Should they get their own comic?

Should they get their own comic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rB8XGhQXMC8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck no. But the Ghostbuster comics like to include everything ever so they will.

They should get their own cell in Guantanamo

I don't see how you could even draw Leslie Jones without it looking like a racist caricature from the 40s.

Who fucking cares.

>comic is released
>cancelled due to poor sales
>men are chastized and accused of racist misogyny for not supporting this superior femme work of art
>women are given a free pass since only pathetic nerd boys read comics

God I fucking hope not.

Aww hell naw

>DA DEBIL IS DA LIIIIIAAAAHHHHH

Beautiful acting and screenplay right here. This is what happens when a few of us feminists come together to right a story, genius happens.

>It was in /every/ crack.

LOL 10/10!!!! This is some great shit right here! Can you believe those evil men thumbs downed the video?!?

>Is it the wig? I think it's the wig.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Soooooo true.

Fuck off. If I wanted to read a comic about a bunch of are-they-arent-they lesbians fighting mythical creatures I'd buy that god awful Hellcat series Marvel won't let die. Just because a premise is bad doesn't mean people are bad for not liking it.

I honestly feel bad for the black woman. This is her first major role and she's already being typecast into "That black lady" doesn't help that she's not very attractive.

Every black woman who works in comedy is typecast in to that role. Unfortunately this movie is about empowering woman, not blacks, so no one is allowed to bring up how the racist it is to have the only black woman on the team be a fucking trope from the 1980s

maybe they'll find a funny writer that way.

She is also the only one that is trying.

ohh i cant wait to see this in the headlines

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I really want this movie to succeed and be funny, just to prove the sexists wrong once and for all. Unfortunately it smells like a complete turd, and I can't even mention that under my own name because it'd make me a misogynist goobergobber etc. etc.

You know what? I'd totally be willing to read a comic with them with some good and actually funny writing. The movie is bad because it's poorly made, poorly cast and poorly written, not because the concept is impossible to do well.

>sexists

The nay saying over this movie has nothing to do with sexism. It's was a bad idea to bring back a beloved franchise with none of the original cast as even a fucking cameo coupled with a god awful writer and three of the most unfunny woman in comedy. All it needed was Amy Schumer and it would be dead in the fucking water.

Ghostbusters characters
>Lackadaisical front-man with street smarts and a deadpan approach to the supernatural
>Enormously enthusiastic believer in the paranormal who quotes the bible despite being agnostic
>Laconic, serious and systematic researcher unused to social interaction
>Strong, capable former marine who will believe in anything for a paycheck

All-Female Ghostbusters characters
>The wacky one
>The wacky one
>The wacky one
>The blacky one

Realistically, how much do you think this movie will make?

>It's was a bad idea to bring back a beloved franchise with none of the original cast as even a fucking cameo
Supposedly the surviving original cast DOES cameo just not as their characters.

We already have a Ghostbuster comic with a mostly female team that is waaaay better so no.

>original cast DOES cameo
>just not as their characters.

Bout three-fiddy in pity bux from castrated nu-males who go because they think they're supporting feminism.

The loudest people when it was announced and before it was confirmed to be bad were the sexists so they get used as a shield against all criticism. Only the biggest nerds like you actually care about cameos and shit, that doesn't matter at all if it's good. But most people after seeing the trailers now do agree that it's just another shitty remake not worth watching though so it will fail.

The loudest people in anything are the group no one should listen to.

Don't feel bad for her, that's her actual personality

is the 'Janine' character a dude at least?

Nice victim complex bro

are you living under a rock? He's Thor

>The nay saying over this movie has nothing to do with sexism.
Is this motherfucker serious? It started the moment the movie was announced, before even the cast and story was known, just "all-female Ghostbusters remake." It had EVERYTHING to do with sexism.

And then when details started coming out, people who would ordinarily naysay kept quiet, while the roar of the sexists mounted and is now deafening. And the internet echoed and amplified everything, so now if you're a Decent Human Being you'll agree that anyone who doesn't praise this movie as superior to the original wants to turn society into the Handmaid's Tale. All of this before anyone outside of Sony has even SEEN the fucking movie.

Yes, I mad.

>The loudest people when it was announced and before it was confirmed to be bad were the sexists
Honestly I'm starting to wonder if that was even real pushback or if it was manufactured because of how concentrated and organized the defense of the movie is.

Nah senpai. The loudest were the Ghostbuster fans who hated the idea of a reboot. If this was a sequel or spinoff nobody would care.

>Ayy' remember this franchise you loved? We replaced the everything, you're a stupid fucking sexist man-pig if you don't like it though :^)

Yes. Played by Chris Hemsworth who is their air-headed blonde secretary who takes his shirt off several times for no reason.

You know, exactly like Janine Melnitz used to do, because she was an idiot made to ridicule women.

I've never actually watched the trailer, and I will not watch the movie, I'm not even going to torrent it when it comes out on dvd

Sony was caught red-handed deleting negative comments from the trailer but leaving all the ones that were 'sexist'

should get their own gas chamber

I wouldn't be surprised. Still, it won't make any money so it was wasted effort in the end.

Okay then let me rephrase it for all the shitlords.

Since the trailer was released, legitimate complaints about this movie have more ground to stand on while sexist complaints seem less prevalent.

>sexist complaints
No such thing, buttercup.

hi Tumblr

>just "all-female Ghostbusters remake."
When that's how the studio itself is marketing the thing from the second of announcement it smacks of them engineering this exact response.

And if they're willing to do that why not just false flag it themselves? The fact that Cracked, Buzzfeed, and Gawker continue to exist prove that you can monetize outrage culture. Why not make the outrage yourself?

And yet people do. We have assholes who go around digging up niche and sometimes outright false comments on tumblr and twitter to post to Sup Forums and get mad about.

>Ghostbusters
>fans

let's not go crazy here

Yes. A very smexy dude.

>pathetic nerd boys read comics
But this is true. And i am one of them

see

was just rewording my stance to be more accurate, didn't mean to trigger you.

>Gawker
>continue to exist

They're filing Chapter 11 and selling the company to pay for Hogan's lawsuit settlement.

They had their own comic from idw for years now.

But wait, the All-Female Ghostbusters film deliberately made sure no men would get leading roles, and the only man in the cast is a hypersexualized idiot.

So this movie is actually much more sexist than the original film.
That's pretty fucking disgusting in the current year.

It should be banned, sexism like that is on the wrong side of history.

Man, I really wish James hadn't put his face out there, this was all these people were needing, a very public face to take aim at, and he gave himself to them in a silver plate.

This is wrong. The best way to overcome oversexualising woman is to sexualise men just as much. Although putting an insanely sexy man in a movie with four complete dumpster fires is a step backwards.

Can't be sexist agaist males senpai

Sup Forums actually had a heated debate over whether she said "Da debil is alive" or "Da debil is a liar"

>Tantrum
>Rage
>Hissy-fit
AVGN was calm and collected through the entire video, he didn't even change his tone of voice, you're supposed to be journalists, you have to know the meaning of words to do that.

I'm glad he did because he set an example of how to really address these issues: vote with your wallet and don't stoop to acknowledging the enraged outcry.

They're not dead until I can't even get cached pages.

>All this because the Angry Video Game Nerd doesn't want to see the film

jesus fucking christ

What I read was
>Should they get their shitty own comic?

And yet they managed.

Rule one of "journalism" is 'Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story."

he gained at least 8K subs too

user that one person is like 5% of their audience. They can't afford to have anyone drop out like that.

What I don't get is if they wanted a Ghostbusters with a new and diverse cast why not do Extreme Ghostbusters?

The characters were great and it's actually more diverse then this.

It's an obvious smear campaign, James has 2 million subscribers and a good chunk of them are Ghostbusters fans, they can't have him saying 'don't pay for this garbage' and let him get away with it. Literally within hours if even of him posting that video ALL those clickbait sites went berserk. Sony isn't even bothering to hide their schemes.

>WHINY DIAPER-WEARING SISSY BABY MAN-CHILD POOPOO BOTTOM GOOGAGAS

Jesus christ, female "journalism" is something to behold alright.

Pssssst, hey, look. The movie sucks. We've known it sucks for months. It's not funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=rB8XGhQXMC8

YOOO GET A CAAAARRR!

Nah, man. People might have actually liked that. How can we get that sweet outrage exposure out of that?

How is it tumblr to suggest that people are using sexism as a shield against criticism when the movie is legitimately bad?

He didn't read anyone he quoted.

nah, we already have enough toilet paper.

Am I sad over a manufactured controversy, or am I sad that someone took time to compile and screencap dozens of articles and tweets about it?

He's still "the Angry Video Game Nerd" which to a certain subset of the population connotes all they need to know, without even watching the video. Probably one of those fuckers who tried to murder Zoe Quinn, never mind that none of that happened the way they remember it either.

It's bad enough when Sup Forums does it, now everyone does it, and truth is dead.

You can tuck it in as much as you want dude, I'm not calling you a girl.

You know, a comic wouldn't have to deal with a shitty script. They'd probably work fine there, the people working on the comics now do good stuff.

You can pinpoint the part where Bill Murray wishes he was dead so he couldn't see that shit.

Get the artist from Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, she's good at drawing particularly unattractive and mannish black women

>All-Female Ghostbusters characters
>>The wacky one
>>The wacky one
>>The wacky one
>>The blacky one

Now hang on, maybe we're just not looking at it the right way.

We need to find a woman, possibly either a teenage girl or a soccer mom, to provide insight on these characters.

Perhaps, in the eyes of women, they truly are unique individuals.

Well there was already a Ghostbusters comic with a 3/4 female roster, so you could just read that instead.

>debil

Why do people hate Amy Schumer? I found her stand up to be really funny. Is it just because she got popular? Or did she actually become less funny after becoming popular?

>muh childhood

That's also a shitty reason to act shitty.

The only reason to hate this film should be because it looks like shit. That's reason enough to hate it.

Your childhood is always going to have happened. Crying that it's getting raped is super faggy.

People gotta stop saying bad reboots ruin your childhood. If anything shitty reboots that crash and burn only make the original thing shine all the brighter because now in addition to being great on it's own merits it's even better compared to the shitty new thing. Look at how many people watched the original Robocop when that shitty reboot came out.

I've never seen her show, but every week it's on there are like 15 articles on NYMag about how she DESTROYED the patriarchy with a comedy sketch last week. Which leads me to wonder how the patriarchy still exists after being destroyed so often.

I made a list.
Annie (2014), based on Annie (1982), 27% on Rotten Tomatoes, 134 million box office on a 65 mill budget
Arthur (2011), based on Arthur (1981), 26% on RT, almost 46 mill BO on a 40 mill budget
Carrie (2013), based on Carrie (1976), 48% on RT, 85 mill BO on a 30 mill budget
Clash of the Titans (2010), based on Clash of the Titans (1981), 28% on RT, 493 mill BO on a 125 mill budget
Evil Dead (2013), based on Evil Dead (1981), 62% on RT, 97 mill BO on a 17 mill budget
The Mechanic (2011), based on The Mechanic (1972), 53% on RT, between 62 mill and 76 mill BO depending on who you ask on a 40 mill budget
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010), based on A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), 15% on RT, 115 mill BO on a 35 mill budget
Point Break (2015), based on Point Break (1991), a whole whopping 9% on RT, 134 mill BO on a 105 mill budget
Red Dawn (2012), based on Red Dawn (1984), 12% on RT, 48 mill BO on a 65 mill budget (making it a certified flop)
Robocop (2014), based on Robocop (1987), 49% on RT, 243 mill BO on a 100 mill budget
The Thing (2011), based on and a "prequel" to The Thing (1981), 36% on RT, 27 mill BO on a 38 mill budget, certified flop no. 2
Total Recall (2012), based on Total Recall (1990), 30% on RT, 198 mill BO on a 125 mill budget
The Wolfman (2010), based on The Wolfman (1941), 34% on RT, 140 mill BO on a 150 mill budget, another certified flop

Now, I ain't saying every remake is bad, but we've got a dozen shitty, cash-grabby remakes since the turn of the decade, averaging to about one every half a year.

One of the problems that plague today's Hollywood is the lack of fresh ideas - not for lack of trying, though. It's just cheaper to re-use the ideas they already paid for - be it in the form of remakes, or movie adaptations of books/comic books/games. And, if one really wishes to save some money, they could even go for myths or public domain books.

Another problem is marketing - the costs of that one have been skyrocketing recently.
But if you take a beloved franchise from the days of yore, your audience will do your marketing for you - be it positive or negative, because there is no bad publicity. And if there is no bad publivity, you might as well save some more money on production. People will still go to see the movie, right?

Except the audience has started to prove the studios wrong. Especially since social media became a thing, word of mouth began to gain more and more importance, and if the movie is shit, people will know and they will NOT go see it. Making shitty cash-grab remakes is getting less and less profitable.

That won't do. So what's a studio to do? Work harder and make sure they make quality entertainemnt? Pffft, yeah, right.

Thankfully, social media that fucked them over gave them a way to fuck the audience over right back, and that's with third-wave feminism and other slacktivists, the masters in busting down open doors. The studios can now go full-on tokenism and use the SJWs to attack anyone who criticizes their product on the grounds of sexism, racism or any other -ism applicable, regardless of the nature of the criticism. Negative word of mouth will therefore be done away with, and the slactivists will provide the positive word of mouth, because they're to stupid to know when they're being used.

>Red Dawn (2012), based on Red Dawn (1984)

This fucking happened? Jesus christ they pump so many of these shitty movies out I can't even keep up

Why are feminists so quick to use "manchild" and similar slurs that insinuates infantile behavior when they themselves revel in acting like kids, being "quirky" and use kindergarten name-calling as their chief attack against those who don't agree with them?

people who hate the new Ghostbusters are literally Drumpf

>Evil Dead is the best of the list

Groovy, though still below the original.

You say that but it mostly hasn't worked. We'll see with ghostbusters but Fant4stic failed. If ghost busters doesn't fail, I'll honestly be surprised. SJW's for all their bullshit don't actually pay for shit.

yeah and none of those got the huge pre-release hate that Ghostbusters is getting

well i guess red dawn if you count chinese reaction

SUMMERTIME Sup Forums INVASION OF Sup Forums?

YOU'RE CRAZY!