Injustice 2: The Quickening

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=oDav-JfidL0

Gameplay Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=p50qZNiRfa8&app=desktop

E3 Gameplay: youtube.com/watch?v=sc2oyxSbXjo

What we know so far:

>Confirmed for PS4 and Xbone, PC not mentioned, coming in 2017
>Characters will be customizable through the Gear system (armor pieces with different cosmetics and stats that you get after fights)
>Takes place in the Injustice universe after the first game. Batman and friends are still fighting Regime remnants when a new Earth threatening threat appears
>Stated to have the biggest roster in a DC fighting game ever (so at least 30+ characters)
>Confirmed characters: Superman, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Supergirl, Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus, Black Manta(?)
>Speculated: Wonder Woman, Doctor Fate, Harley Quinn (Logos on Injustice 2 shirt) Ras al Ghul (Trailer voice over), Black Canary (Arrow actress went in for mocap), Blue Beetle, Swamp Thing (Twitter Poll) and Captain Cold (Snart's name and gun are shown in the trailer, gun is also on the shirt and he was in the poll).
>Stages confirmed bigger with Metropolis, Gotham and Atlantis confirmed so far
>Matches now start with MKX style character banter
>Clashes, supers, stage interactables and transitions are all confirmed to be returning

New gameplay footage is coming later today from Gamespot at 12:40 PDT and IGN at 4:20 PDT.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j5BQYpgMGnU
youtu.be/zaLhAdlUMn0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gimme gimme Poison Ivy,
she is green and she is lively.
Spend my hard-earned GBP,
on green-tit redhead plants with glee.
Boonie shows me his new game,
And tries to tell me its not lame.
My floral waifu, I decree
I'll play on my flat screen TV.
Batmen, Wondies, Slades, and Banes
But of my Ivies none remains.

He tries to make me take a nappy,
But sleeping doesn't make me happy.
Ivy is the only girl,
That doesn't make me want to hurl.
I'll scream and shout and make a fuss,
I'll scratch, I'll bite, I'll even cuss!
Ivy is my heart's desire,
Fueled by raging, hungry fire.
Boonie sobs and wails and cries,
But tears aren't Ivies. Stop your lies.

My good-boy points were fairly earned,
To play the Ivy that I've yearned.
But there's no Ivy in my game!
Did Boonie think that I'd think that's great?
"IVY IVY GET HER NOW,
YOU FAT, UNGRATEFUL, SLUGGISH SOW!"
I screech while hurling in his eyes,
My foul-smell bowel-dwelling diaper surprise.
For he who is un-pooped on is he who wisely
Never forgets my Poison Ivy.

Ayy OP

You know I'd be fine with Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing, I just want awesome plant based movesets. I just want Swampy slightly more since I love his comics and we always need more big guys.

>He ACTUALLY thinks tournaments and highest-level tournament players are vital in the health and longevity of fighting games and the commmunity

>meme thing

I guess I'm gonna have to sit back and wait on the gear system. I was skeptical about MKX's Variant system, assuming that it was just going to split up the normal moveset across 3 variations. I was kinda right, but the execution was still better than it could've been

Considering that at the end of the day, they're the last players standing, yeah I'd say that they matter more when it comes to longevity than just about anyone else this side of the developers.

>mfw someone thinks they matter more than the players who are good enough to make money playing the games in a genre where after 2 months half of the salebase is playing something else

And none of that money goes to developers. Tourneyfags are literally the least important people to a game.

This is why fighting games are dead.

It sounds interesting but I really don't see how it could possibly be balanced. It might be for the best for them to say the gear is completely optional early on so as not to preemptively kill the tourney scene before the game is even out. I'm sure I'll have fun messing around with it offline with friends but I don't want the entirety of my online experience to be dealing with annoying fuckers who just use all the best most OP gear. Just give gear it's own separate online mode.

I guess developers are throwing money INTO tournaments because of some sick masochistic scheme to lose money

That's why I'm playing the long game with this one. We simply don't know ENOUGH about the system to be up in arms about it.

Rather, I don't know enough about it. there was a lot of buzztalk in what Boon has said, and what has been written about it, rather than actual concrete stuff.

The problem is casuals and tourney players want completely different things out of fighting games but the tourney players are huge pricks about the stuff they want and completely overestimate how important they really are.

It's marketing for normies.

Notice that the best selling fighting games (read: the only ones that sell at all) are always absolute shit for tourneys, like Mortal Kombat and Smash Bros.

Exactly. We need some specifics about how all this shit works which sucks because Boon is terrible at giving specifics. I fully expect to learn almost nothing new from the gameplay today since interviewers never know anything about fighters and never ask good questions and Boon gives terrible and vague answers anyway.

Okay all that is nice and all but how much do they change?
Does it change their combos? Their weapons?

Because if it's just changing suits and stats i'll pass.

We don't know yet. Godspeed skin for reverse flash when?

So its Supergirl taking the role as the Girl of Murder?

>PC not mentioned
Suppose not releasing on PC is one way to not royally fuck up.

Doesn't seem like it, she sounds normal enough in the trailer.

I'm wondering if they'll skip it entirely or if they're waiting to release a PC version until later down the line after all the DLC is out. Maybe if they do they'll actually get a competent dev to port it this time, or at the very least give whoever they hire enough time to do it well.

>MANTA IS JUST A STAGE HAZARD
HAW

Prove it without boring speculation like "he was launched". Because we all know comic books aren't related. Also, in that same trailer Aquaman floats for an unreasonable period of time

What

you know what.

I make a post in clear support of Manta, and you cry cold. So no, I don't know what

Post your alternate costume wishlists.
Superman
>Kingdom come
>Superman:Truth
>Clark Kent

Batman
>Zur-En-Arrh
>Rainbow Batman
>Adam West Batman

Flash
>Wally west costume
>OG Jay Garrick

Wonder Woman
>Cassie
>Donna Troy

Supergirl
>Timm version/Linda Danvers version
>Red Lantern
>Cir-El

Grodd
>Ultra Humanite
>Golden Gorilla

Green Lantern
>Guy
>John
And if he isn't in the game, Booster Gold.

>The possibility of Superman not having F23 or having a nerfed F23

It hurts.

Feels GREAT man

Supes
Classic, Beyond and DC Bombshells outfits for everyone applicable. Also some Infinite Crisis designs like Atomic Wonder Woman and GL, those were great.

Don't say such horrible things man. Bodying Sup Forums with Emperor Supes on Metropolis was one of the funnest times I had.

Fuck off Grey.

Make me nerd. See me at EVO with pre patch 1.6 Injustice.

Mother fucking dek starr made it in as a support, holy shit

I hope we get Reverse Flash or Zoom

>implying that a game scene or community lasts without a competitive scene unless it offers mod support or emergent gameplay

Holy shit, Sup Forums is just as clueless about games as it is about comics.

I'd Fuck up pre patch superman anyway with my Gl cock sucker.

>customizable characters in a fighting game

I have a sinking feeling this will end up as dead as SFxT, but it looks pretty good. If they keep Lobo, Grundy and Bane it'll be a day one buy. Otherwise I'll just wait for the "here's all the DLC but cheaper" edition

If you have IGAU on PS3, see me on it right now. I'll body you from here to Metropolis so bad.

i don't give a shit for the competitive scene for this game i just want the entire injustice roster back

Say that to Secky's face not online and see what happens

I actually did meet Secksy. Way back at Apex 2014. Pretty cool guy. Haven't talked to him since though.

We all do, friend

I know you did. I was supposed to go as well, but money

Fucking this, even though I know it won't happen. MKX disappointed the hell out of me because they cut so much of the roster to add in fucking 4 or 5 horror movie monsters. I wish they'd just tweak the old guys and bulk up the selection but I'm sure it will get gutted

Well see me at EVO so I can give you the beating (Superman on Metropolis Rooftops) you were suppose to receive two years ago.

You gonna pay for my trip?

>implying "muh community" sells games

Sales of a game literally only matter within the first week. That is a fact, you ignorant baboon. Muh tourney scene isn't going to rally around a game in that time period.

Educate yourself, you dumb bastard.

TDKR Bane

MKX apparently redid the entire cast though. I2 looks like they're just porting characters straight over, which is a really good thing.

I can give you a discount code for the Greyhound if that helps.

3000 miles ain't cheap, no matter how you splice it

i just hope they adjust some of their strings to make them actually have some use in a fight

i fell asleep playing deathstroke desu

The struggle is always real man.

I want Bronze Age costumes for everyone, a Kid Flash costume for Flash, and some Robin costumes for Nightwing.

Heh, I never was a PSCuck Grey, keep living on in your dream land.

Irony

Link for gamestop and IGN streams?

>Space Ripper Stingy Eyes
kek

I will throw such an autistic shit fit when I see that stage transition

Is Black Manta sufficiently angry to be a Red Lantern?

yes

Post yfw this game is DC's MK Armageddon

I'd really want to see that happening and how Aquaman would deal with it.

Nah. It's totally unlike Armageddon.

Hoping for a MK character to be a guest in it like Scorpion was in the first.

Armageddon's gameplay was meh at best.

Only if it's Kano

Doug you POS.

Cleanse NRS of guests.

>when I see that stage transition

lucky for you then that it isn't happening.

He'd work.

As if Kano is high enough on the totem pole. Though he would actually fit in the universe. But villainous mercs work in every universe

Has anyone who had their hands on the game at E3 commented on any menu details?

Then how about Samsung and/or Crunchy?

>Implying we're not getting Super John Cena

>grey is back without catposting and Emperor supes posting

It doesn't feel right

>Cena
WWE will pitch Roman nonstop, while NRS pitches Lesnar and Crossfit Jesus

Got this vid back from TRMK with a bit more gameplay.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j5BQYpgMGnU

That's not really how NRS guests work.

>Evolved Crossfit Jesus

Yes please.

WWE would have to allow their wrestler to be a first character

Did anyone notice Aquaman was using exactly the same moves as in the first game?

Yeah

>Character's in a fighting game use the same moves as they did in the last instalment

Wow, what a big surprise.

Batman First Special move before it was change. youtu.be/zaLhAdlUMn0

Yeah, but the majority of the moveset carried over. Compare to MK9 and MKX Kano.

Awesome

Well Scorpion for example retained many of his combos MK9-MKX.

Man the black and silver look on Supes is awesome.

I like the batmobile finisher more.

True but MK had a huge gameplay change up between games because of the addition of variations. I2's big addition is the gear system which wouldn't really change the actual basic gameplay. NRS seems to be refining some of the rougher ideas from the first like the clashes but keeping the core gameplay the same.

When

Same.

I will live on in my dreamland. At least there, you aren't dodging your beatings by my Lucha Bane and godlike Sex Luthor.

I'm on a new laptop so those folders are gone. Don't worry though man, I'll be preaching the gospel of the Emperor soon. We got like a year before the game's out anyways.

After pic related

my nigga

Are you on the ps4 hype train this time as opposed to MKX?

>evolved, adapted, prepared to fight
>not "pushed BEYOND my limits"
What a waste.