Can you guys finally quit it with the "T-Rex had feathers, yo" bullshit? It's been debunked

Can you guys finally quit it with the "T-Rex had feathers, yo" bullshit? It's been debunked.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/world-s-only-fossils-t-rex-skin-suggest-it-was-covered-scales-not-feathers
theguardian.com/science/2017/jun/07/feather-furore-trex-may-not-have-been-fluffy-after-all-skin-study-suggests
sciencealert.com/tyrannosaurus-rex-has-scaly-skin-and-wasn-t-covered-in-features-new-study-says
ibtimes.com/skin-fossils-show-t-rex-had-scales-not-feathers-2548919
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/t-rex-skin-was-not-covered-feathers-study-says-180963603/
nypost.com/2017/06/07/t-rex-didnt-have-feathers-scientists-confirm/
cnet.com/news/t-rex-feathers-or-scales-research/
washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/06/06/tyrannosaurus-rex-had-scaly-skin-and-wasnt-covered-in-feathers-a-new-study-says/
youtu.be/CxE68c9rYa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no fuck off faggot sage

>it's true

sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/world-s-only-fossils-t-rex-skin-suggest-it-was-covered-scales-not-feathers

WTF I LOVE DINOSAURS AGAIN

I don't mind either way

how could dinosoars survive in jurrasic park if there not enough oxygen in the air for them to be so big anymore?

think about it, they could possibly exist but they would have to be much smaller in scale

mad feather faggot detected

>giant chickens are cool

fuck off

Shit source. Dinosaurs had feathers, deal with it.

If trex had feathers then why are there still lizards?

>so mad about >muh big lizards having feathers that he created at least two threads on two boards

Because they aren't real dinosaurs. They're genetically engineered monsters made to look like what we'd think dinosaurs would look like.

>mfw cucks say T-Rex had feathers

>muh childhood
>muh feathers aren't cool enough

Nothing more pathetic than scalefags.

>hurr

theguardian.com/science/2017/jun/07/feather-furore-trex-may-not-have-been-fluffy-after-all-skin-study-suggests

sciencealert.com/tyrannosaurus-rex-has-scaly-skin-and-wasn-t-covered-in-features-new-study-says

ibtimes.com/skin-fossils-show-t-rex-had-scales-not-feathers-2548919

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/t-rex-skin-was-not-covered-feathers-study-says-180963603/

but they didn't have feathers, retard

OP here, forgot the link, had to do something.

Thanks

My chickens have scaly feet and legs too.

nothing more pathetic than featherfags that deny reality

nypost.com/2017/06/07/t-rex-didnt-have-feathers-scientists-confirm/

Small dinosaurs had some feathers to regulate temperature

Large dinosaurs didn't, T-Rex and Sauropods didn't have feathers

>muh contrarian elitism
>muh science

Nothing is more pathetic than attaching your ego to gay little fake factoid about dinosaurs

the same way humans can survive on higher altitudes. they get tired more quickly

>this just in
>chickens may not have had feathers after all!

The feathers thing doesn't really change dinosaurs for me. Imagine a 30 foot chicken trying to eat you, that would be scary as fuck. Doesn't ruin Jurassic Park either because they were crossed with the frog DNA, also that film was so full with plot holes a lack of feather really doesn't faze me, I love it regardless.

>steahl ees heafiehr then ferhrrs

How did the t-rex walk over the fence, wasn't there a giant cliff?

Such a majestic and awe inspiring creature.

giant to humans. it was basically a curb to trex

>b-but muh dragunz

He had feathers.

He wanted to get to the other side

who is worse to be honest: the autist that has to point out that "dinosaurs had feathers you know! this isn't accurate!" or the one that has to always reapeat "omg there's no sound in space!!!" in every sci-fi movie discussion ?

Paleontologists know what part of the body the scales come from, retard, and it's not the feet

see

cnet.com/news/t-rex-feathers-or-scales-research/

OP here: Featherfag autist is worse

The Jurassic Park dinosaurs were always designed as bird like anyway.

The one that is obsessed with a childish vision of an extinct creature simply because it's more 'badass' to him.

>getting triggered by reality

sad

washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/06/06/tyrannosaurus-rex-had-scaly-skin-and-wasnt-covered-in-feathers-a-new-study-says/

Soundspace autist. They always seem to ignore the fact that audiences don't want to listen to ten minutes of silence during space dogfights.

Dinosaurs never existed. Everything they have found has been giant kangaroo bones.

Skippy, pls go. You're not getting a reboot

It always amazes me how well Jurassic Park has aged

pic unrelated, its muh waifu

fake news; shit article
youtu.be/CxE68c9rYa0

Love how people post news articles as their source. Maybe go read the actual study and determine for yourself, instead of trusting garbage outlets like the guardian, washington post, nypost, etc. They are just buzz pieces looking to take advatage of controversial subjects for views. Whenever the title of an article has "may not have", you can bet they are talking out of their ass.

Practical effects go along way. That and the director actually giving a fuck about the quality/the production company supporting the director to do so. Too often now movies are opting for the "good enough" style with an over dependence on cgi.

they were genetically engineered

Faggot.

Looks p cool desu

>I don't think we can assume that T-rex lacked feathers just because some fossil skeletons have skin impressions that are scaly," Steve Brusatte, a paleontologist at the University of Edinburgh, told the BBC.

>"It takes inconceivable good luck to preserve feathers in fossils," Brusatte added. "Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they weren't there. So I don't think we need to throw out the image of a big fluffy T-rex quite yet."
lol you're dumb user

That doesn't make you any less retarded. The majority Therapods have been found to have feathers, many of which also had scales elsewhere on their body than their legs.

This shit is the first thing you learn when researching this yet you dumb cunts turn a blind eye to it and also completely ignore how the the science community even works. It doesn't matter how much evidence to the contrary there is there are going to be scientists that oppose those views until actual proof is presented because they benefit from having contrasting views.

>Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they weren't there.

Nice "Christian logic" there, mr science.

>damn, ive been spouting that they had feathers but now they actually dont, Y-YOU CANT PROVE IT EVEN IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT

Well I mean it makes sense. T Rex was fucknormously huge, and lived in a tropical environment. It would die from heatstroke if it was covered head to toe with feathers.

DINOSAURS ARENT REAL

Insulation doesn't work the way you think it does.

Wrong, they just took what dna they had of the dinosaur and filled the holes with frog dna to complete the code.

He is probably using Jurassic World where the explicitly say they are modifying them to be what people want.

what

dumb looking penis head

could the t-rex shoot its feathers as weapons?

BUT CRACKED.COM AND ALL THE BRO SCIENCE WEBSITES SAID THEY ALL HAD FEATHERS SO ITM UST BE TRUE BRO #natty

feathers are scarier

Yes. That's why its arms are so short, it only needed to use its feathers to cause enough damage for its prey to bleed to death.

>hey guys dinosaurs are super cool and have scales
>actually no they have feathers
>no wait we were totally wrong they have scales

Does anyone listen to these people anymore? Dinosaurs probably never existed in the first place.

This trex looks way too friendly

that's what's creepy about it

FEATHERFAGS IRREVOCABLY BTFO HAHAHAHAHAHA

If you are a nu-male

The book says they don't actually know if they're replicating them right but they're modifying them to look like what we think they should.

Which like said was brought up in Jurassic World.

Fossil birds actually had feathers on their legs. Scutes re-evolved long after non-avian Dinosaurs went extinct

>just because you can't see feathers don't mean it's not there
That logic is so flawed.

That's a Jewish T-Rex.

Honestly this looks pretty cool. I haven't kept up on dinosaur news much since I was a kid in the early 90s but I don't really care which way t-rex actually looked.

I heard years back some people felt it was likely the smaller tyrannosaurids had feathers, or possible juvenile t-rexes did but I imagine that's all speculative shit.

If we've got solid evidence they did not have feathers anywhere on their bodies I'm fine with that too.

I just think it's neat we've been having so many amazing breakthroughs with dinosaurs in my lifetime. Working out pigments in fossilized feathers to determine basic color patterning is insane. Just a dream when I was a kid. Now we've got that full body cast of the musculature of one! That's incredible.

This thread reads like a bunch of angry, miserable, old people and it's utterly baffling given the context. Dinosaurs are for child-like fucking whimsy guys. Act like it :|

always knew the jews were reptilians

Buttstuff Science Man does both. So I just hate him twice as hard.

>Just because we haven't found dinosaurs' spaceships, doesn't mean theydidn't have them. It probably just means they aren't on earth to find.

I'm just waiting till they find a fossilized F-14.

>it's a paleontologists are desperate for attention so they release a study that's controversial to the status quo episode

>the autist that has to point out that "dinosaurs had feathers you know! this isn't accurate!"
The autist that replies to this with "but T-Rex didn't have feathers after all so at least they're accurate!"

I have a bony knob.

Japan's way ahead of you.

female version of Rami Malek?

what is the electromagnetic spectrum

Cant see radio waves? well then they certainly aren't there.

she's attractive, so no.

Rami Malek is attractive as fuck
yes homo

You have shit taste, he's literally tobey maguire after an acid attack

absolute pleb taste. He looks like a downs

your waifu looks sickly

>have a couple dime sized patches of scales on 40 foot long animal
>meanwhile all t-rexes closest relatives confirmed to be covered in feathers

They haven't been able to recover any scales in the place where the feathers would be. Hmmm...

>being a pleb
>wanting intellectually dishonest film because you like big lizards and space kabooms

pleb

WOW

people find out giant extinct animals were just that; animals and not monsters and they freak out
>not muh fave childhood dino
go blow barneys dick ya fucking cunts

Just as there were mammoths and elephants at one point, it's possible that there could have been a T Rex with feathers and one without. The dinosaurs were around for a very long time.

animals dont grow scales from feathers
if a trex molted its feathers where feathers grew it wouldnt get replaced by scales, just skin like an ostrich's leg

>12 different locations on a supposedly feather covered animal lack feathers
>Meanwhile two of T. Rex's relatives have feathers, but may be a waste bin taxon

>Only feathered fossils are found in a lying Communist shithole that loves to make profit off of foreigners
HMMMMMMMM, I WONDER WHO COULD BE BEHIND THIS POST

>someone finds a postcard size dermal impression from a 40 foot long and 20 foot tall animal and assumes it's covered in scales just like it's mutant frog-dinos from a movie they loved
>"news" outlets repeat this endlessly while the well preserved proto-bird chick leg in amber is overlooked