Anyone else think this was the weakest soundtrack out of all the Disney movies we've gotten so far?

Anyone else think this was the weakest soundtrack out of all the Disney movies we've gotten so far?

>Out There sounded half-assed, like Hulce was woken up at 3 in the morning and just wanted to go back to sleep
>God Help the Outcasts was boring
>Hellfire was the only song worth listening too
>Can't even remember that other shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C78MpKB3RjU
youtube.com/watch?v=yJGqxf86cZs
youtube.com/watch?v=NL6rT8TNeuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you're from opposite world, sure.

Uh, no?

Care to elaborate?

Humchback is the GOAT Disney soundtrack.

tony jay is the best singer in this movie, i like the first part of out there where he's singing about how terrible everything is and heckfire is goat.

I just disagree is all.
> Out There sounds fucking fantastic and the instrumental is lively and the second part is some of the most uplifting stuff I've listened too
> God help the Outcasts has god tier lyrics and the key change was great, and was just a lovely ballad
> Topsy-turvy Day, Guy Like You and Court of Miracles, though less memorable, were fun
> Bells of Notre Dame is elder god tier and you know it, as was its reprise

Not to mention based Alan Menken kills the instrumental soundtrack.

guy like you is definitely the weakest song in the soundtrack but court of miracles is great

Frozen's soundtrack is way worse. Literally the only song people care about is Let it Go and even that one isn't great.

>for the first time in forever
>love is an open door
>for the first time in forever reprise
>fixer upper
>in summer

Get fucked user. Frozen's soundtrack is top notch. If you wanna look at a movie with forgettable songs, might I suggest tangled?

They were not as powerful as notre dame

I don't disagree that the soundtrack to notre dame is more moving than Frozen, but the songs definitely didn't stick with me the way that frozen's has. It also helps that I've seen Frozen way more and when I rewatched hunchback a couple months ago I didn't really like it. Great songs though, bells of notre dame is easily one of my all fave Disney songs

I couldn't stand Frozen's soundtrack. It was way too... poppy, I guess?
I'd say it didn't blend as well with the tone of the movie as the Renaissance songs did, but actually, it probably did. Which is probably why I hated Frozen.

Hellfire, God Help the Outcats and Belles of Notre Dame make it top tier.

The movie itself is horrendously wonky and doesn't really hold up but the parts that work really really damn work.

Don't forget A Guy Like You, which is the most pointless musical number in existence

At last I see the Light and the Flower song were the only good things about that movie.

>neo/co/
didn't even know it was a thing, but it's real

>Literally the only song people care about is Let it Go
Get fucked, it might be the most popular one of the lot but do you wanna build a snowman was the shit.

>nobody mentions that movie about the farm
Casuals.

>what is I've Got A Dream

>DUDE NO BALLS LMAO
>boring
>Idina's horrible screechy voice
>WOAT Disney song
>actually pretty good just because of how unexpectedly dark it is
Frozen soundtrack was pretty meh

The best part was that despite changing the original story of Hunchback and making Frollo a judge instead of a priest they didn't shy away from religious aspects and included them heavily in the songs for that badass chant-like theme we get in Bells of Notre Dame, Hellfire (especially that change prior to it and post-Heaven's Light), and God Help the Outcasts

Dude...you DO know there's a straight to video sequel, right? Even if this soundtrack sucked (it does not), the sequel's makes this one a triple grammy winner.

You want weak soundtracks? Atleast Hunchback had a much larger amount of memerable songs. From the Golden Age there wasn't a lot of great music except for a few singular examples from each movie.
Lionking had, what, The intro and Hakuna Matata?
Little Mermaid? (Poor unfortunate souls, maybe)
Cinderella?
Bambi?
Alice in Wonderland?
Sleeping Beauty?
Peter Pan, Fox and the Hound, Aladdin, etc etc etc.

We can say the same for all the direct-to-video sequels

I actually like A Guy Like You

The problem with the music in FROZEN is that it's modern day, flavor of the moment pop songs. It sounds like music that could also be included on a High School Musical or Glee soundtrack and it wouldn't be out of place

>So whats the problem?
The problem is that the music in frozen wont be timeless. Within 15 to 20 years it will sound dated.

For example the music in Oliver and company sounds so fucking 80s and non of the songs are remembered today.

People love the Frozen's soundtrack now for the same reason they like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. Because the music is current. Give it a few years and it will sound as dated as the music from The Wiz.

youtube.com/watch?v=C78MpKB3RjU

This fucking nigger is actually talking shit about best of friends. I don't know who you are user but I swear to fucking god if I ever meet you I will fucking slap you to death holy shit go fuck yourself Fox and the Hound is a GOAT movie with good ass music now fucking die

>Aladdin
Shit nigger what are you even doing?

>Meh.
>Eh.
>Meh reprise.
>Nope!
>Uh.

So what was your point supposed to be, user?

fuck you, its top tier. frozen was shit.

Lion King 2's soundtrack was great.

Thanks OP, I'm listening to the soundtrack on Spotify now.
This shits good

youtube.com/watch?v=yJGqxf86cZs
youtube.com/watch?v=NL6rT8TNeuM

I really like these two.

Uh, calling bullshit on the O&C soundtrack. Shit's still good. The only reason the songs aren't remembered is because Disney's sucky bubblegum pop singers aren't doing covers of the superior original songs.

Those are the best of the film. My Lullaby in particular is incredible.

it was weaker than its predecessors but it was the last strong soundtrack

>Shit's still good.
That you personally enjoy the music in the film is one thing. That the music in the film is remembered by the masses is another. I personally like the music in Oliver and Company but you are NOT going to hear any of the songs from the sound track while walking around ANY of the Disney them parks and there is a reason for that. Much like The Black Cauldron the film is forgotten by the masses and there for it is forgotten by The Walt Disney Company.

>I have a different opinion with this guy and because I disagree with him, it must be fact!
That's not how it works, user.

It's a catchy song