Nicholas Cage dethroned?

Is Kevin Costner the newest goat actor and why? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/w6IOq
youtube.com/watch?v=wpX5mffn4EA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's him versus Nicholas Cage.

His perfomance in JFK was so good that people cant realise the level of greatness so they hate on it but i know that kevin is the true goat.

he was good in the untouchables

He was actually pretty good in Hidden Figures.

I mean, what the fuck is this? Am I missing something? archive.is/w6IOq

So, it's like a he was really good in some movies and now he's like getting talked about because of that?

Has any other actor drunk his own piss?I saw the documentary and he actually admitted it was his own piss.

>So, it's like a he was really good in some movies and now he's like getting talked about because of that?

what do you mean? he's always been around and i haven't seen him talked about until this thread

He's AAA Neil Breen.

Why did he become an actor everyone loved to shit on? I know he made Waterworld and it was a huge flop, but there are plenty of other actors in turds that have flopped and were not shit on anywhere near as hard as he was. He also established himself as a decent actor prior that.

I thought he was GREAT in Mr. Brooks

This kino never gets talked about even though it's Costner and William Hurt and Costner is a serial killer.

I think he is the true messiah.Just wait for another movie.He is the only male i would be gay for.

But he wasn't in Con Air. All great actors were in Con Air. Rest in peace, Billy Bedlam.

I hadn't seen him being talked about until today too tbf so, I was wondering why he returned to being talked about.
Yeah, he did get shit on way too much for no reason so, I thought I'd ask why he's getting so shit on.

Haven't seen it, should I?

He seems like a really goy actor. A lot of his movies are deeply attached to old fashioned Americana and traditional moral values, westerns, baseball movies, playing ordinary working-class heroes, standing up for what is right, etc. Devoid of irony, cynicism, vulgarity, narcissism and post modernism which has become the norm in Hollywood. It's very easy to see why the narrative pushed him out of the picture. He doesn't fit in the current mold of vapid pandering and amoral nothingness, and he was ridiculed for that because audiences are their own worst enemies.

it's great fun

cage never had a performance like this

Yes Jesus Christ, what are you still doing here.

He failed to mention Dane Cook. Dane fucking Cook.

It's ok. You know why. I know why.

Just go watch it. I swear it's the kino you've always wanted.

I'll watch it first thing when I'm done with my exams, maybe dl it to watch on the trip back home.
Pretty sad senpai

Costner has more range than Cage does. Everything Cage plays in he just plays himself. Like what Walken does.

The last time I tried a movie based on what user on Sup Forums said, it was "Mouse Hunt" and I was really fucking surprised (and drunk) and it was fucking great.

Let's see if user is right again.

Well, I mostly created the thread because I saw people either shitting on or worshipping Costner and wanted to find out what's up and thought Sup Forums was the best place to go to and learn why and if he's good or not. Just needed a bit baity subject.

I like his stuff. Either it will be a good movie or he will be a good character. The only thing I didn't like was "Waterworld" and I love "The Postman". Another good one is "Frequency". If you've never seen or heard of Frequency I recommend you watch it, but I highly recommend you don't read/see anything at all about it until you watch it.

Costner is god tier in Mr Brooks.

I haven't seen a lot of Costner movies (I think I've seen Waterworld and the Bodyguard, I don't remember if I've seen much else) so, I'll definitely check them out.

That's Dennis Quaid user

they do get mixed up sometimes

I don't like this dude

Oh yeah, you are correct. lol I haven't seen it since it came out. Still a good movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=wpX5mffn4EA

Loved that movie.

He was the best Robin Hood.

Nice song
Oh, I've seen that Robin Hood movie. pretty nice.

Hating Costner is a meme

I can't stand him

Why is Costner a meme?

Why? Elaborate.