Is he a salty old man who went on long past his prime or does he have a point to kill off the Tumblr scum bags?

Is he a salty old man who went on long past his prime or does he have a point to kill off the Tumblr scum bags?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x1x7j94_the-early-bird-dood-it-1942-with-recreated-titles_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=tijiLYiN3xI
youtube.com/watch?v=7wE2dVQBXe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no one ever said he wasn't talented.

he's just opinionated and conceited. The way he addresses issues is like he's God's gift to animation deigning to make a pronouncement.

john k has been going on grumpy old man rants since before tumblr exist.

The thing is that he wants to kill off the Tumblr scum bags and get the industry back to being ran by cartoonist again.

funny thing is that most of the cartoons you posted are shit

I don't see how those are mutually exclusive

He is rather mean-spirited.

No they are not, just the ones in the 3rd & 8th panels.

The rest are excellent.

What is that duck doing to his neck and why does he have a framed newspaper on the wall?

take the nostalgia goggles off mate most of them are shit

The TMS stuff is not shit.

The golden age stuff was not shit.

Laura Haruna was not shit, she was excellent.

What does that even mean?

>brought animation back to America
>by outsourcing to Japan and Taiwan
>citing Family Guy and the Simpsons as glimpses of an animation renaissance

>that did not stop the animators from having fun

So what is "fun" defined as? What about other cartoons is not "having fun"?

That if you hope hard enough that the Tumblr scum bags & Mir (Filmation 2.0) will die off and the industry is ran by real cartoonists again (aka Termite Terrace 3.0).

>TMS stuff is not shit
>this is what tms autists actually believe

Startoons did bring back animation back to America and those TMS shows were co-productions.

John did outsourced however and what you posted is cancer to the industry that makes Tex Avery spin in his grave.

I legitimately hate people like you. You have no idea what you're talking about or why certain cartoons are "better" than others, you're just repeating memes.

You stupid uneducated fuck, stop breathing.

Redpill me on why "tumblr cartoons" became a thing.

>Redpill me on why "tumblr cartoons" became a thing.
Capitalism you meme-loving fuck.

Invisible hand of the free market

What is a tumblr scum bag? How are they are not a "real cartoonist"?

Well, yeah, that's the explanation for any cartoon.

Yes I do know what I'm talking about as I'm a artist.

They are no memes here, only facts.
Penny pinchers as real cartoonists get payed in real money.

>Yes I do know what I'm talking about as I'm a artist.
Oh wow, you can fucking draw.

Get the fuck out.

Watch 1 episode of NuPPG and watch Who Killed Who?; You will thank me later.

That's not an explanation, you just told me to watch cartoons. I want an explanation.

No, this is our industry, you get out as only artist are allowed to be in this industry.

>Yes I do know what I'm talking about as I'm a artist.

You clearly don't.

Those are the explanation as a picture is worth a 1000 words, animation has loads of pictures so it will have more words then what Sup Forums allows in it's posts.

Well what did you want, a thesis?

Artists pay attention to their peers. Trends happen, styles become predominate then they change. It's been like that since the dawn of man.

I refuse to believe you were ever hired in any real sense for animation. No your mom doesn't count.

Oh okay, what you really mean to say is "I can't back up my statements so i'm attempting to make you go away so I don't embarrass myself on a vietnamese slideshow forum".

>that thing
>art
oh so youre one of the reasons why cartoons are dying

Yes, I do.

Cartoons not made by real cartoonists (Tumblr scum bags, writers) = bad.
Cartoons made by real cartoonists (myself, John K, Toshihiko Masuda) = good.

Oh I get it, you're just some stupid underage b&.

How old are you?

No, also my drawing of Lynn looks like a Don Bluth character.
No, far from it.

>no
THEN EXPLAIN YOURSELF YOU FAG

>No, far from it.

Nope, because if you did have something to back it up you would've said it by now.

Also your art is fucking awful, holy fuck.

By Don Bluth you mean Andrew Dobson then yes it does look like a drawing of him

>Cartoons made by real cartoonists (myself
>my drawing of Lynn looks like a Don Bluth character.

Confirmed bait. Move on, everyone.

that art is fucking shit

I just did by video.
dailymotion.com/video/x1x7j94_the-early-bird-dood-it-1942-with-recreated-titles_shortfilms
Those 2 are nothing alike but speaking of Andrew Dobson how do I stay away from his style as I'm not a SJW or a NuMale?

>26 and your art looks like that

>the original version had ATLA in the "shows no one with half a brain cell will even touch"

0/10

I'm not underage.
No it is not, it is excellent.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen, and I'm not a fan of most modern cartoons...this chart doesn't even make sense

And anybody who thinks Hannah Barbara anything was decent before the 90s has a serious case of autism. And what the fuck is that Sonic screen shot supposed to be from?

>Andrew Dobson how do I stay away from his style as I'm not a SJW or a NuMale?
Oh dont worry your not an SJW or a NuMale far from it youre on the opposite end of the spectrum

>does he have a point to kill off the Tumblr scum bags?

Yes but there's not much he can do about it.

Do you have some sort of profile on a website so that we may see some more of your excellent art?

>implying there's more than one

Famicom is a pretty special kind of retarded

It's true.
>Thinking Bob McKimson is shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=tijiLYiN3xI
Early Hanna Babera is excellent as theres a reason why The Flintstones are now relavent again and that Sonic shot was from Sonic Man Of The Year.
youtube.com/watch?v=7wE2dVQBXe0

half of those shows were not created by people from calarts and

hold the fuck up one of those isn't even a cartoon it's fanart of a video game. it's fanart of something from a different medium entirely.

literal autism 100%

Oh really? Then show us the art you applied to art school with.

>Thinking Bob McKimson is shit.

You really think you're as good as people like that? You gotta be fucking joking. There is no way that someone with art that shit honestly believes they're as good as some of the best fucking animators to ever live. I refuse to believe you're not just fucking with me. This is like if Tim Buckley compared himself to Jack Kirby.

Fixed, just bring back Japan, they kill off the Tumblr scum bags when we kill off the fujos, it's that easy.
Famicom & TMSGuy are 2 different people.

And they are not retarded.

No, it's not autism, it's facts.

>I think spics are the lowest race on Earth. Don't get me wrong; I hate niggers as much as everybody else does, but at least it's easy to say they are glorified animals at best and not human. Juans disgust me because they're a crime against the white man. They wear the white skin, but act like lazy dumb niggers. There's nothing lower than that. Vote Trump, by the way.
John K.

I think he's losing it.

>I only speak in memes
Kill yourself. Throw your garbage drawings into the fire and jump in.

>You really think you're as good as people like that?
No joke, ever since people told me that Art Davis is not technically a good Director I shaped up and I'm light years better then Tim Buckley.
Art Schools are a huge waste of money. I was mostly self taught but what ever teachings that I had were from John K's blog "FOR FREE"!

>i'm totally as good as bob mckimson
>its just that my genius hasn't been recognized yet

That is not a meme.

Thank you.

You know What isn't A waste Of money?

Grammar.

Also, I pitched my idea to places in the past and when they love them they never shipped them out to any of the networks for their take on it.

Did you stuff your gift bags with glitter? Producers love that.

If you're so good then why not show us more of your drawings? Do you have a deviantart or some sort of blog?

I never went that far.

>they love them
>they never shipped them out to any of the networks for their take on it.

I'm getting conflicting messages here.

A little gift and a funny note wouldn't hurt either. Something cheap and inoffensive, like a bar of decorative soap. Make sure the note is very personal to you and them, so you can connect with them.

They were a art program was the thing.
Again, I never went that far.

In the future user. You have to be proactive.

I had a weird gay crush on him when I was a teenager.

What frustrates me is that he clearly has an Encyclopedic like knowledge of classic animation and cartooning. You know, he could more than likely make animated shorts that could fit in nice & cozy with the stuff of the 1930's and 1940's but, you know for all he prattles on about the golden age ever since Adult Party only seems interested in playing "How grotesque can I draw today?".

A real damn shame when talent like his is wasted and he's the only one to blame if it being wasted.

>They were a art program was the thing.

Yeah, so?

Post more art

I'm not that other user but I've worked professionally as an animation artist for a long time now and I can tell you there are A LOT of people in this industry who cause lots of drama and make it so that working on cartoons is a painful endeavor.

For example at the start of my career I had worked with this very insecure psycho-manipulate man child who had severe problems and took offense to literally everything. He constantly caused fights with his friends, co workers, clients and one day I decided to I just got sick of his fucking bullshit and quit. That was nearly 2 years ago. He still tries to slander me and start fights to this day.

That was it.

No.
Who was this man?

I'll give you a hint: He's a fat jew. Hook nose and all.

If I'm one to judge purely by appearances, Craig McCracken DOES look like someone who yells a lot and is very argumentative. So I could totally believe this stuff about constantly causing/trying to cause fights.

He doesn't really strike me as the type who would try to slander and start fights with some gremlin who no longer works with him though.

Michael Eisner? His nose is pretty slim.

It's not either. He's not very well known yet outside of online circles.

>Craig McCracken DOES look like someone who yells a lot and is very argumentative.

Really? I'd say the opposite. It looks he's too tired to argue with people. The poor guy just wants to go home and sleep.

>Micheal Eisner rose from the dead to harass user

So he's a nobody?
What city was this in?

Eisner is still alive.

>He doesn't really strike me as the type who would try to slander and start fights with some gremlin who no longer works with him though.

But I'm sure you would right? :)

Woah, I swear to christ I remember him being dead. Good to hear.

Good.

Let's use your logic and think for a second that the reason maybe Craig yelled and was argumentive was because at the end of the day the Jew was extremely insecure and was wrong literally all the time. And who also had a rap sheet of lying and manipulation.

In other words, gotcha bitch!

Is OP still around?

No, he's off to create more masterpieces that rival the likes of Bob Clampett.

Tom?

That I always do, Right now I'm waiting for E3 to start in a few hours.

Every conference is already over.

Nintendo's mini show and the Zelda tree house.

Thats all I care about.

Why would John K watch e3?

I love watching John K stuff on LSD