hate Don Bluth as a kid

I always found this movie comfy, but the dning fucked with my head as a kid
>jesse and his family lives forever
>never quite fits in or grows up, sees generations change and move on
>falls in love with winnie, but after all the events of the book the family must leave
>never sees her again, she lives her life and dies, he never sees her again
>he cant even kill himself to be with her
Its still one of my favorite childhood movies
Edward scissor hands and bridge to terebithia as did this as well

>that weird in the closet school teacher that played this at the end of the year when we ran out of work
>everyone else goofed off or had paperball fights
>I was the only one fully engrossed in it, witnessing kino for the first time
Thanks Mr. Carter you wonderful fag

this
all the scene/hot topic girls loved edward scissor hands in middle school but the ending always bummed me out. Hes basically a retarded Frankenstein that lives in a crummy abandoned mansion 2 blocks from where he killed a kid and never got arrested and never got to see prime winona again

The Plague Dogs is still the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

And made worse by John Hurt's death

;_;

do tv shows count?
>youtube.com/watch?v=gxlj4Tk83xQ

I just literally sobbed

thanks Sup Forums

never coming here again

>ill just give it to him when he comes back

yeah, yeah this counts. goddamit

I watched some odd stuff as a kid

>ive decided not to stay
for a brief moment I thought that meant he was going to quit and just be a drifter for the rest of his days

>always gets posted in these threads
>still gets me everytime

this gets me thinking, have their been any recent childhood movies released in the past few years that show these important life lessons of love and loss? The same movies from decades ago pop up like the fox and the hound, or the land before time but is there anything new for the next generations to watch? This shit can be gut wrenching even now but thats character building for a kid, or have soccer moms and liberals taken that away too?

Isn't there a director's cut that has some additional/uncut content? I heard rumors that some scenes were cut out of the original release.

Yes, there were a few random scenes (especially in the lab and with the fox I believe), but the most famous one is a scene showing the dead body of the hunter who tried to kill the dogs and fell off the mountain only to have them eat him.

Not a movie but this is easily the best series I have ever watched as a kid

A lot of newer movies have touched on death and loss, UP is a good example (Pixar movies in general will often feature loss, death and/or change). I also think that Laika movies are often surprisingly mature in their moral lessons.

You win, oh fuck, that hurt.

Pretty much this. Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I remember Avatar having a Mako memorial episode

Oh, and Rebels had an episode where the main character discovers that his parents are dead, and has to deal with the loss.

what's depressing about it?

The scene with the old woman letting Todd go is one of the few things that can make me cry on command.

Death

Tuck Everlasting is really underrated, I enjoyed it as a fan of the book and Ben Kingsley killed it as the Man in the Yellow Hat.

Maybe not as depressing as other stuff mentioned here but I always thought The Last Unicorn ended on an incredibly melancholy note.

And for some reason the opening song makes me tear up

I really respect them for putting all the effort into figuring out the best way to deliver someone's death to children.

Inside Out actually got me pretty hard when I saw it in theaters

I'm sure there is this to some extent but I also think it correlates to the age of the typical user here.

I'm alive!

iktf, man

>Rankin Bass will never make another animated kino like that or The Hobbit again

>goodbye may seem forever, farewell is like the end
I can still remember it and it made me tear up.

Just rewatched the scene and cried like a bitch, it reminds me way too much of when I had to put my dog down the other year and his brother dying of cancer a few years before.

youtube.com/watch?v=9UIc6o5Z8SU

The thing that gets me the most is the harmonica that plays at the end. I need to rewatch the movie again.

>this movie has a 69% on rotten tomatoes

Critics have a hard-on against late 70's-mid 80's Disney films for some reason, it's honestly one of their best films and probably the most emotionally striking.
I really think it would be one of Walt Disney's favorites if he were alive to see it too.

I'm reading the criticisms against it and it just makes me angrier. It must just have been trendy at the time to shit on these films, the same way it's trendy now to praise feminist stuff.
>muh predictability

It was one of their more mature and, in some ways, realistic movies too. It didn't have a typical happy ending and I liked it for that.

Anyone else get nightmares from this motherfucker?
Didn't help growing up partly in the woods and being afraid he would try to eat me.

For some reason this scene still cracks me up:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pvhPhFxpaII

I could never finish Dumbo. That one was way too depressing for me to handle as a kid.

This is one of the first things that blew my mind as a child. S1 at least.

The Fox and the Hound
This one got me up.