6. Star Wars OT
5. Rocky
4. Back to the Future
3. The Wizard of Oz
2. King Kong
1. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Surprisingly, Douge

James likes B-movies too much.

Doug is a pretentious fuck who used to idolize Tim Burton.

Both are terrible.

James because his list feels more sincere and comes from a place devoid of ego.

Doug is a pretentious faggot
James just likes good flicks/kinos.

James, because his list is made up of his personal favorites, not what he thinks are objectively better/good movies. Just what he likes.

Doug's list is trying to win points as he rattles off artsy movies that everyone jacks off in film school instead of being honest.

A "favorite movies" list isn't the same as a "best movies ever" list, as the former is subjective and the latter is objective. You don't have to try and prove anything to anyone with a favorites list unless you're insecure and don't want anyone to know you like Predator or something.

James is a guy who enjoys watching movies. Douge is a guy who enjoys telling people about how much he enjoys watching movies.

Stop obsessing over e-celebrities

>James
>pleb n proud
>Doug
>pleb but let's pretend I know something about film

James is more genuine.

autism
(Hi Mike)

Where was this post 3 years ago when Sup Forums needed it?
Oh thats right deleted by mods because pleblettermedia paid to shill here

James is a sincere pleb.
Doug is an insincere pleb.

>10. Citizen Kane
Yes, I'm sure he really enjoyed the movie.

not liking Predator
(Hi Doug)

Yes, that's completely possible.
Jesus Christ this board went to shit. They unironically defend low brow entertainment.

This is not a list of a person who enjoys films like Citizen Kane.

That doesn't mean anything.

Both of them are shit. Batman? Really?

Who the fuck doesn't like Predator, and who would be embarrassed to say so?

Doug's list isn't artsy in the slightest. If you haven't heard or seen most of his picks, you're just a moron.

A better argument to make is that Doug has better taste because he's willing to step out of his comfort zone and see more varied stuff, but he probably couldn't articulate why he likes them well without getting into dumb nitpicks. James taste probably hasn't changed at all since he was a child, which is likely due to him refusing to see anything that's not a crappy B-movie or continuation of a franchise he grew up with, but for the movies he does like he knows exactly what makes them so special and can delve into an interesting analysis of each one.

Your "favorite movies list is different from best movies list" statement is fucki retarded.

It means a lot. Citizen Kane is on his list only because it's considered "the greatest film of all time". It's the only film (except Fantasia) made before 1960s on his list.

i'd actually to see doug do an updated version of his list

don't know who these faggots are but Douge's list is full of shit movies like Lost in Translation. James' actually has a lot of my favorites

>I didn't enjoy this movie but everyone says it's really important so I'm going to put it on my list of favorite movies out of obligation.

Post your top 20:
20: The Cable Guy
19: Dumb and Dumber
18: Mad Max
17: The Blob ('88)
16: Attack the Gas Station!
15: The Machinist
14: Rollerball
13: Spider-Man
12: Army of Darkness
11: Alphaville
10: The Trial
9: Planes, Trains and Automobiles
8: 12 Monkeys
7: Akira
6: A Boy and his Dog
5: They Live
4: Funny Games
3: Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
2: The Outlaw Josey Wales
1: Soylent Green

I haven't seen Doug's stuff in years, but even I remember he'd always make reference to Kane in his reviews and his main point in his Top 20 list wasn't "it's the greatest film of all time", but "it's clear why so many think it's the greatest". How delusional can you possibly be? Sad.

Better than the Dark Knight because Batman wasn't voiced by a motorcycle.

No, Citizen Kane is probably the only old famous film he's seen.

Hey, fuck off. People can enjoy all types of film.

>Your "favorite movies list is different from best movies list" statement is fucki retarded.
You must unironically have autism if you have a hard time understanding that.

Doug's an idiot, so that's possible, but it still doesn't mean he's just liking it to fit in. His target audience wouldn't even know what half of these films are anyway.

>Everyone's list of personal favorite films must match the AFI Greatest Films of All Time list or they're retarded

Okay.

James' philosophy to reviewing isn't so much as it is to Critique it. He only speaks his mind about things he likes and knows. Doug, on the other hand, is either a contrarian or likes what he likes because he believes he has a high opinion on it. I appreciate Doug's ability to ask questions about why we like certain things, though, despite his ambition towards such topics, I feel that his conclusions are poorly elaborated on as are his criticisms. This is why I like James more. He is an optimist in the films he watches. He has his own taste and acknowledges films for being inferior. He reviews crap, essentially. Fun crap, though. He's a kid at heart and he's open-minded in what he likes, where Doug over-thinks about not only the films he watches but mainly overthinks about himself. I think the lists in the OP clearly exemplify that James (being autistic or whatever) is the more "human" of them. The movies he likes are part of him, not just things he states he likes. Everything he does is saturated by the things he loves and that's no more apparent than the things he has on his list. He likes monsters, he likes weird movies, and he's more open-minded and accepting. His list, despite being well-known movies to the public, all are clearly him. It's his "style". Doug lacks this and instead hops on to other styles due to lacking the ability to creating his own. In that regard, I say James not only has good taste but is strangely even more tasteful than most "critics" in general by his outlandish preferences and how they affect him and how he chooses to reflect upon them. He's more of an analyzer, I guess you could say.

...I wrote too much, didn't I? Please don't cringe.

Are they even fans of cinema? This is not even entry level.

I thought you were talking about a single person having two separate lists for what they consider their favorites and the best. Obviously a community of people discussing what would be the best films of all time would be fairly different from a favorites list. If I misread that I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean Doug's isn't genuine just because 1 or 2 of his favorites overlap with a supposed best movies list.

Looks like Tastes kind-a halted in college.

James is better in every single possible way.

thought it was interesting desu senpai

>Good Night, and Good luck; BTTF, Ed Wood
how are these favorites. These lists are just attempts to be eclectic. but that's ok.

Doug is a little bitch clown James is certified kino

No idea who those are but James is a pleb and Douge is a tryhard, both bad

You are 43 years old.

ME:

1. Gladiator
2. 2001
3. Taxi Driver
4. Bridge on the River Kwai
5. Casablanca
6. Citizen Kane
7. Collateral
8. Longest Day
9. The Matrix
10. Gone with the Wind
11. Amadeus
12. Day the earth stood still
13. M
14. No country for old men
15. The dark knight
16. Once upon a time in the west
17. Lotr Rotk
18. 10 commandments
19. Hot fuzz
20. Zoolander

Doug easily. Amadeus is my no.2 film of all time so he gets points for that even if the rest of his taste isn't that great, particularly two batman films in his top 10 (although batman1989 is bretty good)

Also James putting an entire trilogy in his list is retarded and people need to stop doing it

James only ever speaks from experience, he doesn't pretend to be more informed about movies than he is by parroting the first results on Google. I don't think he hasn't anything interesting to say most of the time, but I can see why people like his personality.

>not a single foreign movies
>Muricans

Looks like you selected 20 movies at random from the IMDB Top 250.

Not so fast, he has ANIMU XD

Nah not enough Bollywood

Well, I look 43.

My top 20, but in no particular order. Sorry in advance for being such a pleb.

Planet of the Apes
Jerry Maguire
It's a Wonderful Life
The Princess Bride
Predator
Robocop
Jurassic Park
A Nightmare on Elm Street
District 9
Gojira
Pan's Labyrinth
Misery
The Bride of Frankenstein
Yojimbo
Fright Night
The Shining
Hausu
Flash Gordon
Phantasm
Gone Girl

Honorable mention to Howard the Duck, my favorite "bad" movie.

>post your top 20
alright, here's my plebtier top 20:
1. Mulholland Drive
2. Stalker
3. Gummo
4. The Seventh Seal
5. Inland Empire
6. Wavelength
7. Angst
8. Fire Walk With Me
9. Taxi Driver
10. Trash Humpers
11. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
12. Carne
13. Eraserhead
14. The Comedy
15. The Shining
16. House
17. Funny Games
18. Possession
19. Rosemary's Baby
20. Begotten

It is the year of our Lord 2000 + 17.
The slanty-eyed devil rises in the east.
The Mohammaden hordes pour across the borders of what were once great, proud nations to gang rape children.
The lazy negro is lauded for his ability to throw balls of rubber.
The greatest accomplishment of the modern White """""man""""" is to watch films and tell people which ones he enjoyed the most.

>goes onto a movie board to tell people that watching movies is bad
kek you retard

Lynch/10 but you already knew that.

MD is my no.1 too, so if that's pleb we can be pleb together

These are both shit tier plebbit lists

Not in this order.
20.king pen
19.Space Balls
18.Evil Dead 2
17.Back to the future.
16.Star Wars 1977
15.Army of Darkness.
14.The Road Warrior.
13.Escape from New York.
12.Spiderman
11.Total Recall
10.Star Ship Troopers
9. Running Man.
8. RoboCop.
7. First Blood
6. indiana jones
5. Empire Strikes Back.
4. The Rocketeer
3. Willow
2. The Fellowship of the Ring.
1. Revenge of the nerds.

Ya, pleb and proud. Yes I have seen Seven samurai ,Citizen Kane, barry lyndon ext.
But I really like fun movies. When I'm drunk with my friends or want to just enjoy myself, these are my go to movies.

>begotten
dont cut yourself on all the edges in your list

wots ur list fagboy

10. Lord of the Rings: The two Towers
9. Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
8. Ghostbusters (2016)
7. Jobs
6. The Mummy
5. Drive
4. True Lies
3. Star Wars episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
2. American Psycho
1. The Dark Knight Rises

ur mom x20

>Who the fuck doesn't like Predator
women

oh shit that's an erotic list

I don't trust anyone that doesn't at least have one James Cameron movie on their faves.

The Shining was shit

you're shit

I have no idea who these people are, but they both have pleb-tier taste IMO

James because it atleast feels genuine

I kind of like James' list more just because it's honest and doesn't seem like he's trying to be one-stepaway-from-IMDb-top-20-core