Unsounded

Stop stealing Sette's barefoot gimmick

Well damn, now I feel sorry for the annoying ghost boy.

What's with all the niggers?

And this is a pretty sudden info drop. I am no completely certain that AttackZombie is gonna free Timofey

You can totally tell that Bastion is trying to repress the feeling that he fucked up bigtime.

Poor Timofey
>shit at poetry
>upstaged by a little negro boy
>creator considers you nothing more than a fancy hologram
If he could actually feel he would be suffering.

If it turns out Duane's murder was just part of an experiment to see if Bastion could bring the dead back to life I fucking swear.

It totally was, though

Nah, I think he's just hurt another blacktongue, one of hte few people he actually respects, is calling his magnum opus dogshit.

I dunno, from what we've seen, there's like, at least 3 interested parties here, if not more. That might have been Bastion's goal, but I don't think it's the only one.

If it was all him, how did he lose track of him for so long?

He probably didn't expect Duane to run away like he did. Also, there's still the question of why they killed Mikaila, if they even killed her.

>Also, there's still the question of why they killed Mikaila
her attacker ran her through by accident after she flashbanged them all. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional.

I know we don't know very much about Bastion yet, but I doubt he would be stupid enough to give Duane a reason to wreck his shit.

Poor ghost boy.

Is this really the first time we've seen his name? I can't believe I would have missed a punny name like Timofey.

Duane's unlife is in itself a reason for him to wreck Bastion's shit.

I do not think that Duane would resent a chance to do good, even if it is tortuous, as long as Bastion had nothing to do with his or his daughter's murders.

It has been said a few times and I'm 98% sure he introduced himself to jivy after they escaped from starfish.

I must just be an idiot. It is not uncommon for me to take forever to remember a character's name, though.

Bastion has turned out to be a lot more interesting than I thought he would be.

I wonder if Murkoph straight up cannot die (whether because of the connection to Ssael or whatever or not) and the source of Duane's life and memories is that Bastion found a way to bind him to that.

Oh so now he is a man, but he told Sette distinctly to remember "He is no man"

Ghostboy is cute!
Cute!

Seriously, I wanna see his ahegao.

Nah, seems more like Bastion was handed the rags by some of Duane's former associatives. They prolly much didn't want a sentinent plod.

Ok what the fuck is ever going on in this story?

Is Bastion's hair black or brown?

It looked jet (ha!) black before but now does not.

Bastion's left foot in the last panel looks borked.

As an attempt to keep her from empathizing with him and fucking up the plan, most likely.

and we all know how well that turned out

Secret plots on top of secret plots.

But user, trying to have sex with him would be like trying to have sex with air.

It's the Deepest Secret Plot.

The spent most of the tory resenting his existence. He is a blasphemy

But he has been able to help Sette and can try to stop Alderode from getting overrun by Silver monsters. Duane seems like the type of guy who would find that an acceptable trade when he's not in the throws of depression.

By accident my foot. She got stabbed because she was a threat at the time. I'm sure there was no prior intention, but once she started to magic it up, all bets were lost.

Yeah, I can totally hear his voice in my head. He super hyped to go mad geniusing with Rahm, and then the guy insults him. And all he can say, in a disbelieving and confused tone is

>Dogshit?

>I AM NOT A PLOD! I am no construct. I am no design. I am Duane Adelier.
>He's not a "Thing!" Adelier is a man.

I like the poetry here. Literally the only person who think of Duane as a person, aside from Sette now, is the maniac who made him what he is. And is willing to defend his personhood solely because Duane being a dude kept whole beyond death is his greatest accomplishment as Wright, not because of any appreciation for an intrinsic value of personhood.

>dude is made a proper lich despite this being thought to be impossible in this world
>someone made a bioweapon powered by pain as part of a coup against the royalty of a country
>said country's mortal enemy is about to descend into civil war because of plague causing a political imbalance
There, that's pretty much all the plot.

Whoops, meant for

This. Also there's a fucking human zombie running around out there making his work a joke by comparison.

He looks so INSULTED.

Given what we know about WHY Rahm became a black tongue, I imagine shouting "I beat death and brought a dude back to life(ish)!" isn't going to win you any points with the old goat.

Uh. The human zombie is his work. That's what the page is about.

Kinda looks like he's feeling something there in the last panel, user.

Remember, even literally just the feeling of a baby choking to death as it tries to draw its first breath exists in this world. Timofey is constructed, but he's constructed out of the raw emotional memories of the Khert. Emotions that can be so strong, they break out into the world the share their suffering with the living.

>Does Timofey look surprised and sad because he has a mind that responds naturally to emotional stimuli, or does he look sad because he’s a free-floating program of unimagineably complex spellwork that will express those reactions under given circumstances without ever actually processing emotions or expressing original thoughts or ideas?

>Is there even a difference? Who knows!

deep

Timofey looked as surprised as me by the revelation that he was constructed. I thought he was just a ghost.

Nah, that guy meant Murkoph

Ghosts don't exist in Unsounded the way they do in our mythology and folklore. They're not the restless spirits of people, they're individual, memories and feelings that escape the Khert. Though they're certainly restless, none are full people, that's exactly the thing Bastien and Rahm are arguing about in this comic. None are the "souls" of the parted, merely bits and pieces of them. Any of the more coherent ghosts we see, like Timofey and the children ghosts upstairs are constructed by Wrights from those memories and feelings.

Murkoph isn't a zombie, he's been stuck in the Khert the whole series, so no one but Sette and Duane have met him.

>He almost escaped.
>Ya stopped him?
>I skinned him.
>I missed it!
You can practically see Sette's respect for Duane increasing.

I think Sette has already reached maximum respect for Duane at this point. She was probably just disappointed that she didn't get to see her cool zombie wizard dad fuck someone up.

>someone made a bioweapon powered by pain as part of a coup against the royalty of a country

You forgot to mention that their afterlife is basically a giant metaphysical stomach that is slowly digesting the souls of all living beings while they're still semi-sentinent. So that gun's a big one.

You know if people just turn into a soup of disjointed memories upon death, what's a soul? Why would they even recognize the term?

Because the soul reincarnates and who you are is not just the memories but also the soul.

The soul is the essence of life that binds memories of a given life together.

When are we gonna find out who's abomination Sette is?

Not soon enough!

I hope she's some kind of homunculus but her reaction to the khert and the lion tail alluding to some kind of relation to Ssael I don't know what to make of her, guess that's why I like this story so much.

She's Nary's little abomination.

Anime Ace, seriously?

It's a decent font for comics. I used it in a bunch of my scanlations as well.

And Tittybird. Don't forget about Tittybird.