Voltron Talkback #4

>Pidge isn't a cute

kat.cr/voltron-legendary-defender-tv26685/

All episodes thus far.

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9wMd1OkXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So is Sven a voice actor or was he just the first Black Lion guy from an older Voltron show.
Because if its the later Shiro has already survived twice as long and shows no signs of dying just yet just as Allura shows zero signs of hoping in a lion.

replace alura with mihoshi
show improved 200%

Sven is the name of the "Black Paladin" from the original Voltron, but he piloted the Blue Lion.

Sven was Shiro's name in the dub when they turned golion in to voltron. Because a Swedish name makes more sense than a Japanese one.

Well, she also shows zero signs of hopping on my dick, but can still hope that changes.

>kat.cr

Support netflix, you cunts. Fuck you can get a free trial month to watch the show.

it's like you don't even want a second season

Allura is Mihoshi pre-traumatic event that fucked her up.

Mihoshi's dead, user.

Sven was from the original Voltron/GoLion. Shiro partially has the same name Sven has in GoLion, Shirogane.

>So is Sven a voice actor
Not too sure what you mean here.

Apparently, in the original GoLion show, he just up and died and they brought in his twin brother later.

In the original adaptation that became Voltron, he got captured and sent to the mines and then lead a resistance and busted out. They just had the twin brother footage be him when he popped back up on the show.

Either way, yeah, Shrio's lasted much longer and given how things have worked out so far, they're probably not gonna do a retread of the original show's plot beats.

>mfw i went into this show for giant robots, voltron and awesome lions
>mfw i ended up shipping people
that wasn't supposed to happen but i'm not complaining.

Based netflix, i never use it but its always there for when i need it.

Is this even any good? I watched the first episode and it was corny as fuck.

Content is region-locked, this is for anons who are not in USA.

Also all the threads I've seen have been a lot of waifufags sperging about Pidge so that ain't a good sign.

Sven was the pilot of the Blue Lion in the original Voltron. In GoLion he was a man named Shirogane who died and was replaced by his other twin who also died. Allura piloted the Blue Lion after him. Sven/Shirogane got made to Shiro who now pilots the Black Lion in place of Keith, who now pilots the Red Lion in place of Lance, who now pilots the Blue Lion in place of Sven.

Yfw when Roover

I think the whole "the lion chooses the pilot" thing means they won't be switching lions. Why alter the pilot of 3 lions just to be like the original? Really hope they don't.

First episode is probably the worst in terms of pacing and characterization. Later ones are a lot more reasonable.

>Not too sure what you mean here.
Well I was thinking if something happened to Shiro's VA outside the the show that might prompt Dreamworks to kill his character or telegraph that he's not going to be there much longer.

About to watch the show, but I noticed, did they make the princess black? Or is that a new character?

I CRIED SO HARD WHEN ROBOT DRONE THINGY THAT NEITHER THE AUDIENCE NOR THE CHARACTERS HAD ANY REASONABLE ATTACHMENT TO DECIDED TO KILL ITSELF

LIKE THIS IS YOU CRI EVRYTIEM ; _ ;

even more poorly executed the fi's dead in skyward sword

Which is just a roundabout way to make their mismatched suit/lion colors make sense if Shiro get's killed off.

Or it means we get to have an ep or two of Keith and Lance trying to earn their new Lion's respect or whatever.

i was gonna make a post about him a while ago.
i forgot.
just like everyone else.
----

But seriously he didn't had to die lol, he could just have pushed the villain or tried to flew downwards and away from the platform.
He didn't have to deactivate itself.

So why did that one Galran in the last episode turn traitor on the Central Command and let the heroes escape at the end?

Alteans are dark skinned elf people now.

That's a bit of a leap, user. What are the chances of that happening?

but how would we inject 20 seconds of sap?

My three word review is 'dumb, but fun.'

It improves after the first episode and they stop having to establish everything. It's not great writing, but the characters are fun and their banter plus some decent action makes it worth watching if that's your sort of thing. There are a few fun twists and it never becomes outright boring or tedious to watch like some shows (though this is at the expense of any real sci-fi elements bar one or two rare exceptions).

I didn't want to feel things for a Robot dying.

Why would anything happen to Josh Keaton specifically?

We don't even know if that robot was sentient.

Beep Boop...

Take this shit to Sup Forums.

It was certainly no Lanos. ;_;7

The odds that Shiro dies are looking low. They seem to be setting up Allura for a support role, especially since she controls so much stuff in the castle. And they really emphasized team bonding in the first few episodes, so it seems like they are going to go with this team. Plus they already have a girl on the team with Pidge.
It would be a bad idea for this show to start doing things just because the old one did.

Except for the Kiwi one.

but its a cartoon reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Damnit. No Lotor yet. Still... I wonder if that last Admiral at the end was working for him... I immediately thought it would be him. But damnit, it clearly isn't.

Still. Cannot wait for him to be introduced. And cannot wait to learn the backhistory.

Also, my god. Allura is best waifu. When she reveals her species can shapeshift... my god.

Nigga I didn't read the VA list, with the way a lot of people were talking about him I thought something happened to him in real life because otherwise shit made no sense.

It's a fucking anime.
Get this shit off Sup Forums or go back to your Toonami threads, you Sup Forums rejects.

I laughed. They never bothered to give it personality or make us care for it, so the little bit of forced drama they stuck in was amusing. Pidge does need a new robot sidekick though.

Its enjoyable and nonoffensive, in a good way.

Also has good waifu potential, if you are into that sort of thing. Really not a bad show at all. Never gets worse than average at any point, and hovers around good most of the time.

Kieth is actually a brain damaged Lotor in exile.

But user is legitimately a cartoon.

He's trying to make a power play. He think if he can capture Voltron himself he can challenge Zarkon, because he knows shit about Voltron or Zarkon's connection to it.

>Lanos

Aw, shit.

its a cartoon made by a western studio dumbass

>Keith
You fucking what when?

Shiro and Zarkon having a rivalry is both huge and glorious. Really looking forward to that. Means the rivalry between Keith and Lotor will be all the more personal.

I honestly don't know what you're even asking. People speculated Shiro would die because of the original show, it doesn't have anything to do with VAs iirc. And sort of because he was the daddy of the group, the experienced one who would have to be taken out of the picture so that others like Keith and Lance would have to learn to step up or something like that.

I think he means Shiro.

Are there any Sky High of Murder or Barnabatman making people bleed jokes or has that show's fandom given itself all the way to the fujo no-fun-allowed side?

Lance/Pidge

>western studio
*korean studio
Americans cannot into anime.

The creators of GLTAS thought there was nothing wrong with leaving Lanos in to be torched under guardian care.

Nah. Hunk/Pidge.

He thought Sven was the name of the voice actor and that people were talking about the voice actor dying/retiring/leaving the show. It's been cleared up.

so.. should i watch it?

>Shiro never told any of his team they were pretty good

supposedly ordered by the fleet general to either make the druids lose favor or prevent Zarkon from being powerful enough to resist a future coup

I thought hunk was getting that rockpussy

The koreans animated it, but it was written and storyboarded by white piggu. Like most western cartoons for 2-3 decades.

Possibly under the orders of Lotor? Afterall. Allura is his Waifu.

Keith can activate Galran hand biosensors without borrowing one of those robot mook hands. He's probably part Galran or Zarkon gave him alone privileged access for some reason.

Yes

Did we ever learn how Shiro escaped? I assume he's referred to as champion because he shrekt people in the arena.

No, Shiro is a ligate badass who escape was orchestrated. Kieth should have had no reason to booby trap the desert to make his daring rescue, he shouldn't have been able to feel the blue lion or operate the Galra doors without using or being Galra himself. He has no family memories either.

>koreans animated it
That explains why the animation looks decent compared to most western shit.

Zarkon being the original pilot of the Black Lion is freaking awesome though.

On episode 4 and I really like red, green, and black. I don't care for blue.
This is the only Voltron I've ever seen.

I honestly can't see myself shipping Pidge with any of the Voltron crew. Pidge and Hunk are tech buddies, Shiro is like an older sibling, and Lance and Keith don't really interact that much with her more than they do with the others.

It's not the worst way to spend six hours.

>lance/pidge

I wish but my country managed to get their hands on netflix but fucked up when 90% of the shit I wanted to watch wasn't there

>Lance/Keith
They shared a moment.

Whats wrong user? Can't handle best ship?

He snuck off somehow after memorizing the guards' patrol patterns.

only ship I care about

Keith held Lance in his arms!

Nope. It's been left unanswered. A big part of this mystery too is how Zarkon eventually learned the Lions were still around and got the Red one. They're probably related. Like, someone stumbled across the Red one and Zarkon's people found out.

We also don't know the connection between Shiro arriving on earth, the aliens arriving, and the Blue lion being there. It seems likely the Galra were chasing Shiro who escaped back to earth to warn them, and the Lion was there because of destiny.

We do get a bit near the end of the season where he remembers he learned the robot patrol patterns while captured, which probably helped his escape. Might all be a double bluff though and he's a sleeper agent. But that seems at odds with how Zarkon is going about capturing the Lions.

you cannot stop it user.

His character is also Zuko light, all were missing is a perminate mark of shame and a connection to the evil empire. Him being Lotor would give him some depth besides their preparing some TWIST with him.

>Allura shapeshifts a cock.
>Takes Pidge's virginity.

If by best you mean most generic, overused drek than sure.

Ah, that's right. I forgot the mention of them being all sentries.

As for the escape though the previous user was right, he mentions it to Allura when they're infiltrating.

plus you really have to do a lot of work to move the lions around now that they all have mental links.

you have to shift Keith to black and Lance to red and that's more work than swapping a foot pilot

Keith had some vague thing about sensing the Blue lion and predicting Shiro's eventual arrival the same way. Seems like a set up to having weird Quintessence sensitivity, which might play into being a weird alien.

It is true we've gotten nothing from him in terms of his background. Not even why he was expelled, I think.

Loving every laugh.

You are aware that the koreans have been animating western cartoons for a very long time by now, right? SU, Regular Show, and AT all have koreans animating them. So did older action cartoons like JLU or BatB. Mir is simply somewhat better than the norm.

Keith and Lotor ending up being one in the same would be pretty fascinating, honestly.

>He has no family memories either.
We don't know that for sure, he's just underdeveloped as a character compared to the others. We also don't know about Lance's backstory either though he does enough stuff in the present to provide characterization for it anyway.

>Nope. It's been left unanswered. A big part of this mystery too is how Zarkon eventually learned the Lions were still around and got the Red one. They're probably related. Like, someone stumbled across the Red one and Zarkon's people found out.
My bet is they let him go in a bid to flush out Valtron hoping that someone on earth would be compatible with the blue lion. because when they killed everything to jack the red one and found they couldn't get to work they re evaluated their plans.

He mentioned that, and it's likely it played into it, but we don't actually know what happened with how he got out of his prison. The aliens were also right on his tail, so it's not like he completely escaped detection either.

I still doubt it's him being a plant, but it is interesting that we still don't really know. Probably so we can continue to get Shiro PTSD scenes.

>Shiro PTSD scenes
worst thing about the character.

>SU, Regular Show, and AT all have koreans animating them
They're animated inhouse you fucking mong.

His photo wasn't of family or friends like everyone else. Plus his motivation is a total mystery.

May have to drop Season 2 if Princess Alura doesn't get a spanking...

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz9wMd1OkXY

plus we saw him look weird when he got splashed with the goo

I did find it odd that during the meditation everyone was thinking about family or food, but Kieth kept thinking abou that shitty energy map