God's Not Dead

Let's get right back into it
Old: Fetuses aren't people.
The Catholic Church is gay and is an obstacle to stem cell research.
Fedoras are good for carrying things and getting mad bitches.

Is everybody off hating God?

>god is for you

If I pull that crown off, would you die?

Getting caught was part of His plan

>Fetuses aren't people
Neither are those who chose to kill their children how about that

>implying something you can't biochemically bond to, and something that can't understand you or itself or suffering, is your child in any meaningful sense of the word

>in any meaningful sense of the word
I like how atheists start ignoring facts when it suits them. It is your child, that's a fact. It's also human, that's also a fact, it's a first stage of human development. It's not a person, I'll give you that.

Why should the ability of a parent to bond with the child or the child's ability to think and feel matter?

Runaway dad's are still parents even if they never see their children. They're still fathers even if the children are mentally deficient and incapable of understand who they are.

You're confusing cause and effect because thinking and feeling are actions. You have to be a human before you can think or feel like one, so you would have to be a human before you can think or act like one. You see? Actions in themselves aren't going to change your very nature. No matter how much you act like a cat or dog you'll never actually become a cat or dog. In the same way a non human will never become a human based on how they act. The unborn must be a human before they can act like one.

meaningful sense of the word = baby. toddler, teenager and adult you love, enjoy spending time with and cherish

gametes are also human, that doesn't mean shit

if it's not a person, then you can't murder it. Hence, abortion is a-ok, thanks for playing

I don't know, why should something like bonding that increases happiness and utility and has the potential to cause psychological damage if one of the involved entities is removed be important? Why should that matter?
Why should self-awareness and sentience matter, it's not like they're required to understand and perceive suffering, and hence to have acts against you be immoral

>punch a pregnant woman
>she miscarries
>get charged with homicide instead of property damage
MHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You're avoiding the question. When it comes to the question of whether or something is human, why should pair bonding and sentience matter? If whether or not somebody bonded with their parents is what gives them the right to life then why would it be wrong to walk into an orphan shelter and start shooting randomly?

I didn't avoid the question you pleb, bonding makes people happier and more productive, and also if you kill what you've bonded to you have a higher chance of psychological damage, so it's not a good idea to kill something you've bonded to
And sentience is obviously important because without it you can't perceive suffering
Why the fuck would you want to kill orphans, they're not violating your bodily autonomy

I agree that bonding makes kids happier. But why does whether or not they bond make them hum or give them the right to life?

>it's okay to kill retarded people or people in comas

Atheists truly do hate life and people

I was more considering it makes the parents happy, which is important because they work

Right to life is spookimus maximus

that would be a stupid thing to do, considering the investment you put into them. If they're never going to come out of the coma, then it's fine, and aborting retarded people seems fine to me also

You can't kill a retarded person because being a cripple precludes you from being a person.

>implying they don't pull the plug on people in vegetative comas all the time

are you and

>God is for you
You know, the literal translation of "allahu ackbar" is "god is the biggest"

Catholic here. Has the Catholic church stopped stem cell research from being conducted? No it hasn't. So it has an ethical stand opposing it. What if no one opposed anything.

wtf Sup Forums is a Muslim board now

It prevents Catholic scientists (such as they are) from doing it and doesn't fund it, which is at odds with charitably and efficiently improving people's lives for the long term

Stem cell research is a meme

At least according to Martin shrekli

you're a fucking meme, stem cells are hugely important for disease models and directly help facilitate the development of cures and treatments

Shkreli is talking about the type of stem cell therapy which just injects stem cells into diseased areas, which is very much a meme, but is not research and is not even the good kind of stem cell therapy