Hey Sup Forums how about some Hellboy?

Hey Sup Forums how about some Hellboy?

How is everyone doing today?

The Crooked Man is so good. Wish Hellboy explored American mythology a bit more.

Yeah that would have been nice but I don't think Mignola had the passion for it like he did the European stuff. I mean he clearly does love it as you can tell in this book but if you asked Mignola about a holy plethora of European stuff he'd rattle off, if you asked him about a lot of Americana he'd still go on and on but less so. If that makes sense.

Did he ever get into Native American stuff? I don't recall reading any. Feel like there's tons of potential there.

Not that I recall, he did Mexican stuff so Mayan a bit and a handful of African Stuff. He did a bit of Asian too like the Pennangalan

my favorite one off hellboy story nice OP

It is quite a nice one I think. One of my go tos to get someone into Hellboy,

Tom is the fucking man.

Good

Glad to hear it!

I find either this, the one where the baby gets stolen, or the Conqueror Worm is the best for evangelizing

The Corpse is THE quintessential Hellboy story I think.

I've always wanted to use the corpse as a starting point to write Hellboy+Labyrinth crossover

Lol Hellboy wouldn't not put up with Jareth's shit.

Would not rather

Not a big fan of this style. Mignola style is just so good

Corben is better suited for a story like this I think. The waxy melting quality he brings to horror is so amazing for the twisted shape of the crooked man.

>You have thirteen hours to save the child
>hellboy just walks away saying "blah, blah, blah"
>ludo wants to be his friend because the Right Hand of Doom is made of rocks
>fireys trying to pull off his horns and hand
It writes itself.

Yeah but depending on what point in his life it is Hellboy would likely just break through the labyrinth. Like if it happened after The Mole he'd be so done.

>joke goblins
>Hellboy

I just don't see the mix. Jareth wasn't evil, he was suppressing Sarah's awakening to adulthood

Neither were the fae that took Alice in The Corpse, they even granted her eternal life and hung out with her for over 50 years. Shit, they were even goblins that stole her away.

This one takes place in my neck of the woods so it has a special place in my heart.

>mfw abes series made this story important

The Mignolaverse is great at that.