Portraying the IRA as the bad guys

>portraying the IRA as the bad guys
What kind of fucking Irishman is Ennis? Jesus I almost threw up in my mouth

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7dmIcsM34x8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stay mad that your heroes fucked off to teach mudslimes how to blow themselves up.

Also, ow the edge from that character design. It's hit the point that seeing minor, detailed wounds actually bothers me more than seeing MUH GORE everywhere.

>foreign country occupies your lands
>OH WOW HOW DARE YOU DEFEND YOURSELF

>What kind of fucking Irishman is Ennis?
A Northern-Irishman. An Atheist one at that.

You can't make an omelette without murdering a few civilians.

But they are the bad guys.

He portrayed one IRA guy as a bad guy, in any case. But then, everyone in that story was a giant douchebag. Par for the course for Ennis - everybody being a giant douchebag is his modus operandi.

Open a history book.

t. People who aren't idiotic americans of irish descent

The comic eve talks about that, "plastic irish" love the bar scene when he is dropping N bombs and almost gets beat up

>Drug dealers and criminals who delayed the handover aren't portrayed as heroes, even when they continue to be drug dealers and criminals to this very day

Gee who'd have thunk it?

India got it's sovereignty back before Ireland. Let that sink in. And unlike Ireland, India actually made the British a profit, that's something they haven't managed to do since the 1600s. All you stupid cunts had to do was engage in a bit of Civil Disobedience and be polite and they wouldn't have known what to do, but no, you start the Easter Uprising in the middle of the First World War. Top marks. You couldn't even just breed like rabbits and outnumber the Proddies in Northern Ireland that way, that's like the one thing Catholic countries excel at.

>Country has had control over yours for hundreds of years
>Muh Daniel O'Connell
>Muh Potato famine
>Be so salty about 60 odd years later that a couple of your people invade a post office
>everyone thinks they are dumb
>British soldiers kill them to deal with the situation, execute survivors
>WAIT DID I SAY IDIOTS, I MEANT MARTYRS REMEMBER 1916
>70 years later you think it's perfectly reasonable to blow up kids, women, the elderly because of a 160 year old grievance, even though the British government who were cunts to you all died long before your grandparents were born
> well feck and begorah I want my countrymen to be free so badly i'll start killing some of them in the streets despite the fact that the majority don't agree with me

Fucking potato wankers are the worst

Reminder that the Irish aren't white

I'd say blowing up civilians and engaging in the drug trade, human traficking and so on without real concern to what tge irish public wants make you the bad guy.

no centuries of oppression doesn't give you license to murder.

Fucking this. India managed it, but no you mick cunts decided the best way of getting independence was by terrorism.

Weirdly the British public didn't see fit to let terrorists win.

All you did was bolster the British resolve you dumb fucks

I want Americans to go.

Nothing more cringy than hearing an american describe themselves as Irish american just because their grandfather on their mothers side was.

My grandad was welsh, that doesn't make me a welsh Irishman

t. Mick McAlcoholic

Americans really don't understand anything outside of their tiny world.

He portrayed Finn Cooley as a selfish, mercantile bastard who really couldn't give two shits about Irish independence.
And generally speaking Ennis portrays the conflict in Ireland as stupid, pointless and a needless slaughter of good if mislead people by arrogant leaders.

Ireland is literally the middle east of the British isles

we understand plenty. It's just that those of us who understand shit mind our own business.

We don't say, try to tell polish people that their video game based on polish history must have a diversity quota.

No, Americans wanted you to go but muh potato blight, can't grow nothing, kept you paddy fuckers streaming into New York.

I want Britbongs to go.

Nothing more cringy than reading a Bonglander defend the actions of their failed empire while pretending to be Irish.

I think people who call themselves Irish-American are stupid too, because why would anyone admit in public that they were even remotely Irish?

But IRA are bad guys. They would be good if they were actually efficient and successful in the whole revolutionary business, but they are not. And effort doesn't really count here.

Or even inside it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7dmIcsM34x8

Well, no. It is literally the far West of the British Isles.

Why do you call them 'britbongs'?

>Nothing more cringy than hearing an american describe themselves as Irish american just because their grandfather on their mothers side was.
Fuck me I got the same beef with italians. Literally every person in my country that identify themselves as italians says so because they have one aunt that lives there or something. They can't speak italian for shit, they never went there (aside for maybe one trip back when they were 5yo) but they will insist nonetheless that they are as italian as fucking Mario.

Fuck them.

Same reason that loads of yanks claim to be part native american, to seem interesting.

Cause you fuckers don't have much heritage on your own so it's better to co opt someone else's

Plus
>muh st Patrick's day
>muh cringy green beer
>muh river dyed green

Christ.

He portrayed the execution of an unarmed prisoner who fought for the liberation of his country a decade before as righteous.

Cool, now I can say the n-word

Italian here. The thing that angers me the most is when they can't pronounce their surname right, like Steve Buscemi.

He's had the IRA in a lot of his books.
I don't know anything about the IRA but in Preacher they're basically idiots wasting the lives of young men on an unwinnable war

Allegedly.

Except Irish hate asses, how can they be black?

Seems accurate

God forbid actually piciking up an Ennis book, other than big2shit. Stay mad, stupid millenal cunt.

So, is the IRA essentially a European ISIS?

The reason Americans call themselves that is because were proud of our past, and love our family and heritage
Its a shame you yuropoors cant say the same :^)

Nah, ISIS want death to the west and basically anyone non their particular brand of Islam, IRA wanted independence for Northern Ireland

ISIS actually has unholy tons of oil, guns, sex slaves and kafirs to kill like dogs, and require combined attention of two strongest militaries in the world to keep down.

IRA has potatoes and can be shut down by passerby constable.

Is this the thing he and McCrea referenced in Dicks 3? Some guy walking along monologing then Ivor and Dougie run him over with the time machine?

>Still using millennial as an insult

How old are you?

Is that why you always try to downplay that whole business with the slave trade and killing all the redskins off? Genocide is quite an achievement, rather odd of Americans to always wring their hands over it.

>millennial as an insult
Grandpa get off the fucking typer and go back to bed

Ennis is great

>Think you have a righteous cause
>Decide to prove you're right by bombing civilians
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how we know that every terrorist group in history was run by fucking retards.

>being proud that your great grandad was born somewhere
> basing part of your identity on the fact your great grandad was born there
> thinking that you in any way share anything if significant value with the people of that place because your great grandad was born there

Amerifats pls.

>And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how we know that every terrorist group in history was run by fucking retards.
Not everyone, but then those that weren't run by retards are not called terrorists today.

So you're saying you were kings and such?

Have some understanding for them. They live in a perfect isolated bubble, a Safe Space of planetary proportions. They need to define themselves SOMEHOW.

Tell that to the fikki fikki's overrunning London abdul. They seem more proud of where they came from than where they live now

...How does he pronounce it?

> they're basically idiots wasting the lives of young men on an unwinnable war

What do you mean, "In Preacher"?

A Monty Python sketch version of ISIS.

An American who is proud of his nation's past needs professional help and heavy medication.

The modern IRA isn't anything much to do with the Fenian movement, and bugger all to do with the republic, which has repeatedly shanked the IRA (and others similarly engaged), often for fun.

The modern IRA is about drug dealing, extortion, prostitution, money laundering, insurance scams, protection money and so on. Most of the gangs of the republic and the north are now, and have been for decades, even prior to the ceasefire. They don't even want power, at least not legitimate political power, because that's something you have to defend. They'd much rather make money and get the hell out of Ireland altogether, because it's like England but full of miserable Irish bastards who know exactly what kind of people the IRA are.

But as ever ideology makes a great cover for criminality.

Not even that any more. Just fucking drug runners.

Lots of people were executed during the Irish civil war, usually because they were dangerous bastards who didn't accept the treaty was as good as they'd get. Five were executed by the Irish army in 1923 for aiding the IRA, which was at that time still interested in obtaining political power.

It was fuckwits like them who made the treaty necessary in the first place. If they'd been less trigger happy, the whole of Ireland would be one republic today. Hell if the IRA hadn't started the civil war then the dail would have dropped the death penalty from the books in 1922.

Do you know much about the IRA? Do you know for example that the IRA since the early 1970s has basically just been a hard-right fascist organisation that doesn't give two shits about 80% of Catholics in Ireland, because they'd never support it, and engaged in a protracted secret war against other IRA factions before ending up little more than drug dealers who do a bit of beating, shooting and bombing on weekends? Doesn't seem like you know much about them.

Weekend terrorists defended by weekend thinkers.

Mate are trying to start on me or something?

These guys were:
>Using the IRA to fund themselves
>Were in America and bombed a cafe

Even if you want to sling that noble IRA angle even those guys don't believe in it.

Bussemi

The IRA from the Easter Uprising are very different from the pieces of shit that came along in the 2nd half of the 20th century

Pretty much most parts of the empire managed independence without throwing a shit fit like Ireland. Hell even shitposting capital of the world Australia managed to do it alright.

Everyone thought they were fucking idiots when they first took over the post office though. It wasn't until the british, who quite frankly had enough on their plate with world war one to piss about with the wankers decided to end it quickly that they became martyrs

Ennis is a Protestant Northerner who even though he's atheist never really grew out of the prejudices his community taught him. He's refused to speak to people with Irish names at cons.

he also has an incredibly juvenile sense of humor and the world in general

can you sauce that because I have an Irish name and he seemed pretty fine talking to me

Is that Mike and Jay?

I feel the same way when some half Chinese cunt from West London tells me how hard their life is when I grew up in a council estate where gangs of teenagers beat the shit out of you for looking at them wrong.
I had to stop hanging out with a circle of friends when I found out two of them murdered a homeless person because they thought they had stolen their supply of drugs. I live in the sticks so if I grassed them up they'd find me and my family.

I'M ANGRY
ANGRY ABOUT THE IRISH

Ennis is a piece of shit, and fedoralord, so probably thinks IRA was too religious or something. Nevermind that British monarchy has a literal state religion.

Like, all you need to know about Ennis is that scene where that girl joins the Justice League knockoff in The Boys.
The 'joke' is that she must suck dicks to join! And she does it! Haha! How cool! Ennis doesn't jack off to this situation at all! The fact that he asked artist to draw that chick on the very next page like a Facial Abuse actress after a long scene is entirely coincidental and he doesn't get off to it!
(before you mention she ends up becoming pretty much most human and relatable character in the book - that was an accident. Ennis planned her to just end up degrading herself more and more as a joke. His subconcious can write a better story than him.)

See, Ennis is the kind of person who believes in being 'ironic'. He can write racist/sexist/homophobic/otherwise fucked up shit into his stories, and it's okay, because he doesn't MEAN it! Stop being so offended guys!

I can bet 20$ that Ennis cried at premiere of Ted. Move over Citizen Kane, this is the REAL masterpiece of cinematography.

It's nigger. Just say nigger.

Let it all out, user. Remember what your therapist said.

Enjoy your beating.

That's right, user!

He has never said shit about IRA being religious or something or nothing for that effect

Go get your meds, retard

We like explaining why we like beer, and nobody wants to pretend to be German.

Holy shit. Like fucking clockwork.

Geez, you sure owned me here. I am very definitely owned by your razor-sharp wit. I tremble before your might. Wow, you just implied I might have issues. Holy fuck, I have never heard that one in my life.
So original. So witty. Pure Genius, by capital fucking G.

I think I jizzed in my pants a little, that's how epic this putdown of me was. Please, own me more, daddy. I beg you. Share with us your sparkling edgy wit.

I've never understood the IRA I mean sure they let of a few bombs on mainland Britain, but on the most part they just made their own country a hellhole. That'll show Westminster.

It's kind of like shitting in your own bed while you're lying in it to spite your landlord

Nigger, what is wrong with you?

Nigga you triggered

You'll be okay buddy, we're here for you now. Don't hold back. Nobody's judging you.

you seem upset

>There's no such thing as ethnicity!

Who the fuck cares what he said? People don't say everything they think. Jesus, he made two most fedora comics ever made, Just a Pilgrim and Preacher, this is not an arguable fact - and he dislikes IRA? What a goddamn coincidence. Must be totally unrelated to his life experiences in any way, because that's how people work, right?
What do you mean, "bias"? What the fuck is a bias?

Twenty one? That wasn't the deal Allah!

Those Irish.

Why don't you get Jeezus to smite him if he's so bad?

user, why are you making so obvious that you need your meds? You seem angry for some reason

I wouldn't expect people with severe mental deficiency to understand. Everyone knew the Irish could never square up with the Brits, they were simply trying to make Ireland not worth the life of British soldiers.

It's about the band Twenty One Pilots, actually.

And it's supposed to be... um...."Bous-chemi"?

Way to confirm his suggestion...

Let it out, the group understands.

It's a big fish. I seen 'em. Like big-ass golefish.

Isn't it seventy?

>make your own country so utterly horrible that no one will want to come to it
Again, shitting your bed to spite your landlord

Harder, daddy, samefag harder!

And how did that work out for them?

>about 5 different posters in less than 60 seconds tell me I'm mad and angry

>t-they're samefagging!!!11!!

It's okay, fella. The big bad bald edgy Irishman can't get you here. The Internet is safe.

>I love my country so much and want it's freedom so badly that my plan is to make it an unliveable hellhole against the well of the majority

Right and I'm the mentally deficient one

Westminster doesn't give a shit about Wales user, and you can get there by car or train, why do you think they'd give much of a shit if you made a place that you have to cross a body of water a shit hole?

#triggered

It's Booshemi
It's a matter of freedom
A lap dog like you wouldn't understand

I haven't seen an user as buttblasted as you since that 24 year old kissless virgin who thought that lifting would solve all his woes a couple of weeks back

Well done

5/7

>four of those posts within 60 seconds if each other
Fucking lol

I'm hardly a lap dog if I'm of the nation holding the leash on yours your dumb potato nigger.

As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, India managed independence, so did Australia, but not via terrorism.

See, shitting up your country was the mistake

He dislikes the IRA because they're a bunch of human traffickers and drug runners masquerading as a political entity in order to garner sympathy from braindead fuckwits like yourself.

Ennis isn't even hugely anti-religious. He's had sympathetic religious characters. He just enjoys poking fun at the stupid things people do for religion or assign to religion.

But please, continue to speak of shit you have no understanding of. Maybe repeating 'fedora' enough times will somehow lend your spiel authority.