Without meme'ing, can someone explain to me what Bane meant by this line?

Without meme'ing, can someone explain to me what Bane meant by this line?

>"Bane"
>"Let's not stand on ceremony here, Mr Wayne"

I'm not a native English speaker, and i understand the line to mean "let's not be so formal, let's call each other by our first names" or something like that.
All Bruce did was call him Bane.
And he proceeds to address him as Mr. Wayne.
I don't get it.

>without meme'ing

I genuinely don't think the Nolans put a lot of thought into their dialogue at times. A lesser known example is in The Dark Knight when the phrase "close to the chest" is used not once but twice. This is opposed to the much more common expression of keeping something "close to the vest".

this movie is shit, with so many plotholes dc had to start baneposting to attract the autists

BIG

The idea is that Catwoman had betrayed Batman's identity to Bane and Bane was smugly showing off that he knew who Batman was and that his mystical Batman title, which scared all the other criminals, wasn't going to work on him. The line 'let's not stand on ceremony' was being used kind of sarcastically.

Thanks. So it was sarcasm, ok that makes sense.

On a serious note there are people that still
dont realise when Bane replies with "for you", he is finishing off his line "it would be extremely painful"
aka if he wasnt interupted his line would say

"it would be extremely painful for you".

Everyone knows that. They're just playing along to keep the meme going.

no, it was about the relative nature of bigness

retards if you listen to his intonation, he's responding to CIA. "It would be extremely painful." is a finished sentence, it's not "It would be extremely painful..."

Think whatever you want I guess. I honestly wonder how many takes they even did for that whole opening sequence. The line delivery across the board is terrible.

I'd actually be willing to bet that the reason the dialogue sounds so stilted is due to most it being ADR.

Honestly, this pit fight was the best scene in Nolan's trilogy after Bruce's training with Liam Neeson. It had ton of good lines.

They probably only did one take. You can only crash a plane so often.
Bane's voice was dubbed over though, which makes his bad lines inexcusable.

Pretty sure the "plane" was just a rotating set on a soundstage.

youre playing with your cards close to your chest, thats the expression, its the more common one.

>Let's skip the formalities and fight.

Nolan knew his movie was shit. That's why the teaser trailers and the pit scene(In case you'd forgotten) shouting "This is caca,caca.This is caca,caca."

After thinking about it, it's probably a regional difference. Close to the vest seems to be more common in America so I'm thinking close to the chest is more common for the Brits.

Retards.

Not sure why you responded to me but it seems like this confirms that it was originally intended to mean that it would be painful for CIA but he acknowledges that his delivery was weird.

it doesn't matter how it was written, what matters is what the performance indicates

"Lets not stand on ceremony" is an idiomatic expression that means, more or less, "let's get down to business."

Option 3.
Bane wanted to be CIA's daddy so that they could have cummies together.