God i really love this movie

god i really love this movie.
I think it might just be my 2nd favorite movie.
thoughts on this movie????????

easily one of Carpenter's most underrated films

Definitely creepy. One of my favorite soundtracks from him too. Plus, Alice Cooper.

Very creepy
develops a great sense of dread

>God
not
>Gosh

Fucking millennials.

Had a lot of really great ideas and is fucking terrifying to dwell on, but it feels like it's missing something every time I watch it.

Egbert you fuck, i saw you die.

is it Kurt Russell?

Very underrated Carpenter-kino. Very spooky but kind of wraps up quickly and awkwardly. Final shot redeems it though.

This is not an imageboard... not an imageboard. We are using your brain's electrical system as a receiver. We are unable to transmit through conscious neural interference. You are receiving this broadcast as a shitpost. We are transmitting from the year one, nine, nine, nine. You are receiving this broadcast in order to alter the events you are seeing. Our technology has not developed a transmitter strong enough to reach your conscious state of awareness, but this is not a shitpost. You are seeing what is actually occurring for the purpose of causality violation.

Was this Carpenter's "Un Flic"? "Un Flic" (A Cop) was a late Jean-Pierre Melville film with brilliant ideas and a famous bank robbery scene, sabotaged by budget shortfalls, and ultimately skewered by an unacceptable toy helicopter for the exterior shots of the climactic train robbery scene. Had the movie found more cash, and so better effects, pretty much everyone agrees it would have been a giant.

I have a message for (You)
and you're not going to like it

Play Salieri

The soundtrack is amazing

you're amazing

And so are you!

Watched it for the first time, earlier this year like 3 days in a row because the dream sequence scene is so fucking entrancing. What was Jon Carpenter thinking?

i fucking love it as well, lad

it's honestly good like a little over half ways through, but then the pacing just gets fucked.

I really get a kick out of the scene of this guy raiding the fridge while doing his trumpet impersonation

Agreed

who could know what a god thinks

the dream sequence could've carried a whole film on its own, its fantastically effective for how simple it is