The Mummy

>see 20% on RT
>Expect absolute shit, but stuck in Florida flood rains so I have nothing better to do
>Tom isn't the annoying cunt I expected
>Sofia's past experience as a dancer lended to physically demanding scenes that added to her creepiness
>the movie itself was entertaining and even decent at times

why does RT get any kind of recognition as being a reliable gauge to judge the quality of a movie, yea this is no 5/5, but it is not the utter trash RT shills would have you believe either

It's like MSM now. People work for companies and companies need money so they people to say shit they expect their followers to like to they'll keep following them.

I saw the Baywatch movie a couple of nights ago and liked it. Laughed a lot. Not a great movie but not the kind that deserves 20% on RT. I just ignore RT now. I thought everyone did.

do faggots not understand how RT works, fucking fags like you are a plague.

Because is disappointing, you expect this movie to be about the mummy, but guess what, is a movie about Tom Cruise and how he get superpowers instead. Yay!

but user, who do you thin The Mummy really is?

Go ahead and enlighten us then faggot

All I need to know is does it do a good job setting up the Monsteravengers?

IT AGGREGATES REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE INTERNET INTO AN AVERAGE SCORE.

the site has no "reviewers". while it is retarded sometimes the outlets they choose to include in their scoring. RT doesn't do anything at all when it comes to reviewing a movie.

What kind of superpowers does Tom Cruise get?

>IT AGGREGATES REVIEWS FROM ACROSS THE INTERNET INTO AN AVERAGE SCORE.

No, you're thinking of the Avg. Score.

The Tomatometer aggregates "fresh" and "rotten," and it's a stupid to even take into consideration that Tomatometer because a movie can have a B-grade score and still be rated as "rotten," or vice versa.

It's confounding why people give a shit about the Tomatometer.

why would you expect Tom to be annoying?

He's always good in action schlock, its where he excells desu. Still think this looks dull though. I'll just wait for the next mission impossible instead. Bound to have less dodgy CGI but more of Tom doing stunts and climbing shit

it sets up that evil shit is lurking about, but it's only one movie

the first Iron Man's world building consisted of establishing SHIELD as a thing, future entries into the Dark Universe will tell if we've got something here

Absorb life energy from Mummy, revives dead Stacy and dead partner

It's bloated set piece poor cgi reliant garbage

sand manipulation, super speed and strength, immortality, ability to rez people with no apparent drawbacks, possible command over carrion and bugs,weakness to mercury

>CGI fest
actually surprisingly the movie relies more on practical effects than anything else

>decent at times
So, you'd rate this movie at about a 4/10?

18+ capeshitters

6/10

at its worst it's never outright awful

Did you guys like when Russell Crowe would alternate from Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?

WHY DEY ALWAYS GETTING WHITE PEOPLE TO PLAY EGYPTIANS? EGYPTIANS BE BLACK. WE WUZ KANGS! 0 STARZ.

the Hyde personality was good enough, but the transformation was underwhelming

why anyone trusts or respects him as the leader of the monster hunters is a massive plot hole

she's Algerian, close enough

Well it's sitting at a 4.3/10 on rt so I don't think it's anything to get worked up about

So you're just 1.7 away from the average RT score. That doesn't sound terribly inaccurate to me.

I think you're confused by the RT system; the Fresh-Rotting score is the percentage of critics that would recommend the film — it's the average rating that gives you aggregate critic rating.

A film could have a 0% Rotten score and a 4.9/10 average rating, while another film might have a 100% score and a 5.1/10 rating. This would require a complete consensus from critics, but it's not impossible.
Do you get it now?

I know how RT works, I just fail to understand why people rely on it to decide what to and what not to watch

>the early 20th century Universal monsters get a cinematic universe
>Legendary's Monsterverse gathering Kaijus for massive fights
>I live in a universe where this is all real
Quality of the films aside, I have no clue how to feel about this.

>It's confounding why people give a shit about the Tomatometer.
Because its easy meme material.

Legendary Monsterverse is on the right track, time will tell if the Dark Universe has a chance or not, the Mummy will probably not be as strong as they all hoped for, but certainly a better start than the DCU

Yeah, well, it angers me considering the Avg. Rating is right below it.

Does it get #litty?

There is a reason a movie like this is positioned a week after the Wonder Woman movie.

Tom literally got paid to promote an agenda. The female agenda.

Think about it.

FUCK YES BRAH I PISSED SO MUCH THE ENTIRE THEATER WAS FLOODED BRO UNIVERSAL MADE THIS MOVIE FOR THE FANS AND IT SHOWS I'M SO HAPPY TOM WAS IN SUCH A LIT MOVIE BRO

You know OP, you can like things other people don't.

If you liked this movie, you should be banned from watching movies.

Been feeling this recently too, that rating of WW just ruined it for me. WW was okay, certainly not BAD, but nothing remotely close to what it got.

If you didn't like this movie, you should be banned from watching movies

I like it. If your fan of Tom Cruise and Mission Impossible especially 3, 4 and sorta 5, I'd go see it. Its scarier than the original Mummy. 7.5/10, maybe 8 for others

Just saw it in theaters and it was good, the audience seemed to like it as well since they were laughing and shit. I really didn't expect the end when Cruise becomes a death god, i expected him to kill the mummy and live happily ever after with the blonde.

I'll probably watch movie movies from this verse only because I hate whedon and all the marvel movies and I hate disney overall. This monster universe pretty much wins by default.

What is the next planned entry in the Monsters\Dark universe? Anybody know?

So Tom is like a bad guy after this one? Cruise as a 100% villain could be good.

Frankenstein/Bride of Frankenstein with Javier Bardem as the creature

tentatively 2019

Too many clauses, shill. Try to sound more natural.

Ok ya that is what I have read too. WTF that seems weird to me because they have Depp/Bordem signed I think why not make the damn things?

Side note: anyone know the next Disney 'live action' remake like Beauty and the Beast?

That would be the Lion King I think.

I think it's Mulan or The Lion King.

As if either of those movies need to be remade.

I thought I stopped listening to reviewers a long time ago. Then I went and saw Wonder Woman. Holy shit that move was average as fuck. Not even the best DCEU movie.

I am going to see this movie because it looks like a fun little adventure movie. I wonder if it will have any nods to the original Mummy series.

Heading to my kinoplex this Saturday. Do I see this or Pirates 5?

I hate to admit it but I liked Beauty and the Beast. I have a feeling that was the easy one though. Is the plan to do CGI animals in a 'real' setting for Lion King? I have never even seen Mulan so that might be simple like B&B.

I did read Donald Glover is gonna be Simba and James Earl Jones is gonna be the dad.

Fuck Lion King gives me feels I can't watch it especially since my old man died in front of me.
I am checking out Pirates 5 to let Mummy die down a bit. Hoping theater is empty for Pirates.

>I liked Beauty and the Beast.
>I liked a great 90 minute movie bloated to two and a half hours for no other reason than to sell merchandise to a new generation of little girls

it has several nods if you look closely

it's gotta be Mulan, it's why Rick and Morty brought up that sauce out of nowhere

I wasn't much a fan of B&B myself, but the Mob Song in it was kino. Gaston sounds perfectly evil, it's pretty great. As for Lion King, I don't have much to say other than I hope it's good. RIP to to your dad too user. Had to go to a funeral where my friend suffered the same this week, that breaks my heart.

People who don't know 'you're' from 'your' should not be allowed to share their shit opinions.

>a show with out-there absurdist humor included a random reference to a discontinued McDonald's sauce is totally an attempt to market a new Mulan movie, because nobody has heard of Mulan before!
Okay buddy.

Hey I am not saying it was my favorite movie of all time but I was surprised how they did it.

Plus Emma is hot as fuck.
Thx user. Gaston stole the show in B&B honestly. Emma was ok. Only thing I didn't like is when Gandalf was turned back into a human I can tell McKellan is getting fucking up there.

synergy and shekels my man, nothing is random when there is money to be made and timing to be had

Roiland will do anything for a dollar, it is known

Apparently there's some ARG involving brand new packets of the sauce. No clue if either [as], Didney, or McDonald's are responsible.

I'll always watch anything No-Bomb Tom is in. This and Ap3s will be the only movies I watch this summer

>yfw Tom and his scientology hordes knock Wonder Woman off its high horse and shame the fuck out of WB for wasting so much money shilling for WW

I understand if you liked it. To me the remakes at least take me back to a time when Disney villains weren't "SIDE CHARACTER THAT BARELY GETS MENTIONED WAS THE VILLAIN THE WHOLE TIME" shite. Gaston is clearly a top tier antagonist and I hope Scar is just as amazingly evil as he was in the original.

can you Sup Forums kids promise you're not gonna go around screamin about how there's a movie conspiracy paying critics to badly review this thing

it looks bad

(but maybe i'm wrong!)

also, a lot of ''film reviewers'' are now actually just nerdy manchildren who have no taste or actual knowledge of film at all

as others in the thread have mentioned it is not nearly as bad as critics are making it out to be, to the point where WB is almost nearly overplaying their hand in trying to make WW seem more successful then it will ultimately end up being

that is some magical ass thinking my dude

what if this movie just doesnt have the kinds of things most film critics look for out of movies? is that so impossible that you have to invent a weird convoluted conspiratorial reason for this movie getting bad reviews? and if you like it, the fuck do you care if it gets bad reviews?

also hold on did we decide that WW did badly? it didn't do explosive marvel movie numbers for sure but it's had a good start and the target audience adores it, however I feel about that audience

it hasn't been out long enough to get a definitive answer to this question

objectively though it does have a very strong start going for it

I don't get why people are acting surprised. This happens literally every time some aggregator gets popular. It gets co-opted by the big companies producing the content and you can never trust it again. Happened with digg, reddit, yelp and now rottentomatoes.

I thought this movie was fucking hilarious, it was so entertaining just because of how intentionally and unintentionally funny it is and it's cheesiness adds on to that. It's not a good movie but its enjoyable

>world building
>shared universe
Why do redditors love these terms so much? Can't a movie just be a self contained story?

Just saw it it's like the Ghost Protocol of monster movies.
8/10

where do you live OP?
I'm in Kendall and have not seen any flooding

>That scene when Sofia look at Cruise while being chained down; begging him to save her and he just look away
I feel so bad for her

>Why do redditors
It's not redditors it's kikes in the movie industry. Ever since Marvel did it they all are copying and failing it makes no fucking sense.