TFW you don't get into the University course you applied for due to not meeting the "English Requirement."

>TFW you don't get into the University course you applied for due to not meeting the "English Requirement."

Be warned, this is a bit of a rant.

I've thought for years that our education system's fixation on "English" being so important and paramount is ridiculous, and so it appears that I have been vindicated. Specifically the VCE system (Victoria, Australia) as I am unaware of how other states or indeed other countries handle it. It doesn't even make sense to have it as a requirement for any course outside of specifically language and English-focused subjects, or something like Philosophy. As it stands, you can be a total genius in all other fields (not that I was, but this is hypothetical) and be unable to study what you desire (or at least find it significantly more difficult to obtain the opportunity to) because your analysis of the Author's intended message behind three excerpts from a book don't quite line up with what the examiner thinks. Alternatively, your handwriting is too bothersome for them to read.

It should go thusly:
>Did you successfully graduate High School?
Yes.
>Did you meet the aggregate score requirement from all your subjects for this course?
Yes.
>Is this course one wherein English would be particularly important?
No.
>Proceed to next stage.

Not that there aren't other changes that need to be made. Your four highest subjects contribute all their mark to your final "score", and the next two (or three) contribute 10%. Except actually, for reasons unknown to man, it's your three highest/best subjects + an English subject that must always be in those fully contributing four. Why? As I stated, it is unknown. There is no possible reason beyond arbitrary awfulness. Sadly, there is no focus on education from politicians beyond "Make it Better! (How? We don't know!) so I cannot imagine the problem will ever be fixed.

Maybe it was just a bad test day? your English seems perfect.

Fuck off Chink.

If you havent passed the little requirements than you are not fit for that course,simply as that.

What race are you?

I have a mate that's a fucking genius when it comes to maths and science, also really eloquent and capable verbally, he can't spell his way out of a wet paper bag though. Couldn't get into mech engineering.
He worked a zillion bum jobs, then went in as an adult learner at 28.
He has aced everything so far.
Maybe look at doing the same?
Bonus is, by the time you study, like my mate, you can finance the whole thing with savings, and will get out with no loan, ages more 'experience' and will be far more inclined to commit to your studies.

if you don't have the necessary grasp of English for any course in an English speaking university, of course you don't deserve a place

fucking idiot

> 23 yr old Victorian here.

Faggot, failing your English requirement shows that you cannot:
> Comprehend a simple fictional novel
> Analyse a common newspaper article critically
> Communicate effectively in English (and sorry chink but most non-retard level jobs require your writing to make sense)

There's a reason a lot of courses require a decent English score. In the real world, English skills are utilised much more often than Math or Science.

When I was in English I had a lot of fun watching you dumb fucks embarrass yourselves, miss out on your dreams.

>Than

Australian-born English/German/Scottish.
Before you ask as Sup Forums is wont to do, my skin is as white as the driven snow.

Perhaps that's the path of action I will have to take. I'd prefer to not have to and am currently looking into alternate possibilities, but it is nice to know that things can be done that way.

I'm a native speaker, English is my first and essentially only language. It's not my "grasp of the language" that's the problem. The problem is that my "grasp of the language" is reflected through a score obtained in a subject that wasn't assessing my "grasp of the language" in the first place.

This is to filter spergs from ever succeeding. No one cares if you're the next Tesla, you bird feeding weirdo. Learn to socialize, or exit the mammalian order.

The capacity to function properly in regards to English is proven by -passing the subject in the first-. I did not -fail-, I received a score marginally smaller than what the university has arbitrarily decided is a requirement in a subject that does not assess basic communication functionality to begin with.

Try harder, be edgier. I'm ashamed to share a state with someone as crude as you.

If you're applying for a single class, then I agree that per-requisites should only be things necessary for that class. If you're applying for a degree, I'm surprised they don't allow you to take remedial English classes.

You're a fucking dumb cunt m8

I got 45 in English

I have plenty of friends, I do not feed birds, and I am not the next Tesla. (Sadly, I am not such a genius.)

Success in the mammalian order is having many children, which I am not interested in to begin with. The white trash in a trailer park has succeeded more with their eight kids than a rich architect with one.

I didn't do English, I did Literature, because I found English boring. Apparently I am Icarus.

Didn't check the abo box: the thread

It's not a single class, it's a bachelor in a science field. I'm currently searching for alternate options, but I do not know if they exist. I would be surprised if they didn't, but I am not a particularly lucky person.

Haha, OP is white but he failed his English entrance exam. Even chinamen are able to pass their English exams

your fault then, you've got no-one else to blame but yourself

shoulda stuck with english and guarunteed yourself a 30

The communication concept still applies. You will not be able to communicate at the level required of their students.

Peepeepooppooo I no speaka da englrish prease let me in your big boy school so I can get a job.

You seem like you're trying way too hard, while at the same time admitting that you're not even competent enough to make the cut.

> I received a score marginally smaller than what the university has arbitrarily decided is a requirement

You stupid nigger, you should have received a perfect score, or near perfect score in English. You should be ashamed of yourself to get a shitty score in English.

Stop being a whiny nigger and take a remedial English class