/mena/

٢٠١٨ edition

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-grand-mufti-iran-sunni-muslims-hajj-a7229416.html
emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/earthquake.php?id=638480
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Older thread

based AC thread, will post here

You have good tastes, u got the game?

yup, 85% completion

gj, the story is perfect & I fucking love the graphic design, did you ever climb on a top of a pyramid?

>gj, the story is perfect
haven't finished yet, i'm in Cyrene right now.

of course i climbed a pyramid.... i'm a completionist retard i do everything.

>i'm in Cyrene right now.
Pretty comfy tbqh
>i'm a completionist retard i do everything
Lol that's a good thing, best way to enjoy the game even more

it's a nice area indeed

sandnigger

they did pretty well in terms of gaphic design this time

it's obvious they took their time

any guess of the next era they'll do? i hope Japan/China

The Edo era would be pretty nice, but idk I was thinking about ancient Greece

>ancient Greece
nah, doesn't fit imo
i'd go with ancient Persia or Alexander the Greats era

Feudal Japan would bring a lot of money to them imo
>ancient Persia
interesting

Btw do you know what the hell is going on?

I mean they already said Xerxes was killed by an Assassin, why not go there?

theres no way the regime cracked already,
most likely the rats are sending their families out or trying to hide their stolen money

or worse, the planes are going to go and bring Hezb fighters to quash the protests.
unlikely at this point though for multiple reasons.

Yeah, why not plus there could be interesting arcs with ancient Persia's history

Nah I don't think the regime will.
>most likely the rats are sending their families out
Probably that. Also as much as I dislike khomeinists, the westerner's fetish for a "hijabless pro LGBT modern Iran" is making it hard not to be pro regime

>the westerner's fetish for a "hijabless pro LGBT modern Iran" is making it hard not to be pro regime
oh for fucks sake
the protests begun in Mashhad and spread to most cities, small cities that were completely silent in 2009 have seen big protests.
even fucking Qom.

All the while Tehran is silent and the more liberal areas are silent.

this isn't about ''secularism'' it's about an oligarchic gang of rats that are stealing the country dry while people live in poverty. A retarded Mullah in Mashhad told people who complain of hardships to eat something else beside chicken and endure for the ''islamic resistence''
Unemployment is trough the roof, the country is nose diving into oblivion and mullahs are blind to it and focus on foreign militias more than their own country.
see beyond your little ideological framework

>the country is nose diving into oblivion and mullahs are blind to it and focus on foreign militias more than their own country.
Honestly if Iran stopped spending money on foreign militias and started spending it in Iran to erase poverty I think a lot of people including Iranians would be happy. You'd be fine with Hezbollah not being funded by Iran anymore?
I know that the protests are mostly against the expensive cost of living but Westerners making it look like anti-Islam protests shit is just triggering.

>tfw bought AC Origins on steam with my debit card
>launched it once
>steam to offline mode
>ubisoft launcher to offline mode
>block steam and ubisoft launcher in firewall
>refund the game
>get money back to your bank account
>play the game because steam is in offline mode and still thinks you own the game

completed it in few days and desu the side quests are very boring, won't do them again EVER
main story is average
the assassination targets are pathetic and easy
world looks nice

AC 2 and Black Flag still the best games in the series
and Unity for the best city

>main story is average
Main story is fiiiine as hell
>the assassination targets are pathetic and easy
Kinda true
>world looks nice
True

>AC2 [...] still the best games in the series
YES

>anti-Islam protests shit is just triggering.
in Qom the people chanted ''we don't want the islamic republic'' in fucking Qom, this has never happened before
in Mashhad they chanted ''they use Islam to drive the people crazy''
in other cities there were chants of
''we are aryans, we don't worship the arab god''

the islamist retards are destroying islam in iran, Khomeini thought people would not revolt against the regime if it meant going against islam, but lo and behold more and are doing just this.
i am not happy about this but it is the reality.

>Honestly if Iran stopped spending money on foreign militias and started spending it in Iran to erase poverty I think a lot of people including Iranians would be happy
it wil never ever ever happen, the regime has turned into an oligarchy, corruption is the glue holding them, the amount of corruption is beyond words.

And regime is simply to ideological, it sees itself as an ideological machine which needs to ''spread the revolution'' it will chose to burn the country to the ground before they abandone their deluded imperialistic dreams

the retarded mullah i mentioned above? he said ''will never leave Syria''

سلام, how will مهنا celebrate Nowruz?

>''we are aryans, we don't worship the arab god''
Lol man what the fuck???
>in Qom the people chanted ''we don't want the islamic republic'' in fucking Qom, this has never happened before
Yeah the very city that knew the birth of the Islamic revolution. I feel like there's any type of Iranian on the streets, I know for sure that even hardcore Islamists held protests. By the way in France shah era Persian diaspora protested in front of the embassy with Iranian shah flags, it was pretty laughable.

>the islamist retards are destroying islam in iran, Khomeini thought people would not revolt against the regime if it meant going against islam, but lo and behold more and are doing just this.
Islam has been too much used as a political entity in Iran. I liked the way they used Islam against the American hegemony and the shah selling Iran to the USA but an Islamist regime with foreign militias is obviously a bad idea when it doesn't know how to feed properly its population.
Feel bad for Iran

How does one celebrate Nowruz?

>the shah selling Iran to the USA
memes.
by the mid 70's he was very independent from the US.
building rockets, increasing oil prices, against US/UK wishes, and trying to build nukes for fucks sake.

not to mention Carter hated him and turned a blind eye to the 79 revolution.

>Lol man what the fuck???
it is a minority, but one that is only growing. this stuff would've been unthinkable 20 years ago

>memes.
Ah man really? Ok I'm not Iranian but we know that he was a US shill and was also making life easy only for a minority of people.
>it is a minority
Well I hope they don't fall into the "Islam is arab!!1!!1!" meme, Saudis must be so happy right now

I hope Iran isn't going to end up with a Rothschild central bank

i said by the mid 70's
early on, until he consolidated power he did depend a lot on british/american support.

>Well I hope they don't fall into the "Islam is arab!!1!!1!"
many believe this, even the regime does to a certain extent.
nowadays they try to portray shia islam as ''aryan islam'' arguing that Hussein married the daughter of the last Sassanian king, thus his descendents, the imams are Aryans

I will celebrate with gourmetten.
But in Iran they eat fruit and nuts and jump over fires.

>many believe this, even the regime does to a certain extent.
*facepalm*
>nowadays they try to portray shia islam as ''aryan islam'
Ahahah does this work?

>gourmetten
We call it 'raclette'.
I always knew that Nowruz was persian new year but never understood how did they celebrate it.

>Ahahah does this work?
yes, to a certain extent.
the quasi-arabization atempted under Khomeini has stopped has stopped,
the IRG nowadays is a big supporter of this propaganda.

they aren't forcing it on the population though, they themselves changed the propaganda because the people changed. The pan-islamist shit they say is for retarded Arabs

>yes, to a certain extent.
Well, good if it works. Accepting Islam mustn't be accepting Arabization, these are two different process. I think that the US sanctions on Iran are to blame as well for what's happening rn

>. I think that the US sanctions on Iran are to blame as well for what's happening rn
the lifting of the sanctions has more to do honestly.
Rouhani and the regime sold the nuke deal as a miracle that will fix everything, it didn't and it won't.
they created expectations and now people are angry they aren't meating them.

the problem is that even if all sanctions would be lift, which won't happen as the nuke deal covers only some, little to nothing would trickle down to the people, it will all get stolen or send abroad to militias.

>they created expectations
I see, bad move here :/

still haven't played this one coz many games since 2016 require stupid platform update for win7 and i'm too lazy to do update or check if game will work without it
He's right tho. There was a leak on Sup Forums a year ago or so and most of things, if not everything, were correct. Guy also claimed that Greece was originaly part of the main game but it was cut. So Greece should be next.

>i'm too lazy to do update or check if game will work without it
do it right *now*
>There was a leak on Sup Forums a year ago or so and most of things, if not everything, were correct. Guy also claimed that Greece was originaly part of the main game but it was cut. So Greece should be next
Lol, didn't even know that

They had to though
things would have been worse if they just ''things will never improve''

The problem is that they are unwilling and unable to deliver,
the worst don't want things to improve, they want to go the North Korean route
the others, like Rasfanjani/Rouhani want a China model, but as the last 20 years showed, they simply can't deliver

I really thought that was going to improve things for Iran

that Rouhani*
Isn't Russia going to buy some oil from Iran soon?

they won't improve. The regime, especially reformists like Zarif have a good PR model.

things will only get worse, they are already worst than in 2009, in 10 years they'll be even worse.

and as last nights protests show people are only radicalizing, in 2009 no one yelled against Khamenei, now they burned his posters.
it will only get worse, the country is nose diving, slowly into what i don't know

could be a north korean style dictatorship
could be the reformists finally do something after 20 years
could be a IRG military dictatorship
could revolution
could be civil war

no idea what will happen or when, no one saw these protests coming, but something will happen in the near future,.

meaningless, that will only enrich the regime cronnies, and won't tackle unemployment or living standards of the avarage iranian whatsoever
not to mention Russia is an oligarchic shithole that to survives on oil/gas

Can you elaborate why do you think regime will survive?

And can you explain why the only option is worse?
Why's there no positive scenario?

it has the Revolutionary Guards and the Basij militias.
these are deeply ideological paramilitaries that answer only to the Supreme Leader, not to the government or parliament.
They are as strong as the army, they'll deal with any protests, revolt, revolution...etc

without them the regime would have fallen easly.

Didn't army (some of them at least) supported protesters? Or they wouldn't help protesters if these militias will start shooting?

one is, somewhat positive
>could be the reformists finally do something after 20 years

the problem is that the system is almost impossible to reform, the elected positions are meaningless, the hardline clerics keep a tight leash on the government

and these are deeply ideological retards, most of them see the North Korean model as the way to go.

They won't reform as the reformists want, they will not abandon their ideas of spreading the revolution.

>Didn't army (some of them at least) supported protesters?
the army is very silent, it always was like this.
they will only intervene if the IRG, which they see as a rival, does something stupid

So Reza, which side you're on in this one? I think I'm with the Islamic regime, just because I'm tired of US imperialistic games

Ok, agreed, we should do this one.

Nobody likes the USA. Secularisation without being USA minded is very possible.

>US imperialistic games
>everything is some great consipracy
>people can't oppose these corrupt idiots without being foreign puppets
fucking hell i hate you ''''''''anti-imperialist'''''' retardads the most.
why don't you call out the mullahs imperialism? the people in the country don't want their money sent to foreign arab militias.

I stand were I have always stood, for democracy.
but that doesn't blind me to facts

they have tried this for 20 years, Rasfanjani could've done it he took over completely in the 90's but he failed.
if he failed, i doubt Rouhani will succeed

>its another "R*za regurgitating what he reads on wikipedia and twitter" episode

i'm gone, have a nice new year /mena/

It needs time.
What about the headscarf rules that were changed last week in Tehran?
Small steps like this and we'll get there.

Could you provide your point of view on these events?

>''muh zionist-US-Wahhabi plot''
>''muh fitna''

>Could you provide your point of view on these events?
Like what specifically?
I just got back to the US, but I was in Iran on the first day of these supposed "protests" and I didn't even know anything was going on.
Honestly just a false flag planted by the kuffar because they've been getting btfo nonstop for the last few years and are trying an internal attack this time. The timing of it and the things being said make it all too obvious.
Western media is definitely trying to make it out to be something its not as well.

see? i was right

no one cares what a retardo gypsy thinks you dweeb

>Nobody likes the USA.
I'm so happy they're losing their hegemony

I like the fact that Iran is some counter-force to the USA and don't want it to change tbqh

>I just got back to the US, but I was in Iran on the first day of these supposed "protests"
And yet not a single post from you with Iran flag.

Salam can you sum up the situation from your point of view?

I didn't even go on the internet much less a website like this one my family would kill me if they found me browsing you larping moron.
But I did go on Umrah for a week. Was fun

next is either greece or rome
antique med trilogy

>But I did go on Umrah for a week.
Shias arent welcome in Hejaz

Hey is very obvious that US/Saudi hijacked/will hijack the protest. They were protesting about economic condition before, now what? It's an anti-regime demonstration and even that orange fucktard tweeted his support for the protesters

I want Alexanders era honestly

What timeline would you go for Rome? I say late Republic-early empire

WE WUZ towelheads AND SHIET

Stop doing this meme faggot, you cannot post with an Irani flag legitimately, there's only one vpn provider who offers virtual Iran flags (but is actually in the US).

believe what you want

That's where you're wrong :^)

origins happens around caesar's murder, next game would make sense if it happened in Rome during the political fallout of this, templars maneuvering to get power over Rome with Jules out of the way, that sort of thing
there's also mentions in Bortherhood of his son Brutus who was an assassin

saudi arabias grand mufti
independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-grand-mufti-iran-sunni-muslims-hajj-a7229416.html

That could work

For Greece i'm curious what timeline would you like
i can't really think of anything

Explain to me what's your view then, not regarding Hezbollah or other Iranian proxies out there, but about the possibility if this event being something set/will be set up by Saudi/US because no matter what, from my realistic point of view an unrest in a country is always a delicious instrument to be utilised by the country's enemies. Do you want Iran to be the next Syria?

I don't really like idea of greece as well, but i think if next game will be set there it will probably be a direct sequel to origins. So it might during liberators' civil war since origins ended with caesar's assassination

don't know what happens in greece after caesar's death desu

civil war between Octavian and Marc Anthony

Just from the headline
>'Iranians are not Muslims', says Saudi Arabia's Grand Mufti
And upon actually reading the article
>Saudi Arabia's top cleric has declared that Iran's leaders are not Muslims and regard Sunni Muslims as their enemy.
>Iran's leaders
Ignoring the fact that he committed a sin by making takfir,
So how does this apply to me or followers of the Jafari and Zaydi Madhhab's in general?
Also is this the same guy who during a khutbah at hajj said "get closer to Allah by praying for the saudi royal family"?
>The Grand Mufti said the claims of the Iranian Ayatollah were "not surprising" and accused Iran's leaders of being Zoroastrians, an ancient pre-Islamic Iranian religion.
Top kek. How is it that the so called Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia is repeating propaganda created by Baathists during the Iran Iraq war?
Feel sorry for this guy creating a laughing stock out of himself because he's so cucked by an atheist monarch.

>independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudi-arabia-grand-mufti-iran-sunni-muslims-hajj-a7229416.html
I'm Sunni but those Saudi "religious" making takfir 24/7 truly annoys me

Yes.
In last 1-2 year goverment lost the control over prices, price of basic things(meat, egg ,...) are rising.
Also rohani promised many things to his supporters but he failed to doing those things.
During the recent 5 years many people invested their money and income in private banks and institutes for profi, now all of this institutes got Bankrupted and peoples mone gone.
In last 1-2 years there were many small protest(50-200people) in all over of Iran but nobody took them seriously.
Several days ago Iranian conservatives organized a rally against rohani in Mashhad.
They invited the people but when angry people came they lost control and people chanted anti-IR things.they expected the people to curse and chand against rouhani but it got backfired.
After mashhad it got extended to other cities.Main reason of this protests are bad financial situation of people and how rouhani failed to deliver his promises.
Things got heated when some people started vandalism and they broke and burned the banks and buildings. Now people claim those who burned the buildings were Islamic republic agents and Islamic republic claim it was foreign agents.
I'm not a fan of IR but it was very suspicious, i mean peoples money is in the bank. it's not the work of a normal person, maybe it's really foreign agents.
I supported people at first because financial situation is very bad but now these protests are not about financial situation.
Also don't listen to Reza analyzes, i respect him because he cares about his country but he easily believe things that people say in twitter.
And don't worry about protests, it's not a serious thing.
Also all things that Reza said about Aryan Islam and ... is bullshit.

thinking of getting it, is it worth a purchase?

I would say yes.

Yes, not the best but yes

>Stop doing this meme faggot
But Iranian !!ymbFZwG60g believes that Sup Forums is not banned in Iran.
I asked him many times to post with Iran flag when he is in Iran but everytime he brought an excuse.

>maybe it's really foreign agents.
Foreign agents in small-ish cities? Where was the bank burned? in Kashan if I remember right
no way it's ''foreign agents'', if any foreign power wanted to do something it would do it in Tehran.

>is bullshit.
i'll look for the articles i read on this and i'll post them so you can check them.

definitely

It got banned recently though? Before last summer (I think) there was an Iranian flag poster on Sup Forums, pic related
Aight I see thank you, it's indeed mostly protests against the bad financial situation as expected. And naturally this makes people turn against the current regime which is an Islamic republic. Do you think that I can still meet lots of religious young Shias in their 20s in Iran? And are there a lot of Iranian locals who want a "shah Iran" back like a lot of Persian diaspora does? These are my last questions

>"shah Iran" back like a lot of Persian diaspora does?
no
pro-shah chants should be seen mostly as anti-clerical, not pro-monarchy.
only a small minority is monarchist

I don't consider Wahhabi's to be Sunni's, just like I don't consider people like Yasser Al Habib calling themselves "Shi3" to be Shi3.
And I'm not saying all Saudi's are Wahhabi either, because the ones I know in uni and ones I've met in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and elsewhere certainly aren't.
That clergy are just puppets of the saudi royal family, just like Iran's clergy used to be puppets of the safavids.
He's been larping since day 1.
His entire posts reeks of reddit too.
He's a /sg/ tard who hides behind a meme flag and has severe autism.
Internet also got shut down so he wouldn't even be able to post right now.
Anyways gonna go to sleep and try and fix my jet lag. See ya

>i'll look for the articles
Man i don't care about acticles. Aryan Islam WTF?
>Do you think that I can still meet lots of religious young Shias in their 20s in Iran?
Yes, even those who don't look like very religious are idenify themselves as shia.
>And are there a lot of Iranian locals who want a "shah Iran"
Shah is dead and his son is a slouchy faggot, don't believe Pahlavi and Mojahedin(MEK) posts on twitter. nobody in Iran cares about them.

i'll look for them and i'll post them, if not today, i got go in 1 houre, then tomorrow.

Wow 3 earthquakes in Iran in the past 24 hours, get your shit together Persia

emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/earthquake.php?id=638480

>Internet also got shut down
Millions of Iranian are using Internet right now, you can find them in any Iranian sites and foreign sites(i can send some link for you) but ofcourse everybody is lying and only you are right.
It's weird you just drag lie out of your ass(Internet got shutdown) and think people will believe you.