Friday the 13th general

Get in here and discuss the Friday the 13th movies and also the game if you feel like it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWKLKs4OUtI
youtube.com/watch?v=8xSrUgv13L8
youtube.com/watch?v=u4b8XD3VymU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Old thread
Anyone played the game yet? Every review i've seen says it's a very unpolished game.

Yeah, I think the tree stump shrine is going to make it in there.

Man the part 9 mask is like my least favorite one.

I don't have much interest until the add single player.

The consensus seems to be that it's fun but buggy, and of course it's MP only at the moment. It's probably most fun if you're a diehard fan of the series. Haven't tried it myself yet.

The game is fun and Jason is no longer so overpowered now that people are learning how to use the counselors and know more about the game mechanics.

It can be fun, but my gods the bugs are everywhere.

This. I hate multiplayer.

I'd like to see a part 9 face and mask with the body of part 7 with the chain and in Manhattan

So is that reboot definitely shitcanned for good?

Me too and on top of that apparently the game isn't fun or doesn't really work unless you have a mic.

Bump

They might be waiting to see how Danny McBride's Halloween does.

Shitcanned by Paramount, yes. However New Line will have the rights to Jason back pretty soon.

>Danny McBride's Halloween
I'm sorry what

Yep, he and David Gordon Green are writing the new Halloween movie.

I've watched it a bit on twitch and I like what I see but i just don't think it's currently worth the price. Maybe if they add more content, but until then no.

>Another New Line F13

Great. What's next? Judd Apatow's Hellraiser? Will Ferrel's Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

I'm cautiously optimistic for that. Carpenter is on board and sounds enthusiastic, but it's easy to be enthusiastic when you're getting paid.

I actually have high hopes for it. Gordon Green came from a dramatic background before he started doing comedy and McBride is a good writer.

Also i think i read somewhere that John Carpenter personally approved whatever "fresh" ideas they had for it. But of course he also famously doesn't care what studios do with sequels/remakes of his stuff as long as he gets paid

It does sound terrible at a glance, but apparently he and the director are huge fans and they came up with a great idea for a script.

Carpenter is on board as a producer but I doubt he has too much involvement other than helping bounce some ideas around.

He might be doing the music. That'd be cool.

Freddy > Jason

This. I hate MP games. Oh and also I pirate all my games

I wonder if they will add DLCs that bring other slasher monsters, or just leave that to the modders

You can play as Michael Myers in Dead by Daylight, I think.

Also, you can play online if you pirate F13, but only with other pirates.

Stop posting about the video game for a while and recommend me some fun and gory slashers

Terror Train
Chopping Mall
Sleepaway Camp
Stage Fright

Seen all of these already

Thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=BWKLKs4OUtI

Essential Campkino that isn't F13:

The Burning
Sleepaway Camp
Cheerleader Camp
Piranha

Does it have to be a slasher or can it just be horror in general?

Horror in general is fine
The last two i saw were The Video Dead and Stage Fright (the Aquarius or whatever) and i thought they both were pretty boring

>Carpenter is on board
Carpenter is on board for anything that gives him money. He gives zero fucks.

Rob Zombie was a huge fan too.

Yeah it was canned when Rings bombed horribly.

>He gives zero fucks
Would you say that he's... all outta fucks?

Yeah but Rob Zombie is also a ridiculous cartoon character of a person and his movies reflected that.

I'd say he ran out of fucks right around the time Ghosts of Mars flopped.

I haven't seen it yet but i've heard that it's in the so-bad-it's-good territory because it almost was an "Escape from Mars".
Picrelated was the only notable thing for me from that other early 2000 Mars movie

I haven't seen it in years but I remember it being fun. It's more like Assault on Precinct 13 (in space) (with ghosts).

sounds great! Horror movies have changed, they can't take themselves too seriously anymore. Horror movies now a days need a little bit of self awareness. Look at the success of Get Out compared to Rings. I'd be really down for a new era of horror remakes that have a bit of self awareness. Holloween sounds promising. I'd really want to see someone like Phil Lord or Joss Weadon write a Friday the 13th movie

It's fucking great, buy it if you're a fan desu

Will the hack frauds do a F13 episode or something to cash in on the current renewed interest? Jay loves the series right?

Never saw any Jason kino
Where should I start and what should I avoid

You're the worst kind of horror fan.

Ok, how about

House
From Beyond
The Hitcher
976-EVIL
Christine
Prince of Darkness

Kane Hodder is best Jason and anyone who thinks otherwise is a soon to be dead whore.

At least watch the first 4, if you like those, then watch the entire series. Just be aware that there are a few pretty shitty movies in there and the series in general is schlocky b-level slasher goodness.

>Babby's First Horror Movies

You haven't mentioned a single non-obvious horror movie to me yet.

I don't know why I even bothered asking.

I'm sensing a lot of sarcasm here but I actually think they'll do a much better job than Rob Zombie. Zombie's problem was that he's too into sleazy grindhouse horror. I think McBride and Gordon Green's version will be a lot more faithful to Carpenter's style.

Well, you didn't specifically ask for obscure shit. You just asked for recommendations.

ghost on mars is fucking terrible

>I don't know why I even bothered asking.
What the fuck, i asked him, not you

noroi
seeding of a demon
lake mungo

That and he went to great pains to over explain Michael Myers.

You sound like you unironically say "person of color" and regularly use twitter

*pisses in your trailer*

Psshh...nothin' personnel, kid

I would absolutely watch a horror movie written/directed by Lord and Miller. Those guys are fucking talented.

I keep seeing this. Can I get the backstory?

youtube.com/watch?v=8xSrUgv13L8

>Judd Apatow's Hellraiser? Will Ferrel's Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

this made me laugh. thanks user

This is true. Still love jason and f13 though. Nightmare on Elm Street game when?

There's a really shitty NoES game for NES made by LJN but I suspect that's not what you're after.

I think the only real story to it is that Kane would go into peoples' trailers while they were out and piss all over them, just to fuck with the rest of the crew. That's about it.

Hodder would piss in the trailers of Jason's next onscreen victims. I don't know if his costarts hated him for it or what.

Better personality than Justin bieber desu

should've probably specified "new" NoES game. One in the same vein as the F13 game would be rad. I do think that we'll probably get one at some point, seeing how the F13 game appears to be doing really well.

This was what i imagine a Nightmare on Elm Street game to be like:

youtube.com/watch?v=u4b8XD3VymU

I don't think it's feasible. Jason is a very straight forward villain. He walks up and stabs people. Freddy's kills are really just limited by his imagination.

>before he started doing comedy
It's not the problem that he makes comedies
It's the problem that he makes TERRIBLE comedies

The best route to take for a NoES game would be to have the player characters be the dream warriors, each with a different set of skills.

Agree to disagree. I think East Bound and Down is one of the top 5 best comedy series of the last decade.

I feel like 4 Scream movies were enough. I don't need every slasher to be self-aware.

This. I could also see a first-person single player game working. Something like a mix between , PT, and Outlast

More self-awareness is the last thing horror films need. The amount of "It's a very self aware movie, now let's make jokes about black guys dying first and hehe no sex you guys" is just stalling good horror films.

Instead of getting interesting stuff, we get films that must reference other classic horror "cleverly" or use certain tropes to show they're in the know.

Seriously, Scream was the only film to get it right because it was actually scary and didn't completely sabotage itself with constantly eye-rolling self-awareness. Cabin in the woods is the pinnacle of this, not scary at all but "aware" of it's self so therefore great.

Yeah, this. Scream is great. Cabin in the Woods is utter shit.

I recently rewatched Scream for the first time in years and it's held up great.

>The game is fun and Jason is no longer so overpowered
So he can't literally *teleports behind you* while you're looking straight at him anymore? Until that's gone it's a pretty broken addition to the franchise from my perspective.

Yeah, with the first scene of Scream and the finale in particular, Cabin in the Woods has no equivalent scenes or anything of that quality in the entire thing

>But hey guys, remember those "spooky" twins from The Shining™, we've got a great cameo. Hey, look iiiiiiiit's Pinhead guys. Remember Hellraiser™ guys, what a great film. Make sure you keep your eyes open for my fun Easter Eggs.

Whedon is such a hack

In the games defence, Jason literally walks at a snail's pace. I think it's still fair, even if a little immersion shattering, for the game's sake. Him running would really mess the balance up even though he runs in the films

Which ones does he run in?

He's as much a producer as Stan Lee is in the Marvel movies.

Some Jason version do run though

He was called, Jason.

2 and 3.

I remember he ran a fair bit in part 3. I watched them in a random order so was a bit surprised to see him run in one of them. Pretty sure he does some casual jogging in 2 & 4 as well, even the game backs it up apparently

There really needs to be a balance tho. The reason so many horror sequels suck ass is because the killer ends up being the most interesting character in the movie, as opposed to an obstacle the characters can overcome. What's so hard about writing some likable, fleshed out characters so the when they die, we actually feel for them rather than cheer

Most fun I've had with a game in a while, but it's not perfect and won't be on anyone's game of the year list.

It's fun as hell to play with friends, or a group of people, and there was tons of attention to details in the movies. Recognizable Kills, all the detail in each Jason and map, even loading screens just feel like Friday the 13th.

The bugs are being worked out with updates, but it's still far from perfect. There is a learning curve but people are generally willing to help out new friends.

Get it if your a fan of the series, wait for it to go on sale if it just sounds like an interesting game/10

Yeah the games adapted each trait from each particular movie.

I fucking like that grisly Jason Goes to Hell look. Shame he's barely in the film tho.

I want to play it so bad honestly. Dead by Daylight's Haddonfield map also looks pretty good.

It's great, especially if everyone is using mics. Most fun I've had in an MP game in a while senpai

His mangled potato head was never my favorite to be honest. Part 7's my dude.

Post the rest of them pls.

Part VI Jason Lives
Friday the 13th
Part IV The Final Chapter
Part VIII Jason Takes Manhattan
Part VII The New Blood
Part III
Part II
Friday the 13th (2009)
Jason Goes to Hell
Part V A New Beginning
Freddy Vs. Jason
Jason X

I'll post what I have, sure.

Part III lower than VII and VIII? Damn, son.

I've said in all these threads that Part 3 would be much improved with Shelley and Vera as the leads and both of them surviving. They're the only ones that had actual chemistry.

I had a british Jason the other day and it was quite possibly the greatest thing ever.

I had a Jason the other day who had one direction fan in his name and her played one direction songs the entire match. I was running from him calling him a casual 1d fan for only playing singles.

Also Chad and everything about him is just the fucking greatest.