How did you guys deal with your parents fighting?

How did you guys deal with your parents fighting?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/5/53/Sf12_leaving07.wav?t=20121101225628
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I stood between them and told them not to fight and usually I looked desperate enough and scared enough that they would at least stop yelling. I'm sure they still argued after reassuring me but at least they did it at a lower volume.

Yell at them to shut the fuck up and fix their pathetic, self-destructive lives already.

I waited it out until one died in a car accident.
That's about it.

name of that song?

My parents divorced pretty early in my life.

wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/5/53/Sf12_leaving07.wav?t=20121101225628

Single parent.

They didn't fight when they were together, but after my parents divorced, however, any time my mom went on a rampage she is known for occasionally having, I would hide in my room until she cooled down. I would usually play my 64 or read a book.

My parents always had a stable relationship.

I don't have one vivid memory of them actually fighting, like you see in movies and on TV.

>having parents

Cowering, possibly waiting for the police or someone else to show up.

Helped speed up the divorce. Then the REAL fun began.

My parents didn't drink, so by proxy they never fought

I don't remember many instances of my parents arguing but if my anyone in my family argues i leave the house. I used to intervene but not anymore.

>tfw I didn't have a dad
I wish I had a dad Sup Forums

You do have a dad. Its just that he's either a dead or a deadbeat.

well 911.

otherwise I just walked out, slept in a vacant lot. that sort of thing. tried to arrage to stay and friends houses about 90% of the time. worked out well considering I had maybe 3-5 friends.

the first few seasons were the best for actual character

Parents never really fought, the most that would happen is that my dad would get a little upset about my mom putting too much on the credit card or my mom getting irritated by my dad not doing whatever chore. Such are the advantages of having older parents. I was the first of 3 and they were both 35 when I was born.

Only drawback is that they're almost actively trying to not have me move out (I'm 25) because the want me to do stuff. Otherwise, feels good.

Hide in my room and try not to listen to them. Thanks for reminding me OP

They only fought a couple of times, like real yelling at each other fighting. But when it did happen my older sister would drive us to Dairy Queen a few towns over and we'd just come home later.

Ignoring it. If I were to get involved they would yell at me.

I only remember one fight, and it was on a family vacation when my father got shit faced drunk with my uncles and they were shouting in the hotel room at 4am.

I pretended to be asleep.

They took it out on me whenever they got angry because they didn't want to look bad in front of everyone. I'm glad they're dead.

Wow what an edgy hardcore kid you were

I just ignored it. I remember once they were having a really bad fight and I was getting hungry waiting for them to stop but it took so long eventually decided to just walk in get a sandwich and walk back out. Luckily they didn't notice me.

I would scream at them to stop fighting, which obviously never helped. I think I'd go to my room and hide until it was over, typically when one would finally leave and go somewhere...

Yeah...hm.

Usually went downstairs or some shit

Man that sounds tough how was it like to lose a parent generally curious?

You all had shitty parents

Ok you have to go into more detail

I was a baby when they divorced so it all went over my head.

Well you had good parents and still ended up here with all us failures, how does that make you feel?

Prior to Puberty
>Headphones on TV as I played XBOX (Usually KOTOR)
Post Puberty to Move Out
>Go in and play Jimmy Fucking Carter with mediation. Works 8/10 times. They don't argue much now.

I think I did alright.

Mostly stubborn to the point of being mentally incapable of accepting any argument you say as valid, they pretty much couldn't get over the fact that i wanted to have an actual discussion about it and sort of were completely unable to hold any argument because the we're really fucking bad at taking criticism

By pretending it doesn't happen until I panic out of fear of them killing each other.

it gets lonely when you have an empty nest.

I know a guy who had a kid super early as a teen where it all worked out because the girl he knocked up was thought to have >1% fertility and her mother had an early menopause at 35 so her parents took the kid and gave support with housing and finances since they were loaded as hell and the kid was their only grandson they could possibly have (his parents were fine with the arrangement and visited the kid often as well). He and the mother were part of the kid's life, the kid went to boarding school and graduated at 16 then went to university.

Basically has way more years of an empty Nest compered to others since he never married his kid's mother and they basically only see each other when they visit their son. He feels like he rushed through life too fast not deliberately. Makes way too much income then he can spend, kid is already in a relationship and I think has a fianceƩ, not much to do as he traveled a lot.

like shitMy parents are actually separated but not divorced. There was a year when I was a kid where my dad straight up lived in a trailer park with a friend or something which I don't even recall happening. I wonder sometimes if they'd be better off if they'd just divorced.

I ran into the bathroom and cut my buttcheeks on a sharp surface to make them stop.

It worked. They got divorced next year

My parents shouted at each other occasionally but no one hit or threatened anyone and it didn't linger into anything if you talked to either of them like 5 minutes later so I'm not sure why it should have been something I had to "deal" with. People get mad sometimes, it's not a big deal.

I either shut down or went to my room because I knew my dad would hit her sooner or later.

>My Parents fighting
Nothing. Just waited for them to stop and forgive each other, it wouldn't take long.

>My grandparents fighting.
Call the cops before grandma starts throwing furniture again.

My parents fight constantly. I usually just tell them to shut the fuck up. Makes me incredibly depressed I still live at home.

People fight some times. It's normal.

I'm sorry, user. I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories, it was just banter.

Shut it out with video games and other shit in my room. Then pot, any other drug I could get my hands on, and finally settling into alcoholism. They fight every day, and I can't fix their shit, and I know I need to get away from it, but I love where I live and don't want to bail on my dad. My mom has destroyed her body in 50 years, along with some of her mental faculties, by a lifetime of drug abuse, culminating in a few years of massive painkiller and sedative prescriptions, now she is perpetually sick and "in pain". She is negative and paranoid, complains ALL DAY EVERY DAY, and finds faults in damn near everything. Went to church with her today, afterwards she gets upset because it was so nice that we were there, and we should be going every week, and it's never fucking enough.
/blogrant

Watching anime.

I think he's right. Fighting is normal. The ones where they're describing childhood trauma like it being bad enough that a sister had to take them out of the house seem less than normal and more abusive.

They never fought. Not that I remember, at least. They did have arguments and still do from time to time.

Nowadays they seem too old and rusty and in general weary of life. My dad especially is out of shape and pretty grumpy most of the time.

Only time my parents "fought" was when someone misplaced something in the kitchen without telling anyone. They never really yelled at each other or got into huge disagreements.

my dad moved out when I was four so I'm pretty sure most of the fighting was done over the phone and I was unaware of it

I remember one time my grandmother (who hated my dad and was a bitch anyway) drove my sister and myself by the recycling center where my dad was working at the time, and he was getting arrested. He was in handcuffs and being taken to the cop car...I'm pretty sure my grandma did that on purpose.

Not sure why he was arrested, it was something to do with my mom and dad and probably money or some shit though. Seems like it's always because of money...

asked them not to
cried a lot

My parents never really fought, mostly because my dad is just a apathetic little shit who never argues anything. I love him because he was always there for me and did anything to support me, but hell I almost have no respect for that man because of his shadow like character.