Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Paradis_massacre
youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WHOOOM
WHOOOM
WHOOOM

Nolan is a hack

it's not a stupid capeshit film. Those are the only thing "cool" these days. I hope I find some way to extend my life so I watch this generation of fucking plebs die out.

>PG13
>lead actor is that One Direction kid
>hack Nolan
What's to get hyped about?

For normies Nolan's name is hype itself. Box office wil be at least decent.

almost no marketing

actors are serviceable or meme-tier

trailers aren't that great

it doesn't have an inherently interesting hook that grabs your interest

there is no lead actor

>war movie
>PG13

Nolan, I...

The trailers looked boring. The premise is extremely boring. The characters in trailer seem extra boring.

Will probably be Nolans first flop.

Using a WW2 battle where tens of thousands died as a CGI Michael Bay level action movie is offensive as hell. But, we've shit all over everything else in this world, might as well shit on that too.

Because
>oh another warfilm same as the others
They are all predictably boring. Especially American made ones.

its a film for adults, not the social media crazed teens.

the adults will flock to it, the kids will shitpost on tv/ about waifus

>he's not hype for another installment of Nolan's Retarded Extras Universe

Not at all. It's CGI kiddie garbage.

brava nolan
brava

>le cgi meme

I look forward to it. Nolan takes a lot more care with his own projects than he did with capes

Too white

Hollywood are not catering to white male kids anymore, seeing that mature white male manchildren are the reason why the country is in shamble.

They want the future of the country to be safe in the hands of white women, who will grow up watching empowering movies such as Ghostbusters, Wonder Woman and Black Panter.

It will be probably very good like most Nolan movies. You contrarian fags need to check yourselves.

Doubt anyone sane suggests it's going to be bad. The OP asked why there was no hype for it.

Because Sup Forums has shit opinions, is this news?

Whaaaat !?!?!? Meh ... you are the hack !!!

The script will be weak, like most Nolan movies

The script will be weak, like most Nolan movies

Who pays you?

>a movie for the 6,000,000th time about da ebil nazis

I think I'll fuckken take a pass shlomo

Dunkirk had no significance in American history, so here in America there's absolutely no reason for hype. War movies are only popular here when there's some American involvement desu.

>greyish, slow war movie about soldiers fleeing from a lost battle

Kids won't care about this

>PG13
>one direction fag
You can't be serious. Is this just going to be some teen girl flick.

>MUH NAZIS DINDU NUFFIN
name me a single film about the strange circumstances involving Dunkirk and how it literally was a pivotal point in the European theater?

>le joo meme

>War movies are only popular here when there's some American involvement desu
Do you live in a hole underground?

It's about the soldiers fucking off, the nazis could be replaced by flying dinosaurs and not much would change.

If it has to be a warmovie, he should've go with the eastern front. So we'd actually get some nazis doing nazi things and more.

>MUH JEWS DINDU NUFFEN

They've just been kicked out of hundreds of countries and found themseleves inside a gas chamber for NOOOOOOOOOOOO REASON AT ALLLLLLLL.

He is making a nigger flick.

I only wanna watch this for Tom Hardy

>this tired meme again
You have your own board you know. It's just the same three to four Sup Forumsisms over and over.

Idiots like you always needed some clear target to hate. What's better than some guys who believe in an other skywizard and think themselves as a chosen race.

Suck my uncircumkiked cock faggot

>he's from One Direction
>that means he isn't allowed to act
Yes, musicians have never become successful actors.

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

I hate the kikes because of what they do not their preferred imaginary friends.

Can't argue with that. Woah, why aren't more people taking Sup Forums seriously???

I wonder what it is actually like to be associated with a board of perpetually persecuted losers?

user, no, your first time should be special...

>Jared Leto
This is weak bait

Except for Lord of War, in which is played mediocre, there's no role he has done well

JIDF Fuck Off

Its another WW2 film that nobody really asked for. And it's a Nolan one so everyone knows it'll be slick and polished and soulless, with the same old faces, overly bombastic with pretentious speeches and 2deep4u catchphrases destined to be turned into Facebook macros.

Nolan is boring. His brilliance is mechanical, his films feel like they were made by AI.

>calling Jared Leto a successful actor is bait
Sometimes I do forget this board is filled with children.

This

>I saw one Leto film

Oh right, I forgot he technically was in Reddit(You)'s favorite movie, fight club and American psycho

I mean Philly but that's pretty much the same thing

>y-y-you rebbit!
Oh wow, sure showed me. Looks like I better stop posting now.

The rating makes sense in terms of the story, he doesn't want to make a yet another Saving Private Ryan.
Some excerpts from an extensive Dunkirk interview:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

>[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema.

>Short run time
>War film that is rated PG-13, so probably won't capture the true horrors of Dunkirk
>A cast that no one knows about
>Good setting but from the trailers, its not something people want to watch in theaters because it looks like a documentary
>The soundtrack is shit, its just fucking ticking, I don't know how people like it
>Probably has 0 fucking action sequences that will look good

Just fucking look at the catch phrase "The event that shaped our world". You know Nolan won't even try to deliver good ol' war drama, but instead a borefest filled with "meaningful" speeches .

NOT ENOUGH FEMINISM

TOO MANY MEN, TOO MANY WHITE MEN

THIS ISN'T WHAT WE NEED RIGHT NOW IN TRUMP'S AMERICA

MEMES ASIDE I'M HYPE FOR POSSIBLY THE LAST 70MM IMAX FILM EVER MADE, ITS GONNA BE FUCKIN SICK

>won't capture the true horrors of Dunkirk

What true horrors of Dunkirk?
This movie is about transporting a fuckload of people from point A to point B, not about the usual "war is hell" theme.
"The horror" was the waiting, there were no massive one on one bloody battles.
Suspense and time are the main themes here, not blood and guts.

If you go in this movie expecting a Saving Private Ryan/Hacksaw Ridge you will be even more dissapointed.

Because everyone in America thinks we won WW2 by ourselves and no one cares about anything outside of that narrative.

Dunkirk was also the sight of a battle, friendo...

>Why no hype?

I don't know what it was like in Americlap land but here the "trailers" for it before Wonder Woman were like 10 second clips scattered among the other trailers and ads. It was really off putting

I CARE ABOUT NOLAN CRASHING WW2 PLANES IN IMAX

PRACTICAL EFFECTS, NO FUCKING SURVIVORS

SHITS GONNA BE AWESOME, WHOEVER MISSES IT WILL HAVE MISSED IT

>"Nolan reconditioned actual warships for the shoot, including the French Navy destroyer Maillé-Brézé, and reportedly spent $5 million of the budget on a vintage aircraft so as to attach it with IMAX cameras before crashing it on-screen"
>aircraft
>crashing it on-screen

NOLAN THE MEMEGOD DELIVERS YET AGAIN, WHOEVER ISN'T HYPED FOR THIS IS A FILTHY TOURIST REDDITOR

Fight club. And that heroin movie, ive forgotten the name.

>a movie about UK's cowardice
I can read the news if I want that

DONT MIND THEM

THESE ARE THE IDIOT PLEBS WHO THINK WONDER WOMAN WAS ANYTHING BETTER THAN A 4/10 THROWAWAY CAPESHIT

A PRECIOUS NOLAN MASTERPIECE IS COMING AGAIN TO GRACE THE BIGGEST SCREENS

A true patrician

>What true horrors of Dunkirk?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Paradis_massacre

To name but one.

Also the entire fucking battle.

That does sound pretty badass, not going to lie.

This is just a side tragedy that happened and probably won't even be mentioned in this movie.
This is not a "le ebil nazis" film, the enemy could be whoever and all the soldiers will be nameless soldiers with no history on both sides.
Read this

>side tragedy
It's all part of one large historical event you fucking retard. Stop reaching already.

>British director

>Dunkirk isn't about Nazis
Uh...

NOLAN IS HALF AMERICAN

HE IS THE ONE

I know you Sup Forums leeches love to think that everything is a propaganda, but I'm pretty sure there will be zero focus on the nazi ideology and there will be no big important smug SO EVIL nazi general in it too.
The nazis could be fucking aliens for all that matters.

Wrong user, bud. I'm not Sup Forums. I was merely pointing out that Dunkirk was in WW2 and obviously involves Nazis.

No it's not

I was merely pointing out that the film Dunkirk will not be about le ebil nazis and their ideology whatsoever.

...who do you think the Brits are fighting?

>everyone who disagrees with me is a scary Sup Forums monster

The nazis, but Dunkirk isn't "about Nazis" like you said, it's about transporting a fuckload of people from point A to point B.

No hype because people don't want to watch a depressing dark/greyish war movie in the middle of summer.
Too many war battle scenes in the trailer (your normie girlfriend will hate this).
No leading role. Weird experimental music.
Also it's like the 39274908234th WW2 movie and the plot only involves european soldiers (no "muh american war hero").

>Weird experimental music

How much you want to bet that this movie isn't going to show France's involvement with Dunkirk at all?

youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY

That's actually why I respect Nolan.
Even if it sucks big time, he's still doing original work/ideas which he actually wants to make himself out of the desire/passion to make them in this era of big studio interventions and reboot/sequel cash ins.
No one asked for a yet another WWII war movie, there is no market demand for it. And it isn't about the american heroism so it loses even more.
But he made it because he personally wants to do it, not because a group of some office executive producers told him so.

Even if it becomes the biggest flop ever I will surely go watch this atleast once in the cinema just to support.

You can see the french troops at 1:07 in the trailer you dumbass.

This.
> movie about europe, the hub of cuckoldry.

I have only said that Nazis were involved, it would be silly to think they aren't part of the movie.

OP, it's because NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT DUNKIRK!!! Nolan's been revealed as a fraud who got lucky with Batman and now the fanboys have abandoned him because he's sworn off Cape flicks while the general public has lost interest because he's not much of a filmmaker and has no style!!!FACT!!!

>Nolan's a hack
>he says nervously
Literally one of the best visual directors who still uses actual film in modern cinema.

>swore off capeshit
He's only made 3 "capeshit" films. Are you high?

The trailers were boring as fuck.