What would you add or change?

What would you add or change?

Can't wait for Hollywood to fucking die under its own weight

For starters fucking Gamera is not Toho's so they dont have the right for that character.

>What would you add
a nuclear bomb.
in the very center of Hollywood

top kek
this

Kong doesnt belong to Toho either. They had to license him for his old crossovers. no reason Legendary can't license Gamera from Daiei so long as we're fantasizing.

>all these movie studios that are desperate for their own cinematic universe that climaxes in a huge team up movie that can never get their act together to actually get to the huge team up movie when Marvel will be on its THIRD huge team up movie by next year

As a fan of kaijus I would love this. But, Rodan is nowhere near popular enough in the west to carry its own film. Mothra and Gamera are cutting it very, very close as well, though do have more market appeal. Godzilla and King Kong are unquestionably head and shoulders above the rest in terms of western market appeal.

Godzilla: $529,076,069
Kong: $565,936,305

Those are good enough numbers for Warner/Legendary though I'm sure they were hoping to crack $600,000,000 for each.

The OP's picture is fake, The Monsterverse cinematic universe is only planning a Godzilla Sequel and then Godzilla vs. Kong. That's their end-game, just these movies.

>a bunch of weeb shit and kong
monsterverse a shit

The original cinematic universe way before Marvelfags.

Skull Island was actually pretty decent.
Shame they're gonna drag it into all this 'verse' shit. It was just fine on its own.

Gotta get Gigan and Megalon in there, bro it up good fucking up Seattle or San Diego.

He's a main monster in the next Godzilla movie. I think they could easily build him up by then

It'd be terrific if King of the Monsters did well and Warner Bros/Legendary felt confident in giving Mothra and Rodan solo films. I'm just not sure how much of a tolerance western viewers will have with the kaiju formula. G14 executed the formula to a T and people bitched that it was boring.

Take out that Kong movie. He is shit and does not need his own franchise and neither does Rodan. Replace with more Godzilla vs movies and fast track Gamera for a Godzilla vs Gamera movie and future solo sequels of Gamera.

The next Godzilla will crack $600mil if it's actually good

What fucking purpose is there for a cinematic Universe for this shit? Why not just have sequels with a new monster and maybe a special one every once in a while?

Why have a Kong movie separated from a Godzilla movie?

Why not just Godzilla, Godzilla 2: Wrath of King, then Godzilla: Mothra attacks or some shit?

You'll make the same amount of money, maybe more (no bloated useless movies that have a chance of flopping) and just make a movie series.

I say a silent prayer every night that Gypsy Danger or a robot of some form makes its way into the mix. Hoping beyond hope but I want to see Godzilla take a rocket punch straight to the jaw.

When it comes to kaiju the concept of a cinematic universe has always existed in Japan. It just never had a formal name.

That is what they're doing. The OP's image is fake you idiot. Rodan's is written in the Flash font, King Kong Escapes has the Cyborg logo, etc.

To be fair, Godzilla kind of already did the "cinematic universe" shit in the 60s

It was never originally intended to be a cinematic universe though and there wasn't a coherent storyline to follow.
It eventually just became Monster 1 vs Monster 2 movies while retconning certain events on a whim

These anons are correct. We are experience rebirth.

A shame what they're doing to it now.

This isn't a "Waaah, female Mummy, no Brendan Fraser" post - there has been a female mummy from the very first, and it's only now that one finally gets to do anything. I'm more concerned with the possibility that they don't know what they're doing with it all. Dracula Untold was kind of weak, and I'm not feeling the creepiness of it.

Maybe it's the fact that they're filming in color?

It may be fake, but the fact still stands, why is there a Godzilla movie, then a separate King Kong movie, then later the King Kong v Godzilla?

There is no reason for separate movies, just make a Godzilla v King Kong movie. Godzilla doesn't have some kind of tortured past that creates crazy motivation for an extra 2+ hour movie.

>Bride of Frankenstein's going to be a movie about feminist liberation and how "men try to control women"

Dracula Untold was a fucking abomination. Its name should be considered the gravest of insults.

The Kong movie already came out.

And it's because they wanted to reintroduce Kong since they had to wait to do Godzilla 2 first, since they wanted Godzilla fighting some classic monsters in a film before they did Kong vs. Godzilla.

I would change them all into something watchable

jesus fucking christ

My nigga

Hollywood was a mistake

Having more films past King Kong vs. Godzilla comes down to how well King of the Monsters fairs. I really hope it does well. If that happens I hope that Warner Bros, Toho, and Daiei can make something work with Gamera. It's the only way to one-up Godzilla vs. King Kong without Warner Bros creating their own overpowered monster.

Throw one more Godzilla movie in after Gamera.

Follow Destroy all Monsters with an Ultraman movie and a Kamen Rider movie. Introduce Jet Jaguar somewhere in there.

Yes please

Needs more of the best Kaiju, Varan.

The only kaiju movie to have any gravitas is Cloverfield. Shame that Redditors turned on that movie as soon as Le JJ Abrams gave the IP to le based Jon Goodman's cellar movie. Pretentious twats.

It's too bad Marvel goes out of its way to be the worst of the bunch

So it's confirmed then?
2014>Annoshit

>gravitas is cloverfield
Summerfag detected

Needs more Megalon

Yeah, I'm sure they won't make anymore if any of these movies make tons of cash.

make them be directed by anno!!!!

rec me some obscure kaiju kinos

this is stupid, they should just pour movie into the dark universe extended universe.

One flop and its dust
Don't engage in hype, that's free marketing
Don't go and see

6th by my count, 2 avengers, civil war, 2 guardians movies....

It literally doesn't matter. I don't even like the Marvel movies but obviously the studio is doing something right. Normies eat Marvel's dick and they make a shit-ton of money. Pop culture is obsessed with fellating these movies and every other studio is struggling hard to create something so consistently successful. Looking back, its actually baffling how good of a decision it was of Marvel to start making a cinematic universe well before any of the competition.

Capitalism was a mistake.

The Heisei Gamera trilogy is fucking perfection

make original movies

lel

>It literally doesn't matter.
It's always Marvel fans that say that out of all films. Hmmm weird.

>King Kong Escapes
Is that really the best title they could come up with?

Needs a giantess.

>Mothra

For the love of God, please no cringy singing twin fairies.

Wouldn't Godzilla: King of Monsters sound much better than Godzilla: King of the Monsters?

You're forgetting the Pacific Rim/Godzilla crossover.