Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Storytime (Part 4)

Now, I know what you're thinking Anons.
>"These Deadly Hands of Kung Fu stories are pretty good, but weren't you doing a Power Man and Iron Fist storytime? What does this series have to do with them?"

WELL LOOK WHO'S FINALLY SHOWED UP!

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/NCwadfW.jpg
i.imgur.com/XEsELfU.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Since I have the day off today, and I missed yesterday, let's try and catch up on what we SHOULD'VE done yesterday if my modem didn't decide to stop working, shall we?

>Steel Serpent

No, this isn't Davos. For some reason, there's just another dude called the Steel Serpent in Marvel, completely unrelated to the other one.
This makes the Warlock situation seem normal.

And he's also a guy Iron Fist fights. Do you think this gets confusing?

Loving you, user. You're a chill bro.

So assuming this is supposed to be Professor Wing, this takes place early in Iron Fist's series, before he met the Steel Serpent that actually becomes relevant.

Stop, you'll make me blush, user.

Okay, so this page is weird. I think that top panel is the only time Marvel ever implies that Yu-Ti is actually a physical fighter, at least enough to take out a guy who seems to be a big deal.

... How does this help your plan? "Give me the throne of K'un Lun or I kill Iron Fist?" Based on what we've seen of Yu-Ti, he'd probably call you on that, and then he'd apparently kick your ass anywa.

And this is a shortened version of Danny's origin for those who weren't here when we did it the first time.

I once had my foot stepped on by a fat kid with soccer cleets. Spiked boots must be more pain than can possibly be imagined.

I would really love to see an artist who is good at drawing fight scenes do an Iron Fist book. I only know of two maybe three western artists who excel at it, on of them used to draw Batgirl ( Cassandra Cain). Damian Scott i think his name was.

As I said last time we saw her, Mommah Rand is fucking hardcore. Hell, this version even has her say that when they both get out, they're BOTH going to kill him.

Do you mean you want one to do it today, or are you criticizing his older books? Because the older stuff (and that's where we're still at) had some good action.
That said, I may just have a poor eye for such things, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

>"If there is anything you want, speak it and we shall try and grant it."
>"I want revenge."

Remember, he's fucking nine.

Since it doesn't seem to ever be mentioned outside the early days, I want to point it out once more.
Shou-Lao was made to basically be immortal. His heart was removed from his body and it sent its chi to the dragon, specifically to the scar on its chest. What Danny (and every other Iron Fist) did to beat him was cover the scar with his own body, preventing the chi from entering the dragon, until it died. Then they went to the heart itself, pounded their hands into the heart until they took the Chi into their own body. The Iron Fist power isn't Danny's own chi, but the Chi of the Shao-Lao, and THAT is what can be stolen.

I just realized, we never actually see what happened to the cape. I wish he'd wear that more often.

So this whole "Death Blow" thing reminds me of that one BTAS episode.

Okay, I get he's a big kung fu master, but how does he know how to work such complex machines?!

what

Well, he may have gotten his ass kicked, but Bob doesn't seem to mind too much.

You got your Doctor Strange in my Kung Fu comic!

Good work user. Shame we'll never get a Cass Cain & Iron Fist crossover due Marvel & DC not willing to do crossovers.

I'd settle for Richard Dragon vs. Shang-Chi, but we won't get that either.
Truly we live in the darkest of timelines.

We'll always have those two or three drawfag pics of Cass in the green and yellows.

Wait, what? I need to see this.

I'm confused. Google tells me that "Amerika" is a word used to refer to a super liberal and communist america (like what Sup Forums thinks America would become if Bernie wins). But this guy seems to be the exact opposite of the kind of guy who'd use that word. Was it just a typo?

A couple of drawfags drew Cass dressed as Iron Fist a few eons ago:
i.imgur.com/NCwadfW.jpg
i.imgur.com/XEsELfU.jpg

The classic look with extreme cleavage looks silly on women, but the Immortal Iron Fist costume looks great.
Was this before Bendis and The Living Weapon gave him the shit ones, or did some good taste anons not request them?

Way, way before. I think it was right after the end of Immortal Iron Fist.

I get that this was a serious deal in the 70's, but 40 years later I find this entire concept hilarious, mostly because I doubt the kind of students who would hold these views would actually start a legit riot instead of just whining on social media.

IIF costume is pretty, regardless the gender. It was Aja, right? That guy know his stuff.

So do you think Fu Manchu has the same monkey and half-naked woman with him every time, or do you think he has one at each base?

Who's the idiot throwing rocks?

You taking a night off, and Sup Forums breaking let me catch up!

Sons of the Tiger is, overall, a stronger narrative. Much better internally connected than Shang Chi. Shang's somewhat alien kung fu Jesus thing is fun, but outside of the arc where he moves to LA, is kinda disjointed. Maybe it reads better with the comic series as a companion?

I haven't actually read Master of Kung Fu. I know the Sons of the Tiger barely appear outside of this, so they get more development here, as they don't have to worry about stepping over other writer's toes.

For a second, I thought Donahue was Iron Fist. Maybe like a previous Incarnation.

And speaking of "Kung Fu Jesus", here's Shang-Chi taking a bullet for an ungrateful little shit.

Alien Jesus, you say? Gives me ideas for after we finish this...

It's not until Immortal Iron Fist that it is made clear that there were other Iron Fists. One run seems to state that there never were, but only if you think about what is said in it.

Is this guy supposed to be familiar?

>Gives me ideas for after we finish this...

There's a graphic novel version of Stranger in a Strange Land?

No, and I have no intentions of saying what it is because it'll be months until we actually get to it, depending on if I'm going to spare you from Bendis's Luke Cage.

>"And in growing Giant I have also developed a tan."

Remember when this was just three guys fighting the ninjas who killed their kung fu master? Look at where we're at now.

So this basically turns "Steel Serpent" into a title for any failed Iron Fist candidate, doesn't it?

Speaking of relatively modern Luke Cage, did you all see the storytime for Azzarello's Cage MAX that was posted a few days ago?

>

When it's deleted from the archives in a little over a week, check for "Cage Storytime" by "MKdude".

There's really only the two guys. I feel like an editor should've told one of them to change the name, since it's not like they had a copyright to worry about.

>James Bond

Oh fuck off, that doesn't count as Kung Fu!

Lei Kung looks like he forgot something important and just remembered it.
Like, "Oh shit, I forgot to feed Zhou's dog for the three weeks he'd asked me too"

Is that one user who's been asking for Rudy Nebres attending tonight? Because he's finally here!