Why are so many people pretending that WW is something new and groundbreaking when female action heroes were done...

Why are so many people pretending that WW is something new and groundbreaking when female action heroes were done successfully before?

Is this just marketing or are people really that dumb?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40185267
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Sarah Connor: Yeah, right. How are you supposed to know? Fucking men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You thikn you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something; to create a life; to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death and destruction...

What did she mean by this?

It's the same thing all the time. When a videogame releases with a female protagonist, all the feminist blogs say how revolutionary it is even though even the oldest games had female protagonists. Same with movies.

The only thing that doesn't get this treatment is books, because women actually read books sometimes to see it isn't that rare to have a female protagonist.

but then her own son tells her to shut the fuck up and be more constructive

if anything, Sarah Connor and Ripley were both successful female protags that doesn't rely on being super hot and pretty, so in that sense WW is a step back

Thats because he's supposed to be a leader.

You don't get to lead people by letting the aggressive arseholes.

This really. They are acting like if some half naked capeshit action girl is going to solve problems of sexism in Saudi Arabia. It's ridiculous.

Millennials are just that stupid and older women never watched the Terminator or Aliens movies because they were uppity cunts that were too good to see action movies.

People have no memory. They live in the now/last week/last month. Not last year(s).

They also don't know much and have an opinion about everything anyway that they NEED to share and get butthurt when proven wrong.

Notice how all the people who complain about there not being enough female protags or whatever minority in media most likely just started getting into the medium a few years ago?

Fucking Trendies dude.

It's not even just about classic movies. Anime and video games do it for decades.

My mom did and she's the one who forced me to watch those movies when I was being an ass and only watched recent films.

Based mommy.

Massive shill campaign. Not even kidding.

>inb4 people who haven't received the email

Gotta love social media. It's only going to get worse.

That and they were just barking loudly without really giving a fuck about good female characters.

My daughter was raised on shit like T2 and Alien, I also raised her like a STRONG WOMYN except without the modern pseudo-liberal faggotry. Wonder Woman is about as appealing to her as a fucking Bratz doll.

>it's a you see some falsehood been repeated over and over on the internet until it become the accepted truth/mainstream thinking episode

>new wave feminist
>cries and whine until she gets her way
>old school feminist
>prove men wrong and change their ideas and perceptions of what is a woman by not giving up and actually doing stuff

We got to the point when feminism in the west means wanting fat ugly women with hairy armpits in lead roles.

That whole movie role model/identification shit is overated. People are not that influenced by movies.

>haha women were historically oppressed and weren't ever allowed to do anything
>haha this top ten list of badass women through history shows women were always badasses

It's marketing to people that are dumb. It's both, op

It kind of isn't. I remember when I was a kid how influenced other kids were by movies. The thing is today there are just too much movies and other sources of entertainment for anything to really stick.

I don't remember people being influenced ideologically by movies. Trends, irl memes, catchphrases, t-shirts and other shit? Sure. Helping with feminisim or any other thing? Not so much. That was mostly peer pressure+rebelling against parents.

>mfw almost no one knows of Dog Day Afternoon which was about a guy helping his tranny friend to get surgery

Have you watched any other female superhero movies? Not action movies, superhero movies.

Get off Sup Forums, torrent Supergirl and watch it in one sitting.

I suspect that it's marketing. By itself, a wonder woman movie isn't that exciting. Oh boy, yet another superhero movie, now one about a relatively unpopular superhero (compared to batman, superman, etc... What's the selling point? she's a woman.

>I don't remember people being influenced ideologically by movies

Rambo.

SG is a really good movie. Fuck you if you don't like it. Supergirl and Howard the Duck are great movies that idiots don't like because muh bad reviews and word of mouth.

???
You got it backwards. People were already aware and against what happened in Vietnam and the way our soldiers were threated when they returned. The whole babykillers memes was already over and ptsd (or the term they used back then) was front page news.

Fine. Catwoman. I agree with you on Howard the Duck, though.

Catwoman we can agree on. Fuck, I didn't even mind the plot, the Bast thing was cool even if it wasn't Batman's Catwoman, but the execution? The set and costume design? FUUUUUUUU

And black characters.

Because she's not the protagonist. She's a secondary character in a sequel to a movie where she was a damsel in distress.

Literally every Sidney Poitier kino.

People think civil rights is a new thing for some reason. It was all the rage in the 60s/70s, but it wasn't as autismal as it is now. More violent, maybe, but a lot less retarded.

Childrens books do, unsurprisingly little boys don't want to read books about little girls. But this is problematic because money grabbing authors have to choose between their bottom line and their enlightened feminist principles.

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40185267

You're so wrong about everything. She was always a strong woman, but modern society with all it's conforts made her appear weak. At her core, she was... well, hardcore, as the movie shows you.

In the second movie, sure. But as I said, she is not the star of it. So it is you that is wrong.

the 2nd movie is equally about sarah, john and the t800

She kills the bad guy in the first movie after her protector dies.

Nah, she's the third wheel. John and Ahnold are the stars.

Except that she's the leader in T2. Sure, it was a John origin story and he made her see the light when she was about to kill science dude, but it's even more aa story of Sarah finding her way back to the hopeful woman she was before she became the jadded soldier.

That floppy haired faggot is the third wheel if there ever was one.

How about no?

John is just a plot point on legs. The only things he does is furthering T-800 and Sarah's story, and the T-800 bits are mostly about changing him so that Sarah can change herself.

Because alien and Terminator are shitty films that are liked only for pure nostalgia by old farts

Meanwhile wonder woman is actually good unlike most female films aka Zero dark thirty One for the Money and Catwoman