What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1MDtEGuT2GQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Green screen out the ass and characters never really interacting with each other.

dunno, stopped it during the middle of the season

the fact that they were focusing on a different character each episode and forgetting the others didnt help at all

>lack of original writers
>disjointed scenes without full cast
>time

Schedules not lining up, resulting in a whole new slew of side characters, many of which had no stage presence and weren't funny
No episode had a self contained story like the original run - there was never "premise, buildup, punchline based on the plot threads unexpectedly coming together". It was all premise - "this happened, then this happened, then this, etc". No big punchlines, just an ongoing sequence of events for the entire season. Combined with the fact that episodes often repeated events to tell them from a different perspective, it made watching it feel like a huge grind that never really paid off

Season 5 only has hope if they manage to get everyone together for a majority of the time and go back to episodes with punchlines
I'm looking more forward to Lady Dynamite season 2 tbqh

Probably the most kino season

It completely killed the characters. Just going from the first episode, Michael become a total schmuck, and George-Michael a douche.

You've outted yourself as a pleb

hurr

>george michael fucking some mom in spain
>a good character decision

I think ultimately the real problem is the same problem the Star Wars prequels have: they let the creator off the reigns.

Over-narration, each episode was 8 minutes too long, Michael Cera was a writer, they never had everyone to film an episode at the same time

Cunt

A
N
U
S
T
A
R
T

George Michael did nothing wrong.

>officially getting over maeby
>nothing wrong

you ever even been on a plane you piece of shit?

Maeby

I still think the whole fantastic four plot was the best part of the season

time

The Gob and Tobias episodes were the saving graces of that season

George Michael, Maeby, and Buster also had good episodes. the george senior episodes on the other hand...

>tfw season 5 is going to go all out with the "George sr comes out as trans" thing

That line threw me. Michael would never say something like that.

Everyone felt a bit out of character. What were they thinking?

I believe that was partly the point of S4
but I wouldn't say it was a good thing

Michael was never at rock bottom in the original series.

And of course he'd say something like that. Look how he treated Ann?

They were going to do that, but Jeffrey Tambor plays a tranny in Transparent so they can't do it anymore. Same goes with the Mexico wall storyline and Trump.

That was always funny though. 'Her?' was lighthearted; no swearing. That line just came across as petty and mean.

>but Jeffrey Tambor plays a tranny in Transparent so they can't do it anymore
Has hurwitz actually said that? I would've thought they'd use that as an opportunity to make reference jokes, but I guess I can see how that could be considered poor taste since AD would almost definitely be making fun of it in some regard

It had a few bad episodes, felt off because of the lack of character interaction, and took longer to grasp than the first few seasons, you didn't really 'get' a lot of it until later episodes. It gets better with each rewatch, though that's true for the whole series. That said, I think it deserves a lot more credit for how cleverly they wove the storylines together, and the amount of thought they put into the jokes throughout.

Also this scene is one of the funniest in the series youtube.com/watch?v=1MDtEGuT2GQ

No Maeby sitting on George Michael's lap.

Hey, watcha tryin to say to me?