/lang/ - Language Learning Thread

Hasn't been a thread for a few days and I miss my /lang/bros, so I guess I'll try making the thread.

>Last few threads were made by a cunt, feel free to ask questions if you're still unsure about what language to learn
We're all friends at /lang/, no need to be a cunt because someone is unsure about what language to invest a few years into.

>Learning resources
First and foremost check the Sup Forums Wiki. Please contribute to the wiki as you learn a new language. Many pages need updates. Some pages are completely absent (Hungarian for example)

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Check """pastebin.com/ACEmVqua"""; for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides.

/Lang/ is currently short on those image guides, so if you can pitch in to help create one for a given language, don't hesitate to do so!

Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30 plus languages:
Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk# (Links to the other folders, apparently it was taken down from the original drive)

Last thread: First time making /lang/ thread, go easy on me if I fucked something up. Also I made my own picture for the occasion :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=C42A770ACD5D66F6355FDD5CDBFDD393
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

HOW DO WE FIX UK'S LANGUAGE LEARNING PROBLEM

Revise the entire language, make all our dailects their own languages (using old slag, rootwords etc,) and start teaching them in schools.
England becomes one of the most multi-lingual countries and multiple aesthetic languages are born aswell as few shit ones.
>I wish.

It's a problem in all anglo countries. Until something usurps English as the lingua franca then Anglos will be at a disadvantage in my opinion.

Japanese is easy

Duolingo a shit
Rosetta Stone a shit
Any language learning program that tries to simulate immersion a shit

I've learned more from this highschool Russian textbook in two days than I ever learned from Duolingo.

Just my two cents.

Any tips for learning sub saharan african languages? I'm learning Dutch

What book have you been using? I picked up Wade's Comprehensive Russian Grammar and it's incredibly in-depth but it's more of a reference text, kinda hard to just open up and read but god tier for looking up and taking notes on a specific subject

I also feel like following Russian people on social media and trying to read and understand their posts is helping me more overall than duolingo is

love grammar books

PSA that if you do use Duolingo to get started, use the desktop version for all new lessons and only use the mobile app for reviewing words before bed

The desktop version has a small grammar explanation in each lesson but this is completely absent from the app, so if you only use the app you'll see the context of the grammar but it won't really explain why it's like that or give you the actual rules for things like conjugation so you'll just end up confused

Memrise is the opposite, the app has a better UI and the desktop version does weird things like time you on typing words in the foreign language so you run out of time trying to type two 8 letter russian words with your foreign keyboard setting that doesn't line up with qwerty

Fucking impossible to pick a language as an anglo. fuck.

I know this feel very well lad. Its fucking ridicolous. I dont think any other country is in a linguistically similar situation as ours, its fucking hard to make the choice.

You already know the lingua franca so just go wild and pick whichever one seems fun or belongs to an interesting country

Start with Latin, go from there.

Since British kids are ADHD-riddled semi-retards who can't concentrate for more than ten minutes on any one thing, they aren't taught grammar, at all. Learning Latin will teach you this, as well as give you a head-start for the Romance languages.

1) $100+ Million in VC funding from Google Ventures, Seagate, Core Innovation Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, IDG Capital Partners, AME

Cloud Ventures, Standard Chartered, Accenture Ventures, SCB Digital Ventures, SBI Holdings.
2) 200+ employees, including former SWIFT execs
3) Offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, Mumbai, Singapore and Luxembourg
4) Sits on Federal Reserve Task Force 5/17/17
5) Sits on US Fintech Advisory Board 10/19/17
6) SEC Registered
7) ~$15 Billion in unrealized assets (~$110 Billion as of 12/31/17)
8) Q1 2017 - $6.7 million in institutional purchases of XRP
9) Q2 2017 - $21 million in institutional purchases of XRP
10) Q3 2017 - $19.6 million in institutional purchases of XRP
11) 100+ Banks testing/implementing Ripple tech as of 10/10/17
12) Confirmed real world use of XRP on 10/10/17 by Cuallix
13) Partnership with AMEX announced on 11/16/17
14) $100 million XRP denominated hedge fund announced on 11/28/17 by Michael Arrington, founder of TechCrunch.
15) 61 Bank Consortium out of Japan announce RippleNet is "Production Ready" on 12/6/17
16) 55 Billion XRP Escrow Lockup announced 12/7/17
17) 12/13/17 - Yoshita Kitao, Chairman at SBI Global Asset Management Co., Ltd., SBI Capital Management Co., Ltd., SBI Financial

Services Co., Ltd. and SBI Securities Co., Ltd. tweets they are "All in on XRP".
18) 12/15/17 - 61 Japanese/South Korean banks announce Ripple trials to commence and run through 1/31/18, with intent to use XRP upon

completion.
19) 12/19/17 - Zoe Cruz, Co-president of Morgan Stanley for institutional securities and wealth management, named to Forbes "most

powerful women" 2005, 2006, 2007, ranked 16th most powerful woman in the world in 2007 by Fortune.com; added to Ripple's board of

directors.
20) 12/29/17 - 3 Japanese credit card companies partner with Ripple: JCB, Sumitomo Mitsui Card, and Credit Saison.

Boзьмитe мeня в тюpьмy!

Bump

Tell me your secrets sensei

Have you guys ever tried the Natural Method? It's highly recommended.

gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=C42A770ACD5D66F6355FDD5CDBFDD393

пocaдитe мeня в тюpьмy*

Take speak English with Russian words

Don’t * I mean

>completed Basics 1, Basics 2 and Phrases in French on Duolingo
>23% Fluent

wew

Bump

The choice is easy as an anglo.

French or German

Learned a decent amount of German over the past few years, now using it as a ladder of sorts for Japanese, although that's proving more difficult than I thought it would be since more Japanese teaching guides are EN to JP than DE to JP.