Lets make a great movie

>lets make a great movie
>then ruin it with an edgy ending

but the entire movie was a big bore desu

There are two things wrong with your post OP... Like both of your opinions.

That ending would have been pretty cool if it were left ambiguous about which pod was which. I got pretty angry about the actual ending. Tossed my remaining popcorn on the floor in protest.

This piece of shit wil be completely forgotten once The God Delusion opens

t.brainlet

i dont get that poster. why is there a hand inside the space helmet?

>great movie
If you've seen Alien, you've seen Life but better.

this movie is way better than aliens covenant

t. /r/movies

>We were better off alone
Not quite Day of the Dolphin, but that's an hilariously bad tagline

I don't get this poster. Why is there a skull with eyes?

AH YES, THE ENDING OF LIFE

>Let's make a clone of Alien and pretend it's an original movie.

The 'twist' ending sucked, but the movie was shit long before that due to being yet another installment of 'idiots in space'.

It seems almost impossible for the shit that goes by the name of screenwriters to write characters who act rationally and yet end up in a dangerous situation.

So instead we have astronauts with the logic thinking of slasher-movie teens...

I thought the helmet was just reflecting what is in front of it

>idiots in space
The first "fuck it bro, I'm goin' in there" moment irritated me but after that they were just funny

Still better then "Alien Covenant".

so what happened

Talk about lowering the bar

It's the best Alien movie since Alien.
inb4 Aliensfags

yeah this movie wasnt very good

but the filming was great

so and so movie but the ending saved it.

>YFW IT CUTS BETWEEN THEIR CAPSULES AND THEYRE BOTH SCREAMING

LIFE WAS ALIEN X GRAVITY

THEY LIFTED THE EXPLODING DEBRIS SPACE STATION THING RIGHT OFF GRAVITY BUT FUCKED HER ON THE GRAVITY ENDING

How else are skeletons supposed to see?

fuck no
u
c
k

n
o

covenant was dissapointing sure but it wasn't forgettable garbage like this POS, which I'm only remembered of its existance when it gets posted

I was severely disappointed by this shit. While I wasn't expecting hard sci-fi I thought they'd at least make a somewhat believable astronaut movie.

ITS A DECONSTRUCTION OF THE GENRE

HE DOESN'T GET TO MAKE HIS HEROIC SACRIFICE, SHE DOESN'T CLAW OUT HER HAPPY ENDING

ONLY PLEBS DIDN'T GET LIFE

Bump

what happened in the end? did everyone ded?

yup. No one could hear my disappointment

>Kaneda, what do you see?
shity movie with good actors and lousy script

>Lets combine 2001 SO, Gravity and Alien in one movie. What could go wrong?

The ending was fun

So what triggered Calvin? The clamp/valve thing or the prodding? Or was Calvin always an evil asshole?

What was the ending?

>Or was Calvin always an evil asshole?
It was always like that. They made a huge mistake when someone said that its more curious than fearful. Actually it was aggresive. Also "idiots in space"

It reached earth

Rebecca's character escapes in a pod back down to Earth, Jake's character ejects in a pod into deep space with the alien with him. Pod lands on Earth, you think it's Rebecca's pod that has landed on Earth but oh no TWEEST it's Jake's pod that landed on Earth.

Dont forget some chinks opening the pod despite him screaming no. It was kino

chinks would have killed, fried and eaten it within minutes. never underestimate the ruthless cunning of the chink. kino ending

The ending with them eating it with some soy souce and noodles would have saved the movie. I am absolutely honest with this

>a great movie
nope
>edgy ending
stupid!=edgy

oh, so that explains why there were so many plot holes and how nothing they did made sense from scientific or engineering perspectives? did they even think to consult a NASA adviser? probably not since their aim wasn't to make a decent space film but MUH DECONSTRUCTION

a shitty movie is a bad movie
a movie that people insist is deeper than it really is a terrible movie that should never have been made

stay mad, faggot

taking seriously a film made for the masses.

*hulk smash!*

>'idiots in space'.
I wonder how real astronauts feel about that? I read Chris Hadfield's book and he said he basically spent every waking moment going over procedures so no matter what went wrong, he'd have a solution to it.

You'd think more space horror movies would try to capitalize on the fear of doing everything the "book" says, and still having the situation going to shit.

It was the electric shocks that triggered him, right?

Can someone spoil the ending.

ending made me chuckle, otherwise a really boring and predictable experience

Poor Miranda ;_;

Imagine how her space suit must smell after a couple days adrift in deep space with no way to relieve herself whatsoever haha

they try to lure it into an escape pod and have the escape pod fly off into deep space, while the other surviving astronaut takes the other escape pod and lands on earth

they shoot/edit the scenes like everything went fine.

Shocker, the escape pod on earth has the alien in it!

I would've just taken the helmet off and opened the door

>Ryan Reynolds being his usual self
>Dies in the first 20 minutes

That was hilarious marketing to get butts in seats. I wish I could have seen the mad in theaters.

how would you guys feel if they actually went and said this movie was a venom origin story

intense boredom as that wasn't funny the first time it was posted.