Weekend Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Crushing 'The Mummy'

>Universal's The Mummy, starring Tom Cruise, is getting buried by holdover Woman Woman at the Friday box office, according to early returns.

>The reboot — the first title in the studio's new monsters-themed Dark Universe — is projected to gross $11 million or so Friday, including $2.6 million in Thursday previews, for a dismal $30 million to $32 million domestic debut. The Mummy is off to a stronger start internationally.

>Wonder Woman, the hit superhero film directed by Patty Jenkins, remains a champ in its second weekend. The Warner Bros. movie is expected to earn $15 million Friday for a $51 million-plus weekend, a drop of less than 50 percent. That's almost unheard of for a superhero film.

>The Mummy needs to do well overseas, where Cruise still enjoys major star status, in order to avoid getting embalmed. So far, it is doing good business, earning $20.5 million through Thursday after opening in some territories midweek. And in China, it debuted to $18.7 million Friday to mark the biggest opening day for a film starring Tom Cruise. The star also scored his top opening day ever at the Russian box office Thursday with $1.6 million.

Chinks in charge of saving the Cruise. Too bad I've read that even in China the WOM is horrible.

WW was mediocre, but the Mummy looked like straight ass and Tom Cruise sucks so I'm glad.

>I unironically enjoyed The Mummy

Goddammit why can't cheesy monster movies ever do well?

I personally just hate Tom Cruise

WW box office estimates are bullshit. And the ones for Black Panther will be as well.

>Hollywood accounting

Hi Brad

Nigga the Mummy was shit, Brendan Fraser one shits all over it.

You didn't see. It was in the vain of Edge of Tomorrow.

Yes i fucking did and after seeing it i wanted to punch the faggot that made go with him...it was a literal capeshit forced humour Tom Cruise runs from a bunch of cgi zombies faggotry express.

that sounds like Edge of Tomorrow.

exactly once the dust settled Edge of Tomorrow became top tier film.

>It was in the vain of Edge of Tomorrow.

When was that? Because I think we saw two different movies.

/ourgal/ does it again

his progression from 0 to hero
and getting beat the fuck out of the entire movie which is funny.

Why are Wonder shills so desperate. They're pretty much attacking everything right now. Now they're attacking the Black Panther movie.

Oh and the power that he gets at the end. I think your just a DC faggot shill DESU

>it's a Sup Forums has to decide between praising the jews or defending palestinians episode

>It's not possible to think both movies are great

I *just* saw wonder woman. Why are people praising it so much?
It was really forgettable.

I had to keep myself from laughing out loud at the reveal of the big bad.

Because The Mummy was done to cheesy monster movie perfection nearly 20 years ago.

What a bomb