Give me some jarring and disturbing kino, something that made you uncomfortable

Give me some jarring and disturbing kino, something that made you uncomfortable

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kB8n-pPYrPw&t=5m35s
youtube.com/watch?v=rUTyi3eHcZM
italkyoubored.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/david-lynchs-inland-empire-an-attempt-at-a-roadmap/
xixax.com/halfborn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bone tomahawk last 20 minutes

exhibit A

jesus camp

Im a pleb when it comes to avante gaurd movies so Catch-22 made me feel pretty uneasy

Wonder Woman. Forced me to reconcile my misogyny and DChad identity.

Kill List
A Field in England
Hyena
Under the Skin

a bit slow and I wouldn't call it jarring but it made me uneasy

Closely Watched Trains

Hard to be a god

dragonball evolution

Green Room

Seventh Continent

that movie was so boring, it wasn't worth it for that scene. imo.

Requiem for a Dream

Threads

The Great Ecstasy of Robert Carmichael

Happiness is the essential uncomfortable kino

I just watched this today but I wouldn't say it made me feel uncomfortable. What about it makes you feel uncomfortable?

Wristcutting

Sicario.

the sustained tension in this film is just unreal, even on rewatches.

This movie gave me the heebie jeebies.

I couldn't help laughing at the ad-libbed Aussie white trash insults though.

"I'll fahckin put me cricket racquet up him the fuckin fuckhead"

Yeah but that's just a single scene. I thought the majority of the movie was pretty comedic

The suicide scene from Hara Kiri. To set it up, basically the adopted son of a samurai has fallen into hard times with the dissolution of the clan his father served. He tries to make ends meet, but a samurai is only allowed to do certain kinds of work. When his wife and son fall ill, he gets desperate and goes to a noble house to ask permission to kill himself in their courtyard. He does this because he heard a rumor that other poor samurai have done this and were paid to go away. However, when the young samurai tries this, the family decides to make an example and force him to go through with it. The most excruciating detail of all is that the young man has already sold off his sword and he's forced to kill himself with the bamboo sword he's been carrying in its place.

Here it is. Sorry for no Engrish: youtube.com/watch?v=kB8n-pPYrPw&t=5m35s

nothing really, but A Dark Song has a scene that is pretty creepy and it's a good movie overall, dont want to say the scene and spoil it

oh shit i forgot i still have the 2nd half of this to watch

that scene may be the most rage inducing i've ever watched

The Hunt

Lucas, a former school teacher who has been forced to start over having overcome a tough divorce and the loss of his job. Just as things are starting to go his way, his life is shattered when an untruthful remark throws his small community into a collective state of hysteria. As the lie spreads, Lucas is forced to fight a lonely fight for his life and dignity.

Good shit

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is the only serial killer movie which actually made me upset

oh yes this one is maddening

English-language remake when? I'd really like to watch this movy.

what's stopping you from watching it in the original language

also an English language remake likely wouldn't star Mads Mikkelsen, whose performance is the center of the film

I remember seeing some weird movie on netflix about a guy who was trying to figure out a mathematic solution to the universe, specifically to find the pattern for use in the stock exchange and then feds come after him. It was called pi or maybe numbers I dont remember.

>what's stopping you from watching it in the original language
Film is a visual medium. Subtitles distract from the visual presentation by forcing you to divert your attention - even if only for a microsecond - to the bottom of the screen. It's heresy and a total corruption of the director's vision.

If you don't understand the original language the film was shot in, and aren't willing to learn it... don't watch it. Or watch a dubbed version, because it's exactly as terrible and ridiculous.

this is the most retarded thing i've read on Sup Forums today, congratulations

If subtitles don't distract from the visual content, why did silent films cut to textboards instead of just putting them at the bottom of the screen?

if you can't answer this rationally, you're a poseur and a bullshit artist hipster faggot who is only defending subtitles because you think watching movies with them makes you more elite.

just use subtitles, they don't take long to read

Stalker

I live near this place so it was even more disturbing

Subtitles are a basic necessity and there's literally nothing wrong with them. The enjoyment of a film shouldn't be limited to just the people that speak its language.

My mate and i were freaking out by the end of this

Martyrs, The Skin I Live In, The Hunt.

Subtitles distract from the cinematography, which is arguably a more important aspect of film than the dialogue. What's the argument against dubbing? The original films didn't have sound at all, it's not like the sound track is essential.

>the hunt
yes
>Stalker
yes But damn i just wish there would have been some anomaly action

then you too must be really fucking gay

Good post, friend. really adding to the thread

yeah all that footage got destroyed friendo

It's never distracted me.
Do you read slow?

brimstone

>Mads is difficult to understand sometimes.
-Thomas Harris

What do you mean? there was originally more to it?

It's not like there's only one subtitle during the entire movie, nimrod. Your attention is focused away from the visual presentation for at least 8% of the film, and sometimes as much as 18%; studies were done at UCLA on this. Google UCLA subtitles research.

Anyone who says they prefer subtitles is just trying to appear intelligent.

Inland Empire

originally there was a lot more sci fi
but the film they used got ruined after filming all the shots
they had to re shoot nearly the whole thing, and tarkovsky was giving the strugatski's hell about the script the whole time and eventually I think Boris (maybe Arkady idk I'd have to look it up) was like, y'know what, just remove the sci fi stuff if you don't like it
and tarkovsky was like yeah boy that's what I've been waiting for you to say

I think the footage of the foamy water is some of the little that remains from the original film

This. I just kept thinking the whole time how lucky I am not to live in that shit hole of a setting.

Oh man I need to watch that
The book was really good.

Roadside Picnic got me on a Strugatski kick

Was just about to say this. Fucking love the movie. It's got a really unique atmosphere to it and I like just getting lost in the flow of the movie.

true

I've seen Stalker twice and I still really don't see the appeal. Some of the shots are pretty, but it also just looks like every day East Europe and shitty rural Russia. What's so groundbreaking about it that I'm missing?

>burps
>farts
>rolls in mud while playing stringed instrument
really great kino russia...

I love the source material, so I may be biased.

I really find the otherworldly atmosphere neat, and the characters to be engaging

Gummo

that was an excellent movie senpai

This is classic.

The last 20 minutes of this had me in an emotional mess.

Well shit. Thanks for the info,user. i had no idea about that

LFO is pretty cool. An audio engineer finds an audio frequency that enables mind control. He starts off just screwing with his neighbors but things escalate.

pi

There is a documentary about the ordeal
youtube.com/watch?v=rUTyi3eHcZM
haven't had time to watch it so I have no idea how much they go into stuff or not

Enemy

That's a big spider

First half is amazing, second half is so off the rails It's too unhinged even for lynch. This scene still gives me chills just thinking about it though

Where does the first half end for you? It being unhinged is part of what makes the movie interesting. It just drops off a cliff into insanity about an hour in but still manages to have a (at least to me) pretty heartwarming ending.

For Jake

I this worth a watch?

Good shit, their near-unwavering expressions as he struggles really makes it that much more fucked up.

is*
fuck

>forgot pic

I havent seen it in a while but when Laura is in the street and Lynch is filming with a handheld I remember as thinking well Lynch has just abandoned any attempt at keeping with the story. Scenes were happening with no explanation of anything and it just became too hard to follow.

Yes it's excellent and the visuals are very grainy in a comfy sort of way

The doppleganger part is kind of strange and I don't know what that's supposed to be about but her hanging out with the prostitutes is supposed to I imagine draw a similarity to the Lost Girl, who was a prostitute in Poland when she was alive. She sees Billy's wife and knows she's going to get killed by her so she runs into the building and is led to Mr. K where she gives her monologue, runs away when it seems Mr. K is somehow related to the Phantom, then ends up getting stabbed.

The movie was filmed without a script so that's why it's all over the place. Some people say there is no plot and to just not think about any meaning but I think that's kind of stupid and there are plenty of good interpretations. These two are my favorite and I think it makes the movie better to watch it filtered through an interpretation that can kind of help you follow things.

italkyoubored.wordpress.com/2012/06/21/david-lynchs-inland-empire-an-attempt-at-a-roadmap/
xixax.com/halfborn/

>Subtitles distract from the visual presentation by forcing you to divert your attention - even if only for a microsecond - to the bottom of the screen.
>even if only for a microsecond
>blinking takes approximately 1/3 of a second
>1/3 second = 333 milliseconds = 333,333 microseconds
>blinking is that disruptive to the cinematic experience because you missed more than a single microsecond

Think before you post, you melodramatic faggot. You by far made yourself look less intelligent than anyone else ITT by making such a retarded claim.

>he doesn't pause on every frame to absorb all of the detail in a shot before moving onto the next frame

what are you a casual

Why does this actor look as Asian as a Finn/Sami when he's a Dane?

Every time I've rewatched a lynch movie I've enjoyed it and understood it more so it might just be a case of that. I know Dern and Theroux have said they have no idea what the film is about and they spent probably a year filming it so I didn't feel too dumb after reading that.

Forgot what it's called but it's an Aussie film where this guy helps this kid torture and kill his molester. Then he makes him go on a killing spree against other molesters in the town they're in. It was really fucked up. Anyone know the name?

Don't know what movie you're talking about but it reminded me of the movie Hard Candy which is also pretty disturbing and fits this thread.

OMG went back through the thread and found that someone else thought the same as me. Thanks, now I know the name finally!

Tension? Benicio had God mode the whole movie, it was hard to believe anyone would stop him at any point and the chick's character was so brave until it was time to step up, then all of a sudden she was a coward. It made me root against her.

How can they call a movie "hard candy"?
they might as well call their movie "young cunny"

The amount of "ur red dit!!!!!!!!!" posting is bordering on paranoid schizophrenic

Not that user but you can't have tension with "god-mode" characters?

god damn his face is so well defined he needs a marble bust like a roman emperor man.

Yeah, he's angular man.

>Anyone who says they prefer subtitles is just trying to appear intelligent.

no. they're actually intelligent. not geniuses, only intelligent people that can watch movies and read.
and there's a lot of them. everywhere.
since always.

You have shitty taste in storytelling and you should feel bad.

All of the movies in Park Chan-wook's "Vengeance Trilogy" but especially Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. A hard watch but a great film.

Antichrist
Jacob's Ladder
A Tale of Two Sisters

I'm desperate to know who are you because I never thought I would read something as stupid as this. You're the reason humanity will be wiped out by the first intelligent living form that comes to Earth. You're a cockcroach, filth, mud, merde... you don't deserve to be alive.

What's worse is that it's all true.