Netflix is willing to do a live adaptation of The Witcher

>Netflix is willing to do a live adaptation of The Witcher.
>Tfw HBO or Netflix will never do the same for Berserk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z4uTQ0xOpGg
youtube.com/watch?v=7AbNiMxFJpc
youtube.com/watch?v=rWt5WB7wtJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's because nobody cares about your weeaboo trash
comic books aren't literature, and niche comic book adaptation would be the shittiest capeshit

(You) don't spend it all in one shitpost.

Berserk is unfilmable. To be accurate to the source material, it would have to be unimaginably violent. Even the anime series doesn't come close to the manga.
t. never read a bit of Berserk

this, the level of violence and suffering could never be accurately portrayed on screen with out current level of technology

Guts is less terrible of character than Geralt (they're both edgy faggots though), but everything else about Witcherverse shits on Berserk from high tower.
Berserk's appeal was always art, the story is meh with occasional moment of brilliance

>Guts
>edgy

he really isn't, though. The entire point is that his tryhard edgy phase is just a facade he puts up to prevent himself from getting hurt again. He starts to mellow out in the Conviction arc and he drops the edgelord act completely by the time he hooks up with his JRPG party.

Actually "edgy" characters are meant to be tryhard escapist characters for the audience's power fantasy, you don't make your hero a rape victim if you want that

It's impossible to make an adaption. It has way to much violence and sex. No mainstream TV show comes close. They would completely butcher it.

Someone redpill me on Berserk. It seems like 4203dgel0rd shit to me.

Why? So you can complain about how isn't exactly like your trashy videogame sensibilities cartoon and cartoon book are?

it's the only weebshit I've ever read, but it looks absolutely beautiful and the first 3 quarters are absolute top quality

There is a ton of edgy shit (mass murder, rape, and likable characters being sentenced to eternal hellfire are all very common) but beneath it all there's a very prevalent message of hope; that if you persevere and put your grasses on, nothing will be wong, and love and friendship will conquer all

That's the real reason Berserk is so special to a lot of people, people who like the series and think it's edgy for its own sake are the cancer of the fandom

>you don't make your hero a rape victim if you want that
That pretty edgy.

Neither of those characters are edgy.

it falls off after the golden age arc, honestly just watch the original anime and consider it done

everything after is just typical japanese fan wankery

>gets a (potentially non-shitty) Witcher series
>still finds something to whine about
heh

>Netflix
>potentially non-shitty

I wonder if they did if they would fuck up this bad.

>talking shit about lost children

ree

they can't even adapt a decent Berserk anime, what makes you think they can make a live action of it?

Considering how the new anime looks, I mean...

One step at a time.

>prevalent message of hope

Yeah, hope that Miura will live long enough to finally draw Guts shoving Dragonslayer up Griffith's ass.

As for the topic - on one hand, I feel like almost all Berserk remake/adaptation ideas are a bad move. On the other, I would stomach another shit adaptation just to see 5 minutes of gritty humongous-sword-on-monster action and righteous rage.

that looks like shit

what ps2 game is this?

Just a friendly reminder that there are hentais, parodies and puppet shows better than CLANGZERK anime. The fact that Miura allowed this abortion to exist shows how he really feels about his life's work and fanbase.

That's an insult to ps2

Tower of conviction is god tier

Lost Children arc will never be allowed on television

might be a troll post, but I agree

d e l e t

Cunnyposters btfo

nah, even if it could be done 100 % accurately, which i am sure is possible, it would never be green-lit or allowed to be made so accurately. Same with Evangelion desu...hope it stays an anime only for ever

when will berserk be GOAT tier again lads, im tired of the jrpg team

It's true, disastrous new CGI anime version skipped Lost Children arc

Because the worst of witcher is gore and blood, and implied rape, maybe. The worst of berserk shows goblins impregnating women, people of all ages getting raped and gruesomely killed, and straight up orgies.

IDOLM@STER was a mistake.

I guess it's for the best, I feel lost children up to the end of conviction is absolute kino and I'm glad they can't fuck up half of it

They are fucking up the anime anyways.

>rosine stabs guts in the mouth
>CLANG

yeah they can skip that

youtube.com/watch?v=z4uTQ0xOpGg
Even ps2 games looked far better than that trash.

It's true if you don't like boring shonen trash made for little boys.
Shitty anime tropes all over the place after the Conviction arc.

Berserk hasn't been edgy or violent in like 15 years.

they'd only make guts a nigger

At this point id rather he just hurry up and end it. Hes going to fucking die before the story gets finished at this rate.

that's muira's plan
he will sacrifice the hopes of his fans to the godhand

>Why wouldn't they make an adaptation of a series where it's main appeal is the quality of the drawn art.
user....

I just want to see Griffith die.

How long before people complain that young Ciri is A rip off of Arya Stark, despite both books coming out around the same time

>Godfith
>Die
lel

> He want's a toned down Berserk with black GUTS fighting androgynous possibly tranny Griffith

W-why?!

Plus... not even on the golden eighties when it was alright to sexualize everything and curse like there was no tomorrow could they have gotten away with the lost children ark.

Why would you be willing to get a shitty adaptation? And it would be shitty because no show would spend that much on an R rated product.

Basically the ultimate Dark Fantasy story. The inspiration for Dark Souls when it comes to monster design and such, if you're into that. This is the only manga I've read because it felt embarrassing to read backwards and all that shit, but it's really awesome.

Berserk aside, how do I get into JoJo?

the absolute state of eastern animation

>implying Guts won't team up with SK and rape the entire Godhand.

Watch all parts in the right order.
You're either gonna like it or hate it.

He was genuinely edgy and for no good reason in the beginning, but so was the entirety of the Black Swordsman.

Wyald and Lost Children are too graphic even for any kind of anime adaptation though they're amazing, there's absolutely no way they would be in a live action.

Lost Children and Tower of Conviction are better than Golden Age though.

Watch the first three seasons.
Pretend every jojo after that doesn't exist.
Pretend Ricky-Oh is the original sucessor to Jojo.
Watch Fist of the North start when getting tempted to watch any jojo after the first 3.

Guts had all reasons to be edgy. He had a hard life.

>You don't make your hero a rape victim if you want that

Except that was literally what Snyder said about Batman in his "darker" world.

Nice try though.

All of those networks are pussies for not doing Elric of Melniboné.
youtube.com/watch?v=7AbNiMxFJpc

JoJo Part 4 is pretty comfy though and has some of the most popular memes.

They re-imagined Evangelion under the title "Twin Peaks."

I just started reading the berserk comics (I refuse to say I read manga) after seeing the cartoon (I refuse to say I watch anime). They're really fucking good.

Accurate post.

Thank God, I don't want to imagine how terrible the adaptation would be

good you stupid underage faggot

Kek

Memes aren't representative of a shows actual quality.
4 is where the shark jumping becomes deliberate instead of endearingly cheesy.

>wanting to see that shit in the first place

Get help.

They are but Elric is too massive in scope if you include the overall multiverse.

But do you really want them to fuck up ELRIC?

There's almost zero chance of doing it justice.

>(I refuse to say I read manga)
>(I refuse to say I watch anime)
>I refuse to say the correct terms for something
Your facebook comment is awful

Heck, Peter Jackson didn't even do justice to the Lord of the Rings movies. But it brought more people to the books, and I'd settle for a decent attempt.
Could make it an anthology series of sorts.

>This is the only manga I've read because it felt embarrassing to read backwards and all that shit,
I don't understand this, do you refuse to watch movies with subtitles too? It's just a visual novel in a different language, it's not the necronomicon.

Sorry I'm not a faggot weeb.

But you are, you just deny it and are therefore both a faggot weeb but also incapable of using words correctly

I bet you fap to traps and say you're straight

Art design by Amano, music by Hirasawa but who gets to direct.
Not Memetoro i hope. His team did give us the best Elric expy but i don't think he's got the chops for the grim fatality of Elric.

But there's nothing gay about fapping to traps.

>unimaginably violent
Not really, just a lot of war. Later on he fights demons, so who cares if it's violent or not. If anything, it's all the Miura's cunny inserts that would be problematic on American TV.

>cunny inserts
Elaborate

>ummmm I won't use the word anime
>but ummm I will use the word weeb
Is this what 12 year olds are like in 2017?

>Could make it an anthology series of sorts.
Vignettes with Elric, Cornelius, Oswald and Jherek etc etc?

I can see that happening at least with small animation teams. But the cosmos is too buttfucking bizarre to get the funding.

Watch the first two seasons of the 2012 show, read the rest of it.

I've been waiting for this for years now... i thought that once GOT ending there was a real chance but between wheel of time, Black Company and the GOT spin offs i think that train just sailed for like 7 more years... unless The Dark Tower adaptation/ sequel is actually a success (doubtful) and Hollywood decides to try and adapt other fantasy franchises.

they would need to air a nude child

there's some sicc moth cunny that prevents possibly the best arc ever being adapted

This is one of the early villains. And yes, she's always naked and you the nipples on this picture were censored out

>I've been waiting for this for years now.
But do you really want to see it be done badly?

God knows, it can turn into another John Carter.

>but i don't think he's got the chops for the grim fatality of Elric

Perhaps, but a part of it I think has more to do with how he hasn't been given the chance to go fully grim and dark beyond his Spanish language films.
Hellboy would have definitely benefited from an R rating, but obviously (for the time) it didn't get one, thus hindering the darkness that's associated with the property and necessary for a proper adoption.
Though if there was an upside to him not getting to direct his fabled At The Mountains of Madness adoption, it's that it was spared the studio proposed PG-13 3D Tom Cruise adventure romp treatment it seemed headed towards.

>tfw there won't be room for a Malazan series among all those

Schierke falling over Guts after Casca rips off her towel

I might need to investigate to verify these disgusting claims.

We really fucking need /film/ backed by /lit/

It's kinda nuts considering Elric and Moorcock are direct inspiration for Hellboy.

Not to mention the fact that his biggest ally is a flying naked boy. Yeah, he's got no dick, but he's always on screen and always naked.

Thats some monkeys paw shit and you know it user. You wanna see a shitty adaption of lost children?

youtube.com/watch?v=rWt5WB7wtJ0
>character is supposedly edgy
>he has the most comfy theme of all time

With a healthy dose of Conan, Lovecraft and just early 20th century pulp in general.
But yeah, Elric and Moorcock are such direct inspirations to a lot of things, it's ridiculous. Wouldn't have Witcher, Berserk or Drizzt without them, and George R. R. Martin probably wouldn't be writing fantasy.