How much do non-native English speakers understand English music?

How much do non-native English speakers understand English music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XC9YY1urT8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=sdyC1BrQd6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I never care about the lyrics. All I care is the instrument and the melody.

If it is not a black person music, all of it

It depends on how proficient they are. I understand nearly everything.

Depends on what music i listen to. I hardly understand what metal is singing about, but i can understand old rock bands like the Beatles, the Who to much extent

youtu.be/XC9YY1urT8Q

Inside outside leave me alone~

Pretty much everything unless there is a "mama appelsap" in the song and then you only hear that. It's something like this but instead from indian to english it's english to dutch: youtube.com/watch?v=sdyC1BrQd6g

I'm sure you can transcribe every trash metal song out there, buddy.

still blows my mind how a non-native speaker could understand how that video is funny

This

What music do you like?

i can usually understand pretty much perfectly
except for songs that I think are unintelligible even to native speakers
that's a skill I'm very proud of and am obnoxious about when I'm around people and english music is playing
peple hate me, that's how good I am

We pretty much all speak English here with a funny accent.

It's pretty straightforward.

i mean that vid is sure, but i mean more the idea of getting humour in a foreign language. i could go and study danish for years and i probably still wouldn't get why something is funny in danish. it's pretty impressive desu

i probably understand nigger rap better than you lmao softboy whiteboy soygoy cucktoy

I almost never focus on lyrics, honestly, even in my native language. Probably because I listen to heavy music with indistinguishable vocals.

i think the moment i listened to an english language song and finally understood what it says is the turning point when i could finally claim "i understand english"
but it's not 100%, misheard lyrics is a real issue

>i could go and study danish for years and i probably still wouldn't get why something is funny in danish. it's pretty impressive desu
>this is what monolingual virgins think

almost 100%

Time to stop posting you dumb gook

uh oh i really touched the nerve there hahaa~~
>tfw experiencing the world through the prism of knowing multiple languages, it's like living in 5D
>butthurt monolingual virgins exist in 2D like Worms game
ahahahahhahahaha if I were you I would be upset too my little man

99%