Name a time this show was wrong about something. I'm curious because unlike most politically-minded shows...

Name a time this show was wrong about something. I'm curious because unlike most politically-minded shows, it doesn't have many critics that are taken seriously and are usually dismissed by the fan base anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

culturewars.com/2002/boston_ped.html
sott.net/article/229156-Lies-Damned-Lies-400000-Smoking-related-Deaths-Cooking-the-Data-in-the-Fascists-Anti-Smoking-Crusade
headrambles.com/smoking-out-the-truth/the-scientific-scandal-of-antismoking/#.V2CB9YpHbCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The biker episode.

I mean I get what they were trying to do and what the point of the episode was but I thought that it fell a little flat.

When they said vaccines cause autism

Yeah, they were implying "fag" is completely no longer a derogatory term for a homosexual when that's just not true.

It's hard to be wrong when your stance is "EVERYONE who cares about something is wrong."

Disintegration is not the greatest album ever

I think the point was that language evolves. Fag.

Whenever they present two extremely exaggerated sides to an argument and pretend that they're smart by being inbetween two massive strawmen that rarely have any resemblance at all to reality. So, pretty much all the time.

>>Name a time this show was wrong about something.

Learn to read.

>2005
>Transsexuals are like a man seeing himself as a dolphin.

>2015
>Trans people are normal and you're an asshole for disagreeing.

Internet Fame not giving you lotsa moolah. Well, I guess back then it didn't but now it does.

Gay use to mean happy
Then it meant homosexual men
Now it means stupid or unsatisfactory

Al Gore and Global Warming.

>Gnomes Big businesses are great and help with innovation
>Wallmart episode Big businesses destroy towns and ruin the economy

This .

They cover their asses by exaggerating and making fun of all sides involved in an argument, without having the balls to take a side themselves. Of course they're never wrong if all they do is let everyone know how much they don't care and how anyone with passion for a cause (no matter how righteous or misguided) is ridiculous.

They're about as 'right' as someone posting "meh" in a discussion thread.

I think is close, but not quite it. South Park generally doesn't claim one side is right or wrong, they just make fun of people for caring about something too much. Their point MIGHT be "It's okay to have these opinions/beliefs, so long as you aren't an asshole about it", but I think that would be harder to write satire around.

I always thought the smoking episode was weird. Big Tobacco companies are good because anti smoking lobbyists are creepy? I still don't get what their point was.

WITH A HIDEY LIDEY LIDEY AND A HIDEY LIDEY LAY
WE WORK AND WE MAKE CIGARETTES ALL HIDEY LIDEY DAY

Global warming is a hoax dude. They were right about that.

this. I think it was their 100th episode that basically parodied this. They take both sides to an issue and resolve nothing.

I think it was just that the dangers of smoking are well known and if someone still wants to smoke they should be allowed to without having people going out of their way to scream at them

Nah, global warming is real.

Just because a certain group of people hijacked the issue to further their own causes doesn't change that.

they don't likehow smokers are singled out and ridiculed all the time. They have a few episodes about it. liek in that tolerance episode, after they go through the tunnel of racial slurs, and their parents are all about how you should treat everyone with respect, then they see a smoker and tell him to go kill himself for smoking.

Do people seriously not get the gag with the cigarette companies?

Like the whole thing is one(fucking obvious) meta joke focusing on the issues of setting up strawmen.

The Tobacco Factory being portrayed as idyllic is just a way to take the piss out of the millions of PSAs against tobacco. The episode is in no way endorsing tobacco, it's just fucking funny to see tobacco workers singing like Oompa Loompas

Hell the end of the episode is more a self-critique about how the boys always avoid a problem to where it becomes a witch-burning issue

2 season back they tried to make a point about how despite Let's Players and blogers like PewDiePie make no sense and only attract little children, they are genuinely entertainers and unlike most modern media's like they don't pander and do their own thing and aren't sellouts.

Except that isn't true at all.

In fact if you don't sell out you are looked down upon in the lets play/streaming communities.

>Now it means stupid or unsatisfactory
I haven't used gay in that manner unironically since middle school, though.

They don't always hit the ball on the head, but it's show faitgue. Fractured But Whole looks great, and their Broadway musical was awesome.

People on Twitch are upfront about being sellouts. I think you have to tell your viewers if you're doing a sponsored stream for a game

Have they done an episode about how dumb people ITT are for trying to interpret a show for being deep satire when it's really just parody with momentary poignancy?

Yeah Stick of Truth and Book of Mormon proved that Trey and Matt can still make Gold if they're genuinely into their material. They've just been making South Park for 20 seasons

Yeah, the episode where the boys try to write a book filled with gross out humor and the town mistakes it for hidden genius.

>implying anything ITT is even implied as deep
nice b8, have a (you)

If you're asking if people are dumb enough to take South Park literally, then unfortunately yes.

I think the issue is that while words do evolve the original meaning doesn't really go away.

Tell that to the guys over at Something Awful's LP community.

So Fag was and will be always primarily associated for a bundle of sticks?

Good to know.

>Something Awful

There's your problem.

"God Hates Fags? Oh, they must mean that god hates stupid people, because fag obviously means stupid and nothing else."

>I always thought the smoking episode was weird. Big Tobacco companies are good because anti smoking lobbyists are creepy? I still don't get what their point was.

Dude if you only knew how utterly corrupt anti-smoking was, you'd take their side. I've never personally seen the smoking episode but smoking and secondhand smoke isn't the health risk people say it is. It's just an excuse to look down on smelly people.

Smoking is a choice, the only thing nonsmoking people should worry about is secondhand smoke which doesn't exist.

Clearly "God Hates Fags" means God hates bundles of stick. The orignal meaning really doesn't go away, after all:^)

The trans acceptance episode came out (pun not intended) in mid 2014 you ditz.

Isn't that more of an argument for what I'm saying? You clearly know that in A LOT of circumstances, almost EVERY circumstance, that fag and faggot are words that are explicitly derogatory terms for homosexuals.

it didn't

Stop being so fucking obtuse you know what I meant.

Gay = Homosexual
Gay = Happy
Gay = Stupid

The original meaning doesn't magically go away, it's just another definition.

But faggot meaning homosexual isn't the original term, faggot. You said the original meaning never really goes away, and your "evidence" is to say people know the word faggot to mean homosexual, which ISN'T the original meaning.

TLDR: You're a dumb fucking faggot

I didnt saying that, actually, that was somebody else. Why are you getting so upset over this?

>I haven't used gay in that manner unironically since middle school, though.

Because you are a faggot

>October 8, 2014

I was kind of pissed off by the ending to the euthanasia episode, because instead of arguing against it they just had a ghost show up and say it was wrong.

I also haven't used fag, faggot, or gay in that way since I was like 8 or 9 years old. Because I'm an adult. I also don't call things retarded, or call people niggers on the internet. Again, because I'm an adult. Maybe you should try not being a teenager.

he meant the dolphin episode though

>smoking and secondhand smoke isn't the health risk people say it is
>thing nonsmoking people should worry about is secondhand smoke which doesn't exist.
both of these are wrong and have been thoroughly debunked. Dislike anti-smoking all you want. Don't pull bullshit out of your ass

I don't think they were really about making political points in the early seasons, just seeing how far they can go on TV with irreverent humor. All those "I learned something today" speeches were a riff on saccharine pre-90's sitcoms and after school specials.

Seriously, the plot of that episode could have been taken from the Brady Bunch, only you know replace the attempts at suicide with impressing the popular kids or some shit. Be yourself instead of don't give up on life.

They were wrong about:
-immigration being good
-Zimmerman being wrong
-most religion episodes are reddit/fedora tier.

Trey's not that deep of a thinker, he's just right more often then other media personalities.

>Future immigrant episode
>Future immigrants are taking jobs away from hard working past citizens and illegal immigration is a big problem
>Cartman butter immigration episode
>immigrants are the greatest people in the world and should be allowed to hop the fence becaus Americans don't work

>immigration being good
Wernt they against it in the Goo Back episode?
>Zimmerman being wrong
I dunno about this one, but he probably would have been executed or at the very least not have gotten as much media coverage if the victim was a white kid.
>most religion episodes are reddit/fedora tier.
Name some.

Part of it was about just taking the piss out of the anti-smokers.

Take the rainforest episode. The creators don't want to cut down every tree in the world for the lulz. They just wanted to take the piss out of the hippies who think the rainforests are perfect Utopias and make fun of the huge trend of save the rainforest movement that was big.
They know trees and the environment are important (see Future immigrant episode)

GAY means Good As You
fucking learn faggot

I only watch about once a year. Have they done anything on Sarkesean, Leth, or anything nerd girl adjacent yet?

Rather, simply being unafraid to confront most shit dramatically improves their track record.

>I dunno about this one, but he probably would have been executed or at the very least not have gotten as much media coverage if the victim was a white kid.
White kid wouldn't have sparked protestors. A better analogy is if Zimmerman was black, then nobody would have heard jack shit about it.

"Deep" in that context meant "Trey and Matt were trying to 'take on' some social issue"

Didn't you watch the documentary? They literally write their episodes by writing down whatever makes them and their staff laugh.

If I were to call your argument nice, what would you think I meant? That I thought it was a good argument with a lot of merit or, the original meaning of "nice", that it's foolish or stupid?

Because it certainly is one of those.

>Wernt they against it in the Goo Back episode?

I don't remember. I remember They were pro-immigration in the water park episode. Then there was last season's episode where Mr. Garrison rapes Donald Trump to death.

> but he probably would have been executed or at the very least not have gotten as much media coverage if the victim was a white kid.

If Trayvon had been white, there wound't have been a media circus around the whole thing, let alone that show trial just to confirm what was already known - that Zimmerman acted in self-defense.

>Name some.

"Starvin' Marvin in Space" where they said that missionaries in Africa are just there to hand out Bibles and not feed or help people, which is not only wrong but pretty insulting to the missionaries to go to hellhole countries, often at their own peril, to help others.

Then there was the child molestation episode where they said that abuse by prioests was caused by the church being too traditional, when pretty much all the incidents happened after Vatican II allowed homosexuals to be ordained and the church stopped following their traditional protocols for wrong doing by priests and started listening to psychologists.

culturewars.com/2002/boston_ped.html

>Trying to take a high-and-mighty stance by claiming people are children for doing things you don't do

Doesn't make you right, though. The word "awful" used to be considered slang and was frequently used by a younger generation in the 1700's. Am I a child because I use it now as a common adjective?

How about you refrain from speaking on subjects you know jack shit about. You probably get all of your information from government news sources.

>Enstrom, JE and Kabat, GC. Environmental tobacco smoke and tobacco related mortality in a prospective study of Californians, 1960-98 BMJ 2003; 326:1057. This study found "No significant associations were found for current or former exposure to environmental tobacco smoke before or after adjusting for seven confounders and before or after excluding participants with pre-existing disease."

Also

sott.net/article/229156-Lies-Damned-Lies-400000-Smoking-related-Deaths-Cooking-the-Data-in-the-Fascists-Anti-Smoking-Crusade

headrambles.com/smoking-out-the-truth/the-scientific-scandal-of-antismoking/#.V2CB9YpHbCQ

Go head to Japan and Greece where the smoke is so prevalent it'll look like an indoor campfire and you'll see little anti-smoking hysteria or tobacco related deaths, because the Japanese in particular have a better lifestyle than the U.S.

They don't cover their asses trying to be right. They cover their asses to win any litigation while still making people laugh or mad but not neutral to every episode.

They hijacked it and told blatant lies about it to further their own causes. The episode wasn't saying it wasn't real, the episode was mocking the fact that people were saying ten years ago we would all be under water today.

All entertainers are doing it for the money user. Not saying let's play and youtubers in general are high art, but they're just dumb entertainment. Like reality tv.

You don't have to, but it keeps chat from frothing at the mouth.

For example the kid who got tazed until his heart stopped and dropped on his face so his teeth shattered was white.

Aren't they anti-abortion?

>I only use adult insults for adults such as myself

I thought the first was serious and the second sarcastic.

they had xboxone win the current console wars. the way the episode ends is funny but in reality its the opposite of what the episode depicts

When did this happen?

>Bush and Gore are the same.
They should apologize to every vet who got their balls blown off in Iraq.

>culturewars.com/2002/boston_ped.html

wow this sounds like an informative site

Smoking is a sign of degeneracy. Why would you defend degenerates?

>and their parents are all about how you should treat everyone with respect, then they see a smoker and tell him to go kill himself for smoking.
You mean like the current political climate?

Go God Go was even making fun of atheism but it was STILL reddit-tier.

Actually, the OG twitchers did it for free for friends. Or instead of friends, in some cases. It's a very low investment form of social interaction, You don't even have to introduce yourself or wear pants. Just show up and talk about a predefined topic.

Do you actually have a counter-argument?

megafaggot

Ah yes, the user reveals himself to be nothing more than a busybody nazi not concerned with actual science but of class.

It was the Nazis who started this entire view of smoking and they were ideology driven, not science driven.

>Apart from public health concerns, the Nazis were heavily influenced by ideology; specifically, the movement was influenced by concepts of racial hygiene and bodily purity. Nazi leaders believed that it was wrong for the master race to smoke and that tobacco consumption was equal to "racial degeneracy". The Nazis viewed tobacco as a "genetic poison". Racial hygienists opposed tobacco use, fearing that it would "corrupt" the "German germ plasm". Nazi anti-tobacco activists often tried to depict tobacco as a vice of the degenerate Negroes.

>The Nazis claimed that the Jews were responsible for introducing tobacco and its harmful effects. The Seventh-day Adventist Church in Germany announced that smoking was an unhealthy vice spread by the Jews. Johan Von Leers, editor of the Nordische Welt (Nordic World), during the opening ceremony of the Wissenschaftliches Institut zur Erforschung der Tabakgefahren in 1941, proclaimed that "Jewish capitalism" was responsible for the spread of tobacco use across Europe. He said that the first tobacco on German soil was brought by the Jews and that they controlled the tobacco industry in Amsterdam, the principal European entry point of Nicotiana.

I-I don't think that user was being serious

Someone up thread tried to tell me that o was full of shit. I thought it was the same guy.

"being gay is OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This.
Fucking faggot.