Thoughts on Duolingo?

Thoughts on Duolingo?

I tried Japanese on it and thought it sucked after the first lesson.
Then I tried Memrise with Japanese and think it sucks after the first 20 "mastered" words.
Both default whatevers.
Think I should just go my own way like the migtows.

I like Memrise more.

picked some basic italian
not worth an actual class obviously

More or less shit. They use freeloaders to make courses, and not check what they doing.

It gives Murricans the impression that they know a second language

good for beginners, but anki is always better

Should not be treated too seriously, but it has its value. More fun than a class and better than nothing.

It's great for getting your feet wet.

Good to use in conjunction with Assimil.

i like it

Learning French with it right now. The desktop version is much better than the mobile version because it actually gives you information on grammar and etc. Mobile is for words only.

Use it along with Memrise to learn some basic vocabulary, but you need to immerse yourself with other things to actually get anywhere

This.

I'm using it for Chinese. After completing the Chinese course, I plan on switching to skritter.

Duolingo does a good job at keeping me motivated and using it regularly. This is the most important thing.

LingoDeer is pretty good. Only Korean/Japanese/Chinese though.

same

Oh, this one is good. Downloaded. Thanks.

Good for learning words, basic everyday expressions and nothing else. Use it besides other study methods not as your only method.

it's making me learn the hiragana and katakana at the same time

You can learn how to write those in two of days. After all you can keep them fresh by writing them once or twice a day.

Mit es hab ich deutsch lernt. Nun ich habe nach Deutschland gängnen. Ich bin lieben Deutscher Sprache!
:^)

Nein.

Damn thanks a lot for this. Learning Korean and was using Duolingo as a supplementary to my textbook but this appears to me much more worthwhile.