Can we have a thread about the first season of Twin Peaks...

Can we have a thread about the first season of Twin Peaks? I feel that a show like Twin Peaks (speaking exclusively about the first season here) will never be topped. It introduced cinematic lighting design and quality to television and revolutionized how stories were told on the medium. It's sad to see how terrible the new season has fallen, forced to be a cheap imitation of the garbage that normies consume today.

Twin Peaks will always be remembered as one of the greatest television shows. Season 3 will be forgotten by normies by the end of the year.

while the normies wont admit it the new season is indeed pretty terrible. but no worries, it's not like it stops anyone from enjoying the old series or fire walk with me.

What is there to say that hasn't already been said to death before?

>he actually enjoys the shitshow that is season 3

Kill yourself, kid

The only people who care about television as "the medium" are normies. Twin Peaks season 3 is in no way what you've described, it weeds out all the event television fans like you. Pure Lynch.

>It's sad to see how terrible the new season has fallen, forced to be a cheap imitation of the garbage that normies consume today.
sorry to tell you user but its you who is the normie scum

>forced to be a cheap imitation of the garbage that normies consume today
while I have my gripes with season 3, it's as anti-mainstream as you can get

What even gave you that impression to make such an asinine post? I don't think season 3 is necessarily any good, but i'm also not even that upset about it like you seem to be.

Understandable.

You just have to realize that Twin Peaks is no longer for you; the new season was made and marketed for normies/redditors. It was Lynch's last ditch effort in securing funds for his retirement and what better way to make money than by selling out and appeasing normies.

>being this salty over a geriatric director's new show

Anyone who isn't a retard knew the new season couldn't have even close to the quality of Twin Peaks or Fire Walk with Me.

>yfw the normies that haven't even seen Twin Peaks in its completion would literally watch 18 hours of a dog taking a shit if Lynch directed it because it is so hip and all the rage now

>all the rage now
fucking nobody is watchng it

I wonder what David Lynch would think about all the bandwagon normies who have only recently jumped into the show.

>David Lynch
>having integrity

He's fucking pushing 80. The only reason he came back after making a big spiel about retiring from filmmaking is because he needs money. I would think he's actually happy the brainless normies have been lured by the shit new season.

>the brainless normies have been lured by the shit new season

Are you fucking blind? Can't you read? How many times does this image have to be posted? Normies aren't watching the new season you idiot.

This. And it's not like the normies even give a shit about the show either or its quality. The only reason they're watching it is because it's a social "talking piece" right now for them. 90% of what they get out of the show are memes.

Fire Walk With Me is the best kino ever made, that's all I have to say

The new season is literally the best season of the series so far.

Season 3 so far > Fire Walk With Me > Season 1 = First 9 + finale of season 2 > That stretch of terrible garbage in season 2

Not even Lynch's best movie

it's a masterpiece though

What the fuck is going on in this thread. What 'normies' are watching season 3? And come on people, the first two seasons are as 'normie' as you can get, season 3 is anything but. Are you all crazy?

First season is fantastic but the first half of season 2 and season 3 so far are both better.

What the fuck are you on about? David Lynch is the physical manifestation of integrity, from his very first film he's done whatever the fuck he wants whether or not it makes money. After Twin Peaks was cancelled and everyone thought it would never return, instead of concluding the series in the film he made a fucking prequel because that's what he wanted to do. If he didn't have integrity The Return would be a pale imitation of old TP full of comfy atmosphere and cherry pie memes instead of something new and interesting.

season 2 is the superior. entire season it top tier pleb filter.

>that shit opinion
haha L Y N C H E D

He turned down an offer to direct Return of the Jedi. I really don't think he ever gave a fuck about money.

The actual normies who love the first two seasons can't get into the new season because they've never actually watched Lynch's movies so they're fumbling for excuses

Fuck normies.