Sup Forums i miss the x-men, why is marvel destroying my favorite team, why is death of x happening

Sup Forums i miss the x-men, why is marvel destroying my favorite team, why is death of x happening

HOUSE
OF
IDEAS
D
E
A
S

higher ups at marvel have a weird idea that because they can't make movies of x-men they shouldn't promote their comics

I really just want them to stop pushing the inhumans

This is why, and it isn't really a weird idea.

Marvel (really Disney) is a corporation. They don't care what characters you like, they care about maximizing profits.
They don't have the movie rights, so why waste the ink.

It's not because of Disney. It's weird because the X-men has usually been a top earner for Marvel.

You're right user i just wish you were not i just hope that marvel will realize that dropping x-men may be a bad idea for them later on

this

marginalize the comics, make sure Fox can't make cartoons or toys.

Push the Inhumans HARD

What's weird is that one of marvels biggest sellers atm is deadpool, who basically gets to live the patriarchal dream of having a hot wife, a child who loves him, and enormous financial success, while his movie that marvel doesn't own makes 700 million at the bo

If marvel hates making comics about things that make Sony money why aren't they ruining deadpool?

Never again.

the last great x-men comic

Deadpool is just one character and hasn't been around as long as the X-men. Claremont's X-books alone have 19 years of material to draw from.

and they stuck DP on the Avengers to prevent more X-related material.

Because after 50 years of trying the Avengers are now their premier franchise.
And as such X-Men no longer have the "but they're our #1 moneymaker!" excuse to exist in the Marvel Universe.

Are the inhumans books even worth reading the more i see and hear of the more i am dissappointed they are trying to replace the x-men with them

Now that Ike is out of the picture. I am sure they will stop pusj

keep strong. x gon give it to ya

Shark tits was too pure for their world.

>
>keep strong. x gon give it to ya
Best comment best reply

yeah, and the winner is no one

they still are, which is surprising.

not really.

Kamala is good but her stuff barely ties in with Inhumans a real plus for me.

too bad that avengers sell like shit, except kamalavengers

>thinking Death of X will actually kill the X-Men

your anger will only boost sales only to be met with no serious status quou changes

Ive read a little of kamala's stuff and fuck me i didn't even know she was an inhuman (did not read her origin)

I see that you didn't quote the right person.
I still blushed.

frankly, the inhumans angle seems forced.
especially if you read the #1 issue, when she has hallucinations (I think) in which she gets the powers. it could be very easily been changed to some accident, but they really have to push that terrigen shit.

Also, it's funny because now, when marvel is pandering to sjws, they sideline their only comic known for diversity and PC / lgbt message. Not only that, they not only put mutants in limbo ghetto, they also gas them, like nazis gassed the jews.

10 years from now, the current situation will make for a nice article for some comic book blog. I can see the title "remember the time when marvel tried to replace x-men with inhumans?"

They are actually pretty good.

why would marvel want to boost the sales of x-men, though? unless they want to use this event to promote their other properties, or to streamline their comicverse with movieverse.

marvel intern spotted. can't blame you. money is money, no matter how earned.

I just want a team with a cyclops thats not extremely angry/ a child or at least have cyclops fighting the inhumans because of the genocidal mist they love so much

Why WOULDN'T they want to make money off yet another shitty event?

yeah, I forgot that it's marvel we're talking about...
I really hope that their gimmicks will bite them in their ass so hard, that not even disney will save them

>X-theme variants
>two X-events back to back
>Marvel doesn't want to boost X-sales
They don't need an event to end the X-line, they only need to not relaunch the books. They don't have to wait for sales to get low or for something to outsell them because Disney can sustain them.

>marvel intern

okay. tell me then, what is so good about the current shithumans?

they make variant covers for anything about anything. excessive amounts of variant covers is a Marvel staple

alienating any portion of your customer base is a bad call. its marketing 101, but you are still right.

All-new Inhumans has done really well at developing new Inhumans characters, has great art, and story has been pretty tight.

Uncanny, was good for the first two arcs, but Soule shit the bed for the last one.

I don't read the rest.

>has great art

you know the first time I've seen some all-new shithumans art, I thought that it was New X-Men book at first, especially with not-Hellion and not-Rockslide.

Uncanny, or more like Cuckanny? The book is complete crap. McNiven was good, but he is gone.

>I don't read the rest.
can't blame you. it's complete garbage

That was a fill in artist, Caselli is back on.

also, I don't like that marvel retcons everyone to be a shithuman. Blizzard, Toro, Ana Kraven...
it reeks of desperation

it was still the best art that this book had

I think that is all there is.
The Soule book is bad because A) He feels like he is forced to create inhuman characters and lore at full speed, and obviously not all his ideas are good. This happens because the inhuman push is one of the most inorganic thigs I have ever seen in comics, they are not letting a franchise grow naturally because it has become popular, it is all muscled in.
B) Romance filler, nobody wants to read about Johnny and Medusa.

New Inhumans feels like an X-Men book about rescuing mutants around the world, thats why it is fun.

>collective man or whats his name is still a thing
holy shit thats surreal

another thing is, I'm happy that disney doesn't own X-Men. shithumans play it x-tremely safe with "we wuz kings", and "everyone loves us and cares about our opinion and shit". the more marvel is shitting on x-men, the better sales they will have

Those aren't retcons, retcons have to conflict with previous story developments. Toro is a retcon, not the rest.

m-muh waifu is at least alive

Ana Kraven was baseline human. Blizzard was a tech user. And apparently he gets a blizzard powers as an inhuman, so nothing changes except the source of his powers? And that somehow is not a retcon? Because you know, he is Blizzard, so it's obvious that as an inhuman he should get blizzard powers. In no way it would be possible for him to get the opposite powers of who he is as a villain.

>retcons have to conflict with previous story developments
no they dont, in fact the best retroactive continuity fit in seamlessly with the establish continuity

He doesn't have Blizzard powers that is still tech, he electricity powers from mist, at least read the stuff you bitch about user. All the hybrid Inhumans started out as baseline humans.

yes they do, it just good retcons don't conflict too heavily.

>it's not a retcon
>actually it is
Thanks that you confirm that it's a retcon

I said good retcons don't retcons don't conflict with with a lot of things. The ones you said didn't conflict with anything, therefore they aren't retcons at all.

>Retroactive continuity, or retcon for short,[1][2] is the alteration of previously established facts in the continuity of a fictional work

>I decide what is a good retcon and what is not
keep going, at this point it's funny

he was actually the blizzard guy.

retcons do not have to conflict with previous continuity, take silk for example, all of her origin takes place off panel from peters, so there is no conflict with the story we were originally presented.

Marvel is just trying to make Earth X canon

I'm out of the loop. Why can't Marvel make X-men movies any more? Did Sony do another evil thing?

>FF are no more
>Charles dead
>X-men are gone
>Everyone is a inhuman

what are you impliying ?

also >thor is a woman

I'm implying that a What If of 1999 meant to be the Marvel's Kingdome Come is surprisingly close to the current timeline. Heck civil war 2 opened with one of the celestial showing up on earth (although since he jobbed I think it was just a culprit)

Wasn't bait

then you are a retard.

Perlmutter, the top guy at Marvel, is known as kind of a petty vindictive person. He does not like the idea of pushing characters whose merchandising and film rights don't belong 100% to Marvel.

So I don't think it's even entirely about profits, it's just spite. They *could* make money off X-Men merchandise and X-Men games but they choose not to.

They won't even put Scarlet Witch in most games because Fox has the *option* to use her (but hasn't). It really seems more like spite than anything else.

the best part is that Ike is a very good representation of jewish mentality. sorry, I had to point a finger at the only kosher elephant in the room

The interesting thing is that the whole turn against X-Men seems pretty recent. In 2012 Marvel put Bendis, its favorite writer (I didn't say *best*), on X-Men. They were treating X-Men as an important property and would even promote Fox X-Men movies on Marvel's site.

Sometime in 2013-4 this changed, Bendis cut short his run, the X-Men editor left (and they gave the line to Mark Paniccia, a good editor who only does books nobody else wants), they started pushing the Inhumans and pulling X-stuff from merchandise and games.

So even though the MCU has been around a while, the "only push MCU-affiliated characters" rule is of recent vintage.

All true. What is their endgoal? because the readership loss is rather visible. I myself started to read more DC and Image recently. And Valiant

What you have to remember is X-Men earn money for Marvel regardless. Merchandise is a big part of it too. Heck, Marvel was fine with not having Spider-Man for a while because they still got merchandising money and could focus on other characters!

I think you do need to realise there is more to it:
>X-Men were a HUGE part of Marvel universe, for years every event featured them.
Before Acts of Vengeance in '89 the three events prior had all been X-Men based. Avengers were often more B-listers. The movies changed the apetite for people so one has lost out on focus. There really was a massive shift in Marvel to make other characters and properties big.

>Lack of movie rights.
Sure it is still a factor. They have been pushing Inhumans A LOT. Which much like the Avengers coming to prominence does force them back.

>X-Men has often gone through dips in quality.
After Claremont left there was a lot of crap. But modern X-Men had a lot of good itty bitty runs here and there like Morrison/Whedon and the like. X-Men did have a good period in this time. Right now I think they are also in the quality due to a lack of them not really knowing what to do and a lot of talent being focused elsewhere.

>Popularity of a few central characters.
Wolverine and Deadpool anyone? Fans of Cap/Iron Man have really skyrocketed while X-Men characters besides those two do not really have the clout they once did.

I feel like it's Evans and RDJ who are popular, not CA, or Iron Man

Shame they deaged Steve though.
It's also a shame that JJJ doesn't have a donkey head... Yet.

Sure it is. That is part of it.

Their personalities have indeed characterised these heroes in peoples heads. And it has had an effect.

I do honestly believe though that X-titles could be reinvigorated if they had a team on the books who cared. All the recent ideas have just been rubbish and boring.

X-Men can be really rough on writers, for sure. Brubaker had pretty much been the golden boy until he did Uncanny X-Men, which he singles out as the worst run he ever did.

Probably not a coincidence that the two most famous post-Claremont runs are runs that were free from event tie-ins (Morrison's and Whedon's). Coordinating your X-book with all the others and events and status quos (staus qui?) can be a slog.

But I don't even think quality is X-Men's biggest enemy right now, it's the patently ridiculous editorial mandate to make even mutants revolve around the Inhumans. Even a casual reader can sense that there's something lame about the current status quo.

All true again. At this point, it's funny what is going on with marvel. Events, X-books, Spider-Man, and DP are the only books that sell at marvel, and it's not a secret that X-fags are character-fags, or complete zealots.

Frankly, I am genuinely curious about the shape that marvel will have next year. It will probably be 80% star wars and 20% marvel

Mutants and the FF, the film rights Marvel hasn't got, are being phased out of the comics entirely - if and when the film rights return, you shall see a grand revival in the comics.

>Probably not a coincidence that the two most famous post-Claremont runs are runs that were free from event tie-ins
True. I would add, PAD, Remender, Spurrier.

I wonder if there are still going to be neckbeards alive to witness it, because they are the only ones who would care

>HOIDEAS

But what if those comic end up being bad ?

>any more

Literally what.

Short for whorish ideas

>why would marvel want to boost the sales of x-men, though?
>why would marvel want to boost the sales

Are you asking this for real
When they just had a crossover with Apocalyse because of the movie

it's not like it's going to happen. sooner marvel will stop publishing comics altogether

>X-Men can be really rough on writers
I think there is a large thing of "everything has been done before with them" mentality.

But I do differ in opinions with you slightly. Editorial are dicking on them, sure. But I have lived through some stale times with the X-Men before. We honestly need Bendis type influences to leave.

I should describe the current run as "rubbish and boring". Stale is a much more apt description.

Also I think that if the books were giving to some fresh blood then editorial would most likely turn away and say "go nuts" and we might get some people cutting their teeth a bit to try something radical.

I really want to be optimistic because I read a lot of crap before we had a few good years of X-Men again. And not it seems we are back in the dark ages. But they do always end.

>FF
Ah, I see FF as a different case. FF also have attached with them a struggle for modernity in what the hell to do with them.

A kooky family with powers was Marvel's flagship but I really don't think anyone at Marvel would know what to do with them if they got movie rights back.

But X-men? Really? Marvel? You are such a whore? You hate X-men, but you still are going for this unkosher dough? Of course, I agree with you. I am a Dick.

>I should describe the current run as "rubbish and boring". Stale is a much more apt description.
Sorry, typo. I meant I "shouldn't" describe it as rubbish and boring.

The truth is the stories are just endlessly stale.

While I agree, the X-Men could easily carry on with the new generation of mutants. New Mutants, New X-Men could easily replace the old cast successfully, but it's not going to happen. Marvel is afraid of change.

Oh, by "fresh blood" I meant more in the writers/artists department. Right now things are a bit hands-on with X titles but I have a feeling that when certain people leave these books then the jobs may go to some newer people allowing more chances to be taken.

New characters are mostly doomed now though, unless they get a huge push like Ms. Marvel.

Every X-writer for about 20 years has introduced new mutants and tried to push them and then the next writer doesn't want to use them. (I think Bendis has said that part of the problem is writers don't feel comfortable making big changes to a character created by someone they know.)

They might end up good, or mediocre, or fantastic or not at all - why worry beforehand?
True, us neckbeards doesn't have very impressive lifespands, what with sitting down and being fat. We'll be gone before Fox stops cranking out less and less fun flicks.

This as well. But if you look at the rest of marvel catalogue, the x-men don't have it bad. What disturbs me the most is that I consider Bunn nowadays a good writer. Hopeless is okay. Lemire should only do OM Logan. Everything feels indeed stale, I give you that.

Even Ms Marvel can't sustain the popularity. It seems like Gwenpool is the new hot thing.

The only hope is if FOC agreeds to renegotiate some kind of deal with Marvel like Sony has.

They would do a retro 1960's film of FF, and it'd be wondeful.

*FOX. Brain farted, sorry.

>True, us neckbeards doesn't have very impressive lifespands, what with sitting down and being fat. We'll be gone before Fox stops cranking out less and less fun flicks.
And I'm going to welcome my death. Here, I posted it.

Dismarvel would make a 2hr long movie of FF sitting and drinking coffee and people like you would cum from excitement. You guys are incurable.

you double brainfarted, because you corrected the wrong post. The thing is, I know what you meant the first time, we are not grammar nazis here, unless we want to shit on some smug fucktard.

I think they would be reluctant to do that. As cool as it sounds it wouldn't have traction.

>But if you look at the rest of marvel catalogue, the x-men don't have it bad.
True.

I expected an insult after posting "Bunn is not bad folks". He did improve, though. His Uncanny X-men is really good, BUT, heavily decompressed, and has Land on art.

>Dismarvel would make a 2hr long movie of FF sitting and drinking coffee
That wouldn't fit very well with the retro 1960's style - at all actually.
Why so negative? So far they've put out a lot of entertaining flicks. Relative high standard all-round.

>They won't even put Scarlet Witch in most games because Fox has the *option* to use her (but hasn't). It really seems more like spite than anything else.

It's especially obvious on their (not very good) Avengers cartoon which renamed itself "Ultron Revolution" to tie in with the movie, but has no plans to add Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch (but Carol Danvers is being added, of course). Mutants is poison, even if the comics are denying that they're mutants.

They own you. They will own you as long, as it will be cool to like them. Once they fall out of popularity, suddenly it will turn out that they were never good. Just a theory.

Peyton Reed was the guy who wanted to make a retro '60s FF (this didn't happen because his retro '60s movie DOWN WITH LOVE wasn't a hit) and he's now an MCU director, so it could theoretically happen.

And to think that Arcade was retconned in cartoons to be a mutant only 2 years ago in Spider-Man cartoon. And S-M cartoon has fucking Mesmero. I don't remember any X-Men cartoon that would have Mesmero in a significant role.

Nah I wouldn't insult you, user.

I think good is perhaps too strong a word I would use for him. I will say though that I have seen him at least try.

I don't care about what's cool to like and what's cool to not like.
I like the stuff I like - easy peasy.

He did change from being bad to acceptable, at the very least. I used to cringe at the sight of his name, nowadays I can read him without my brain bleeding.

Rock on, true believer! What a swell jolly good fellow we have here! Kudos

No need to be sarcastic man.
Just like the stuff you like.