Was this show good?

I'm looking for some good superhero shows to watch. Anybody have any opinions of this one?

It's.. okay. Would've been great if you just took out Wolverine.

Why? Is Wolverine a bad character in this?

>Why?

Because he's overused in everything. People seem to forget that he was never meant to be a starring character in X-men. His popularity caused him to be undeservedly shoehorned into leading roles. And thus, made him cease to be an interesting character. Wolverine hasn't been handled well as far as cartoons and film goes since X-men Evo.

I liked it, but lost interest when the only episode that ever aired was the Hulk episode.

Yes. It was very faithful to the spirit of the comics.

It was solid stuff. I bought the DVD set when it came out. It really felt like a nice adaptation of the characters and concepts that wasn't afraid to take a few risks here and there. It deserved more seasons than it got, but it was the first casualty of Marvel's war on the X-Men franchise.

It's been years since I've seen it but I remember thinking that the direction and technical quality of the animation was fairly mediocre, even poorly executed in some episodes.

He's really a bad leader, since his character is such a loner. That makes his inclusion more tolerable, though, since it gives the team a thrown-together feel (which previous incarnations have been missing). But, my god was there a lot of snikting.

Also, Domino a cute.

>looking for good superhero shows
almost every DC cartoon
almost no marvel cartoons

From what I've seen of it, it's alright. Doesn't seem to have a strong following like either of its predecessor series, but it has both good designs & animation and solid storytelling.

>And thus, made him cease to be an interesting character.

this tbqh family

It was an enjoyable series with a few odd decisions.

By the time that it all comes together, you realise that the showis great after all and then it ends on one hell of a cliff hanger.

That's when it hits you that the show had been cancelled and afterwards you might hear that they had planned to crossover with Earth's Mightiest Avengers. Shit sucks.

Fox's X-Men is the only X-Men cartoon you need

Spectacular Spiderman is really good

There's one really great Nightcrawler episode and the rest is just kind of...meh.

She was, but I have liked to see her do more

I liked it enough to buy the DVDs.

>Teleporting in small increments across an entire ocean.
That was pretty badass.

>That's when it hits you that the show had been cancelled and afterwards you might hear that they had planned to crossover with Earth's Mightiest Avengers. Shit sucks.

They never planned that. Yost just personally thought it would be canon with each other, but even he abandoned the idea.

no. 2010s era marvel is goat. avengers emh, wolverine and the x-men and spectacular spiderman

Well, it's true. At this point casuals only like him because he's got a mask and claws and women want a piece of that Jackman cock they'll never get. He's put into so much shit he's just boring now.

It's cool, give it a shot. I actually like this one the best out of the X-Men cartoons.

Definitely worth watching/owning. Was it perfect? No. The biggest problem was some occasionally iffy art -- which had a bad tendency to show up in character designs There was also too much inexplicable time-travel communication that just didn't make any sense. The over-and-over snikting got monotonous.

If you can react to Wolverine and/or Cyclops on something other than a hysterical level, the role-reversal of their characters was fun. The show also featured really good versions of Emma Frost, Domino, Scarlet Witch, Polaris, and Nightcrawler.

The ratings were actually good enough to warrant a second season, and they did announce there would be one. Then is was cancelled supposedly because "financing problems". Latter on, it became obvious it was really about Marvel fucking with X-Men properties.

Bonus points -- the writers really wanted Rogue and Domino to be fuck-buddies.

A lot of the hostility to this show is often based on the idea that the presence of Wolverine blocks [insert whiner's favorite character] from finally ascending the greatness they deserve.

Nah, it's just that most of the Wolverine episodes were the weakest of the show, with the one exception of the Hulk one.
Also:
>"You can't go off on adventures on your own, Summers, either stay here the entire time or I'll kick you off the team!"
>"Now excuse me, I'll have to take off to Canada for a week or two."

As I recall, the problem in that episode was that Scott went off half-cocked and almost started an unnecessary war over finding JEEEEEAN.

>It deserved more seasons than it got
I would have liked to see each season have a different [Name] and the X Men. As others have pointed out Wolverine had too much screen time in a role he wasn't great at and switching it up (season 2 Phoenix season 3 Cyclops) could have helped with that.

It has Wolfsbane and a badass kid version of X-23...so 2 eps are pretty good.

Its okay but 90s TAS and Evo were better.

DCAU is pretty solid top to bottom
early DC animated movies anything before JL War)