Thinking about reading 52 Anything I should know beforehand?

Thinking about reading 52 Anything I should know beforehand?

>Anything I should know
Christ killing kikes did 9/11

Infinite Crisis

52 is a very good read, first of all. Now here's the relevant plot points for someone who's unaware of the state of DC at the time.

The Elongated Man's wife, Sue Dibny, was murdered by Jean Loring, the Atom's ex-wife.

Infinite Crisis, which immediately precedes 52 chronologically, resulted in the deaths of Superboy and Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle.

In addition, a bunch of heroes went off into space to stop something and never came back, and Black Adam regained control of his home country, Khandaq. Superman has lost his powers, Wonder Woman is kinda persona non grata because she killed a man on television, and Batman is taking a sabbatical.

So this is a year without the big three, but not a year without heroes.

Also this

It's a pretty neat concept but they didn't get it right the first time.

Read Countdown instead, it's the more polished do-over.

Man, I remember reading this for the first time as a novel. What a ride.
>So this is a year without the big three, but not a year without heroes.
This, desu. There are no small heroes, only less famous.

Don't listen to this man

Might want to read Infinite Crisis first. I read 52 without having read that first and still enjoyed it though.

Didio pls

It was one of the first DC things I read and I was fine. I guess I had general familiarity from cartoons and shit though.

To this day I haven't read the first 1/4 of 52. Back when I was first getting into comics, my library only had 2-4, and I still haven't read the entire thing.

nah

Fuck it. And I'm including the backups.

i mean one series is literally a history lesson

this is a compliment

I hate that the trades don't include the backups. I've only read the series in trade so I've never even seen them, so I'll follow along here. Do you know if they're available anywhere collected?

GOD BLESS YOU, JOHNNY

Shut up baby, I know it.
I believe there was a trade called "The Origins of the DC Universe or something like that.

Are you doing all the issues senpai or just a few as an intro for this op

You are a cruel man user.

I'm planning on at least the first ten issues, as that's all will fit in this thread. After that we'll see! I might spread it out over the week.

Holy fucking shit are you story timing the entirety of 52??????

Isn't that the question of the day

Oh bby you da best

Week two! I'm leaving this on auto-post, but I'll be in the other room playing Overwatch so I should be able to respond quickly to issues.

Who're your top three chars played

Junkrat, Reinhardt, Roadhog.

user mentioned his issue with the trades is that they don't include the backups; I think a much bigger problem is that they don't include these covers with the tickertape at the bottom.

You absolute madman. Good luck, this is a true masterpiece.

I fucking love 52, I read it when i didn't know capes and it's partially to blame for my DCU obession. All will be well.

There so I'd always be a biweekly book that functions as DC's universe seasonal TV show format. Shit like futures end would of been better off in a main 52 style book that follows ground level, and lesser known cosmic/magic characters as we see what's up this year in DCs planned events

New TPB of the first 26 Issues comes out Wednesday, and it will have the backups.

34.99 for the first volume of two, second one comes out around xmas

Steel's a fucking asshole

>Black Adam giving a shit about how many people died during a crisis
>Shortly after goes on a murdering rampage throughout the entire planet.

you da real mvp, teth